PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dark Elf lists 2250

Bladelord
27-12-2009, 17:53
lvl.4 Supreme Sorceress, Lifetaker, Sacrificial Dagger.
315pts.
Master, BSB, lance, shield, heavy armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Hydra Banner.
214pts.
Assassin, additional hand weapon, Rending Stars, Rune of Khaine, Cloak of Twilight.
171pts.
Total: 690pts.

15 Warriors, musician.
93pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen, shields.
110pts.
6 Dark Riders, musician, repeater Xbows.
139pts.
139pts.
6 Harpies.
66pts.
6 Harpies.
66pts.
Total: 613pts.

7 Shades, Bloodshade, great weapons.
144pts.
Cold One Chariot.
100pts.
Cold One Chariot.
100pts.
6 Cold One Knights, full command, Ring of Hotek, Banner of Murder.
252pts.
War Hydra.
175pts.
War Hydra.
175pts.
Total: 946pts.

Total: 2249pts.

lvl.4 Sorc with 15 Warrs, BSB with Knights & Assassin with Shades.

lvl.4 Supreme Sorceress, Sacrificial Dagger. *
285pts.
Master, BSB, Beastmaster's Scourge, shield, heavy armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Standard of Slaughter. *
176pts.
Master, great weapon, Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek. *
134pts.
Assassin, additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus.
171pts. *
Total: 766pts.

15 Warriors, musician. *
93pts.
28 Warriors, shields, full command, Warbanner. *
236pts.
24 Warriors, shields, full command, Banner of Murder. *
208pts.
24 Warriors, shields, full command, Banner of Cold Blood.
198pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen.
100pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen.
100pts.
10 Corsairs w/ handbows, musician.
105pts.
10 Corsairs w/ handbows.
100pts.
5 Dark Riders, musician, repeater Xbows.
117pts.
117pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
Total: 1484pts.

Total: 2250pts.

List with just characters & core units:cool:

tmarichards
27-12-2009, 19:21
Looking at the top list...

First of all, I'd put the unit of power dice warriors up to 20- if you kill just one a turn, then they'll be down to only 9 models at the end of game, before any shooting casualties. I'd also put a champion in there, to challenge and stop attacks on the Lv4. Not so sure about the musician though.

I'd take the harpies in just 5s, unless you've found otherwise I find 5 is enough for a throwaway unit that can't be completely ignored. 2 units is good though.

Drop the Bloodshade for another shade, I'd also consider dropping the great weapons.

I think the assassins equipment is a bit too mixed- you've got plenty of shooting, so 3
S5 rending stars won't do a huge amount more. I'd recommend you either give him manbana and rune of khaine, or manbane and rending stars (keeping the cloak will work, but you might not be able to draw out enough dispel dice to get it to work)

If you can, try and fit in a scroll caddy- with just 4 dice, you'll struggle to neutralise a magic phase that can do lots of low dice casting, or spells that get through the ring of hotek.

Finally, you may find that a unit of 7 Cold Ones is quite unwieldy, so I'd suggest you drop one and use the points as I've suggested above.

Second list:

First thing to jump out is the beastmasters scourge on the master- if he've mounted, he can't use an additional hand weapon, so the points can be better spent elsewhere.

Apart from that not sure what to say really, I personally don't think it'll be all that competetive but I could be very wrong. If you're going for an all infantry army, I'd say drop at least one spear block to make way for a unit of Black Guard (I know it ruins the all-core approach, but these guys are awesome!)

Bladelord
27-12-2009, 20:08
lvl.4 Supreme Sorceress, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond, Sacrificial Dagger.
340pts.
Master, BSB, lance, shield, heavy armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Hydra Banner.
214pts.
Assassin, additional hand weapon, handbow, Rune of Khaine, Manbane, Cloak of Twilight.
176pts.
Total: 730pts.

21 Warriors, musician.
129pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen.
100pts.
139pts.
139pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
Total: 617pts.

7 Shades, great weapons.
126pts.
Cold One Chariot.
100pts.
Cold One Chariot.
100pts.
5 Cold One Knights, full command, Ring of Hotek, Banner of Murder.
225pts.
War Hydra.
175pts.
War Hydra.
175pts.
Total: 901pts.

Total: 2248pts.

lvl.4 Supreme Sorceress, Sacrificial Dagger. *
285pts.
Master, BSB, shield, heavy armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Standard of Slaughter. *
170pts.
Master, great weapon, Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek. *
134pts.
Assassin, additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus.
171pts. *
Total: 760pts.

21 Warriors, musician. *
129pts.
27 Warriors, shields, full command, Warbanner. *
229pts.
14 Corsairs, full command, Sea Serpent Standard.
190pts.
24 Warriors, shields, full command, Banner of Cold Blood. *
198pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen.
100pts.
10 Repeater Xbowmen.
100pts.
10 Corsairs w/ handbows.
100pts.
10 Corsairs w/ handbows.
100pts.
117pts.
117pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
5 Harpies.
55pts.
Total: 1490pts.

Total: 2250pts.

So these are the changes I made.

Will stay to just core units in the 2nd llist but I swapped 1 unit of warrs for a small corsair unit, maybe Iīll put the master with g. wpn there or the assassin.

More advice & comments would be helpful. A Dark Elf army just made up by corse units & characters can really be competitive but I dunno if my list's good enough for that.

Thanks for the advice tmarichards:)

kyussinchains
27-12-2009, 20:13
both decent lists in their own way, the first list seems quite 'cookie-cutter' for a Dark Elf army, although you've not used the black guard which is a nice touch.

I agree with tmarichards, the sorceress's unit needs more men, she could concievably take 4 a turn down! and a champion is almost essential to absorb any potentially dangerous challenges.

You could save the points by dropping a couple of harpies and dark riders, Although I disagree on dropping the great weapons, my shades with great weapons have worked wonders with timely late-game flank charges.

The second list looks like fun, almost a dark elf horde army! probably not the most powerful build, but with some good generalship it wouldn't be a pushover...

edit: the best all-core dark elf army is probably just dark riders and harpies coupled with a dragonrider and heroes on pegasuses, play no-touch and whittle the enemy down with RxB fire, then charge the flyers in to finish the job....

Bladelord
27-12-2009, 22:10
I believe Iīll never field Black Guard when I play DE's. Itīs against the theme on my army (ok these arenīt themed for my army either but still).