PDA

View Full Version : Nurgling basing question

EVIL INC
31-01-2006, 06:30
The nurgling bases I have are the old big square ones. Now, looking in the codex, I see them based on round bases. Are they sposed to be based on the round ones in 40k now and if so, what is the correct size? They appear to be on terminater sized ones in the pictures.

devolutionary
31-01-2006, 06:41
The bases they are on are bigger than the round ones, as they still have corners (duh). They're still legitimate for use.

EVIL INC
31-01-2006, 07:11
Well, I was kinda hoping that I could find out the correct size of the round ones they are using now. The reason for this is, I am hoping that they are small enough for me to downsize the number of nurglings to put on each base meaning, I could hopefully, have more bases of them. The pictures look like they have 5 sqeezed on, but I am hoping to get away with like 3 or 4 with scening added. That way, I could get at least 2 or 3 more bases then I do now.

devolutionary
31-01-2006, 07:13
Ahhh I assume they're the 40mm variety, like Rippers.

lord_blackfang
31-01-2006, 07:55
Yes, new Nurglings come with a 40mm round base (and the old square base too, for Fantasy players)

colhodg
31-01-2006, 08:48
They look fine with 3 on, providing you have a bit of scenery/bits to put on the base - maybe mould something nasty looking out of green stuff. means you get 3 bases per blister too...

Playa
31-01-2006, 08:52
Hey,

The nurgling bases I have are the old big square ones. Now, looking in the codex, I see them based on round bases.

A 5/8in (SAE) flat washer has a 1.5in diameter.

Glue one to the bottom of each 40mm square base.

A very little bit of the corners needs to be filed off.

They're now a weighted 40mm round (near enough).

Finally, as each base = 3W, adorn w/ 3 Lings. Done.

HTH

Playa

cookiescrumble
31-01-2006, 13:58
They are on the 40mm bases.

ArtificerArmour
31-01-2006, 15:01
A nurgling base has 3 wounds. Therefore I put 3 on each base. They go at least one base further doing that.

EVIL INC
31-01-2006, 16:12
Cool deal, I am assuming the 40mm bases are the new termy ones? If so, I am set as I had bought a whole bag of them to rebase my termies. That will give me enough to make 5 bases plus have a lil guy left for on a character or vehicle (unless I can scrounge up a couple more from my bitz. think traded odd ones off already though). Thanx for help.:)
edit: some of those old original ones were hard to get out of the bases. They are small and hard to grip with sharp edges. I got them out though, just have sore fingertips.
Edit 2: Found some more. This means I will be able to field 8 stands with 3 on each. Now if only I could get my hands on 6 more nurglings to make it an even 10....

billr
01-02-2006, 04:05
I put seven on each, because... Well if I have you explain you don't need to know.

EVIL INC
01-02-2006, 04:29
:p Not everyone has enough money to go overboard.:p
A question... Will the staff at a GW or a tourny disallow thier use if they only have 3 on each round base? Assuming of course, that there are also other extras added on (rocks, bushes ect).

AmKhaibitu
01-02-2006, 05:12
I don't see how they can, it's a swarm with 3 wounds and I imagine 3 attacks... surely they won't even look twice about 3 figures on the base.

It's the same with scarab and ripper swarms. They're all defined as 4 or 5 per base, yet most people go for 3 at most.