PDA

View Full Version : Project wolfguard

Pages : [1] 2

Jormangundr
31-01-2006, 07:19
Hello people.Where to start......oookaaay.I have had a space wolves thunderhawk sat in a box for a year now :cries:
basically as it is such a MASSIVE task all by itself i keep telling myself that i will do it last. Ie when my 'normal' army units are all done......
problem is I took six months off my army (when i was working for gw . go figure) so picked up the brush again in November not long eh ?
right i will start with a list of what i have done and then a list of what is to come.

DONE: 10 grey hunters with a wg battleleader (need to fiddle with these)

two squads of 9 claws including wolfguards for both.

7 scouts including a wolfguard.(pictures soon)

5 wolfguard bikers + runepriest (need to paint last two )
pictures of these are in the p and t forum

funky old longfang chap to be a proxy vindicare

TO DO: 9 man wolf termy squad + wolf lord ( first one started today)

1 venny dred and 1 normal dred (parts for the former land soon)

3 converted landspeeder tempests (can you say armoured
snowmobiles :evilgrin:

1 more squad of 10 greyhunters

THUNDERHAWK (weep)

6 drop pods ( need to figure out how to do these ,sooooooo
not paying 300 quid for 30pt transports )

well thems the lists !

basically doing this to give me motivation to get to the hawk....I should finish the last two wolf bikes by sunday (fingers crossed)
modelling on the termies has begun so i have some models to paint when the bikes are finished, so will give you guys some wip pics as we go..........

for the termies i have obtained a meter of green stuff strip ,a box of assault and a box of tactical termies two forgeworld conversion kits about a kilo of assorted metul bitz from mail order (actually speaking of which i am still on the shark for anuvver assault cannon :angel: ) also my bestist friend , who goes by the name el diablo on this forum is,actually a rather talented sculptor and will be doing ze modelling side of things for me............yay.

between us we can fill a small lorry with our bits boxes so we should be good to go................................

to give you some idea where i'm going with this unit modeling/wysiwyg here's the weapon fit/basic ideas.

4 wg termies with lc's(master crated) all with wolf tails,necklaces,pelts extra fur bling bling bling (oh and dont forget the charms)

2 pre heresy termies with mastercrafted dane axe (thunderhammer) and round stormshield unt nordic 'spectacle' helmets well maybe only one with the latter. + all the usuall wg bling ( see above )

3 assault cannon's 2 with chainfists one with dirtygreatbigaxe held in a powerfist (various mastercrafting here,maybe the ass cannons.....................hehehe

1 wolflord wiv lotsa stuff still cant decide what to fit him up with.....any suggestions ?

well thats the rundown, so 'ill be back' :chrome: with some photos

El-Diablo
31-01-2006, 09:52
Work has begun on the first of the Wolf Guard, wip pics will come in the next day or 2

El Diablo

KayvaanShrike
31-01-2006, 11:32
Sounds like a good project, I am interested to see how you paint your SW's since I went with codex grey on mine, since they shadow grey is to blueish, and SW grey is a horrid colour for mass parts like armour.

So yeah be good to see some pics, but since your on your way to that, there should be no problem eh? :)

Jormangundr
31-01-2006, 17:25
if you want to see some of my stuff there is a thread in p and t called Jormangunr's wolfguard bikes........go see

Jormangundr
31-01-2006, 17:31
well here are some various shots of our work areas, the parts for the wolfguard,a wip of one of the nators...plus some homework :D

Edit:had to remove shots as i am over my allowance ?! wtf ! so had to take some off here so i could post some new shots.

Jormangundr
31-01-2006, 18:45
also got some wip of me last two bikes

the last one was kinda inspired by lone wolves he has a devistator back pack and his hvy bolter is strapped to the back of the bike.

Jormangundr
02-02-2006, 21:54
Hi again quick update for you.....have been painting a biker the last couple o days hope to have him done by saturday lunchtime (fingers crossed) ..as i have set myself a deadline of sunday night for the completion of the squad..
might mean an all nighter saturday.:cries:

also el diablo has been most busy have a mid stage and a final green shot of the first wolfguard for ya........

be nice :angel:

t-tauri
03-02-2006, 00:21
Love that wolfguard. Nice greenstuffing especially the braids in his beard. There's a big mould line running down his lightning claw which needs filing.

FearFrost
03-02-2006, 01:25
Im more a fan of the blue-ish grey SW than straight gray, but you did a great job on these, and the conversions look really hot.

Cant wait to see em finished.

-B

Jormangundr
03-02-2006, 02:41
going to be a little while yet gonna get about 1.5 to two per week built (hopefully ) there are going to be nine...........

just for the record i loathe the cartoony blue wolves ;)

still will definitely keep this updated as we go...........should also have a piccy of the next finished rider by sat night yay!

anyway glad you like

J.

Mutantdale
03-02-2006, 21:12
So are you going to go pre heresy grey then...
Blue wolves are one of the reasons i didn't do them as I like the space wolves iconography (the other main reason is that they are loyalists and smashed up Prospero GRRRRR).

Oh yeah i found them Jormangundr, very nice green work.

Jormangundr
03-02-2006, 21:54
the siege of prospero is like the coolest fuff thing ever !

oh yeh and the wolves whupped ass :evilgrin:

and there'll be more of the same for the thousand sos and friends when my army is done

work started on the second wolfguard tonight :D

thunderwolf
04-02-2006, 02:54
Looks great so far, can't wait to see more! I didn't mind the blue wolves for ages, but then 13th company was released and all of a sudden there were proper grey wolves around- suddenly I realised what I'd been missing all these years. I've a load of SW stuff lying around from 4 or 5 years ago, mostly assembled in a rush and then a lack of time/motivation and intimidation by the sheer amount of unpainted stuff sitting there got to me and they've been abandoned to the cupboard ever since. If I ever get back into 40k, I hope I can make stuff much more similar to this.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on you, Jormangundr, no slacking, y'hear? ;)

Jormangundr
04-02-2006, 03:15
I have sinned :cries: I was supposed to stay home and finish another biker tonight............... the urge to go and 'bang out' was too much i fear...so is now three in the morning.and as penance i shall not sleep till he is finished and maybe if cabin fever sets in Ill do the grey on his bike :eek:

my night of sin was compounded by the fact that i dragged el diablo away from his green stuff so now the next wolfguard will be delayed grrrrr :mad:

I go now to self flagelate !

cheers for the support thunderwolf glad 'someone ' has finally taken an interest, what ? are wolves not cool anymore ?

soon.

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 00:47
Well here we are horribly behind deadline.........
have finished rider number five ,so here's some pictures oof him.

also work on termy number two started today he's gonna be cool (give you some pis of the green tomorrow :D

yeesh ! just looked at the pictures....sooo out of focus. apologies,I will go and try to get some decent ones.

Edit : here's a couple of decent ones (i hope ) enjoy !

thunderwolf
05-02-2006, 01:21
No way man, wolves rock- far cooler than any other marines!

I've a horrible confession to make: for a while now (ignoring the expense of collecting a full army, which maketh my plans moot anyway:( ) I've been tempted by the bike-riding sons of the Lion, but your models have reawakened my inner Space Wolf and shown me the error of my ways! I'm tempted to have a browse on Ebay for any bargainous bits and bobs I can find...(damn you! Look what you've done! Now I REALLY have to get a job! ;))

As to the biker: looking good- like the use of the devastator backpack; the big and bulky look makes it look a bit more old fashioned and primative. Not sure about the ammo feed though- will it be connected to the bike or something? If not, it might look better removing it. Overall though, things are looking great!

One other thing, and apologies if I've missed it: are you chaps planning an army converted to this standard? I hope so, at least!

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 01:52
yes the whole army is converted to this standard hehehe

erm the devvy pack is deliberate this guy has his heavy bolter strapped to the back of his bike........suprised you dont't recognise him (guess you havn't read lone wolves) was inspired to do the bikes having read this comic.....

glad you like

edit: thunderwolf, here's the promised sneak peek of my scouts proper pictures are to follow .

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 02:07
more scouts

thunderwolf
05-02-2006, 03:07
Well, don't I feel silly!:p Didn't occur to me that he actually had a heavy bolter.
Never read lone wolves, shall have a look out for it though, if you reckon it's a good read.

The scouts look great, especially the sniper (love the modified bolter) and the glow on the other guy's plasma gun is nice too. I like the general look of your scouts, how they're converted from marauders.

Anyway, keep up the hard work!

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 03:27
lone wolves is 'the' read for anyone who likes wolves, i got the hardback ..plus the softback for regular re-reading I love it !

I will be painting the bike for him tomorrow should br finished by the evening
bleeping models tke about ten hours per single fig.then about the same again for the bike ( 120 hrs for the whole squad ) can't wait to see the back of them...........bikes that is

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 12:41
After the little sin bin excursion on friday night, the second wolfguard is nearing completion. Should have some wip pics soon-ish, and the final conversion should be finished in the next 24 hours.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
05-02-2006, 23:56
well here's number two.fresh from the butcher...... enjoy !

MIGHTYPanhead
06-02-2006, 01:44
very nice, looking forward to the whole unit!

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 02:14
on its way will be a little while yet we'll post em as we build em then as I paint them ............ just so's you don't get bored .

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 02:33
Work on wolf guard 3 should be starting in the next 24/48 hours, so we should have some more wip's soon.

thunderwolf
06-02-2006, 02:43
Very nice- like the pose especially. Looks like he's actually going to do something, as opposed to standing there with his arms spread, as so many LC poses seem to be. Green stuffing is top notch, and I like the use of the Forgeworld stuff- might have to get some eventually. Is it awkward to work with?

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 03:38
nope just dandy.a little frail perhaps,just be gentle love it !

was a bit miffed coz they were so expensive then they did the guard upgrades wich got loads of cool stuff for the same price all you get is 5 bodies and some pads with this kit no blingy wolfy weps or anything (sniff)

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 18:54
well here we are , a day late and behind schedule :mad:
still here are some shots of biker number five finished and a group shot showing where the squad is now....................... :D

the second shot (sorta ) shows the heavy bolter strapped to the back

Also does anyone else find bikes rediculously time consuming.............I can't remember anything dragging so much !

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 19:37
y know the complete lack of feedback is getting a little depressing..........

no-use4a-name
06-02-2006, 19:52
Is it possible for you to post pictures of the models that have not been shown? So far, I really like what you've done. Even if it is a Space Wolf army....looks at avatar. :p

ZAChos
06-02-2006, 21:32
I think your models are absolutely stunning. The lack of feedback is probably due to the fact that people can't be bothered to post "good stuff, get it painted" ad nausiem.

I really can't give any criticism at all, except that i truly wish it were possible to field a full army of wolf guard, just so I could see your take on it.

Jormangundr
06-02-2006, 23:42
cheers fellas was starting to get a complex :cries:

erm posted a couple of things a while back on pnt i will dig up the links and post em later.......

I have one other painted squad which needs a fiddle b4 i photo it...was my first squad for the army and the basing didn't really work out..

was thinking about doing a lysander or deathwing rules army with proxy wolfguard.....hmmm that would be an insane amount of conversion,think i'll stick to nine for now. the bikes are either wg bikers or i use them as bloodclaw bikers and/or stormclaw bikers............

soon as I have done the bikes i'm onto a venny dred and a 'normal' dred (I shall spanketh the greenstuff)

thunderwolf
07-02-2006, 02:08
Looks good man, especially seeing the whole squad together. Saving these pics for inspiration- maybe after graduation I'll be able to afford to get back into 40k...

Can't wait to see what you can do with a venerable dread; are you basing it off the forgeworld dread or the regular one?

Oh, and it seems to be generally quiet in here; don't think it's anything personal!

Jormangundr
07-02-2006, 03:35
oh the dred is a suprise guess you will have to wait and see ;)

cant find the links for my old pics i'll do it later. got some shots of my grey hunters who still need some fixy fixy. but here ya go

work on the third termy has begun ( he has a very special assault cannon ) :evilgrin:

Jormangundr
07-02-2006, 03:36
and more !

Btw : satin varnish is EVIL ! and made these models look poopy (sulk) still got to change the pad rims to metal then i think they will be ready.

MIGHTYPanhead
07-02-2006, 04:39
The lack of feedback is probably due to the fact that people can't be bothered to post "good stuff, get it painted" .

over and over;) which is true, a thread with some well thought out responses is better than a 15-page monster filled with "good job, keep at it!:)" from the same 10 people ;)

that said, I really like the satin varnish, the models don't look very "poopy" to me...

also, do they have metal greaves/armour? if so, very cool stuff. if not, i'm slowly going blind.... :eek:

FearFrost
07-02-2006, 06:00
I think everything you have done so far is pretty damned good.

I especially love your wolf scout conversions, I think those are probably my favorites.

Id love to see a group shot if you could get the models together with a decent camera :)

-Brian

Jormangundr
07-02-2006, 06:03
no these were the first of my wolves...subsequently have switched to using metal plates in certain places..looks much better ( its part of the fixing process they are going to get also need to swap the combi melta for an lc cos its a rubbish combo.

will be doing a second squad of scouts at some point you will be happy to hear

Jormangundr
08-02-2006, 02:46
ok new stuff :D got sick of the bikers ..so i took a small break to sort out the grey hunters all pimped now complete with source lit plas pistols and a custom right handed power armour lightning claw.

wip of wolfguard number 3 (enjoy) I love him to bits !

Don't worry i havn't completely abandoned the last biker ,I spent a few hours painting him grey today so by the end of tomorrow he should be done ! then i'll start on his bike .

FearFrost
08-02-2006, 03:12
Damn, man. Thats pretty sweet.

Jormangundr
08-02-2006, 03:17
cheers pal appreciate the input ......... I am positively foaming at the mouth to paint him he still needs to be finished.final pics of him tomorrow !

thunderwolf
09-02-2006, 02:44
Hey again, looking good so far, can't wait to see these termies painted up! Love the pose on the assault cannon guy, and as usual the greenstuffing is tanfastic!

El-Diablo
09-02-2006, 03:20
Howdy Thunderwolf, cheers for the feedback. The green stuffing is probably the easiest part of the figures to do, the real pain in the ass is getting Jormangundr to decide on what he wants done to them!

Due to me needing a couple of days off from the wolf sculpting, the next wolf guard wont be started until saturday. He's gonna be another assault cannon based on a piece of art which im gonna let you wait and see to guess the art.

Final conversion pics should be up within an hour of me writing this post, and wip's of the next one should be up sunday or monday.

El Diablo:skull:

Jormangundr
09-02-2006, 03:43
ok finally.no biker as promised got sucked into 'pimping' my pack leader for my grey hunters.......done a custom set of claws for him.........whaadya think ??

also final greens of wg'd numero three............. :D

Jormangundr
09-02-2006, 03:44
and the termy

Jansen
09-02-2006, 07:48
Nice!

What are those claws made out? Plasticcard?

Jormangundr
09-02-2006, 14:34
erm no I was too lazy to completely start from scratch with these as it was just sposed to be a quick fix.... if you look further back in the thread the same guy has a combi bolter.....anyway i used six marine knives and carved them to shape, the left claw is a space wolves powerfist with most of the fingers cut off, leaving about a mil (don't cut off the thumb or little finger )
then pin and ply the claws in. second fist is just cortez's right arm including shoulderpad razorsawed off .I cut all the fingers off, then carefully removed the pinky and thumb from another sw powerfist and glued them onto the fist ,then just had to pin and greenstuff the claws in.......

thunderwolf
09-02-2006, 15:55
Nice work on the claws, much better than the combi-bolter! The wolf guard is looking good- can just picture him letting rip on a charging horde of orks!

El Diablo, it's not the termie from the codex getting mobbed by the nids? Regardless, looking forward to seeing it!

Jormangundr
09-02-2006, 17:35
basicly the 'mystery wolf' is gonna have some licence used so don't just think guys with assault cannons maybe he has a storm bolter in the picture ? ..............maybe

here's a subtle hint for ya ! (see picture )

yuk! satin varnish and poop camera = not very flattering picture of a nice model grrrr!

village idiot
09-02-2006, 20:14
could this army be any cooler? I love all these conversions, really makes this army one of a kind.

Jormangundr
09-02-2006, 20:46
seriously cheers, It's just fantastic to get such a great response...a real mojo booster, after days of having very few people comment,it is a real pleasure
just makes me wanna pick up my brush right now...............s*d it i will !

Jormangundr
10-02-2006, 01:49
well i'm back from throwing paint at models and finally the fith wolfguard rider is dun !

here you go !

again apologies for the rubbish pictures but at some point i'll get some decent ones done and post em
can't afford my own digi cam at the moment (do you know how expensive this army is !!

DV8
10-02-2006, 04:16
While I am not a fan of the stark highlights, I must say the consistency with which you've carried out the technique across the entire army is stunning. I love your conversions, and how you've painted the yellows and the flesh tones is absolutely gorgeous. Yet again more proof that Space Wolves are the best chapter around! :D Can't wait to start on my Wolfwing now...

Keep it up!

DV8

thunderwolf
10-02-2006, 08:24
Gorgeous as usual; gotta see about getting me a box of marauders from ebay...

Jormangundr
10-02-2006, 14:25
cheers fellas.......... I dont normally go for such harsh highlights.....just something i was playing aroud with on the wolves ......... I decided that i liked it as i feel it adds to the feral character of the models !
glad you like

random question Which is your favorite scout ? ( we ask everyone this and no-one seems to be able to agree on the same one ) so I thought i'd ask you lot....just for a giggle !

Final edit : Yes join me brothers ! for Russ! for the wolftime ! ( howls )

DV8
10-02-2006, 14:54
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5474&d=1139105125

My fav for the running forward pose while pumping shots and yelling wildly like a madman. :D

DV8

Jormangundr
10-02-2006, 15:04
yeh ! he's a repeat offender I think my fave has to be the guy with the knives ;)

thunderwolf
10-02-2006, 15:37
Hmm, probably a toss up between the sniper and the plasma guy, but it's really rather hard to choose between them all!

Jormangundr
10-02-2006, 15:46
which plasma guy ? the sgt or the long haired one ?

while i'm here some piccies i forgot to add the other day !

tried these shots in daylight to see if they come out any better (fingers crossed )

firestorm40k
10-02-2006, 18:54
That bow & spear guy - WOW! What a cool and original idea, I love it!

Morbid Dreams
10-02-2006, 19:21
God Jessus Man !!!!!:eek: :eek:

How do you doi the furs and beards using greenstuff??
Please tell us:)

El-Diablo
10-02-2006, 20:10
The beards and hair are just a sharp knife and patience. I'll do a walk through on each if anyone's interested?

El Diablo

TiltinTim
10-02-2006, 20:14
*Raises Hand* I am interested!!!

skiff
10-02-2006, 20:23
I agree to Tim. :)

Jormangundr
10-02-2006, 20:38
we will do a walk thru as we do wg number 4 so that should be starting tomorrow night.......

currently facing motivational issues with the last bike guess i'll have to go pick up me brush soon (sigh )

thunderwolf
11-02-2006, 04:32
Well I did mean this one (http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5480&d=1139105213), but it's quite possibly been overshadowed by the guy with the bow- great, original idea, and fantastic execution. Would love to see the walk-through as well, though it'll no doubt be a good while before I get any use out of it.

Anyway, keep up the good work; I await the next pictures with bated breath!

Jormangundr
11-02-2006, 06:03
hav been bad and willfull today (I only sprayed the last bike ) slap on wrist
should have something done by the end of tomorrow

torrensekgg
11-02-2006, 06:59
Jorman and Diablo,
You guys are just what the dr. ordered. I have a Wolf army and got it when I was at GW and put it away until I got over the GW experience, but I am going to pull it out and start on it. Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work!!!
T

VtrAxx
11-02-2006, 07:03
I second on thunderwolf's request for a tutorial on the the guy with the bow, a walk-through on building on would be GREAT!

Awesome stuff, I'll have to follow on this log more often now. ^_^

Vtraxx Out

Jormangundr
11-02-2006, 15:43
Ah I am just thankfull we have stopped your wolves going wasted, unloved and abandoned in your cupboard.

sadly we dont have the parts to do a walkthrough on the guy with a bow,so we are going to walkthrough the next wolfguard !

as for the guy with a bow i will try to sort out a document or something that we can e-mail people who wanna have a go at building it.

Jormangundr
13-02-2006, 02:24
Finally finished the last bike today ! you have no idea how good it feels knowing i will never have to paint a bike again..............

SQUAD FINISHED ! :D

so here's some piccies.

wolfguard number 4 is well underway and we have quite a few walkthrough pictures for you guys .thes shold be up tomorrow or more likely the day after.

enjoy !

Deadleyheadley
13-02-2006, 02:26
There out of this world mate ,what you painting next ?

Jormangundr
13-02-2006, 02:51
Thankee

next up is three blood claws to turn my 15 man squad into two 9 man sqads

gotta do all the flipping basing (uh!)

i will then be converting another squad of grey hunters while el diablo cracks on with the wolfguard.

so after the bloodclaws i will get on with painting the termies. (depends if i take a quick break to sort out my mordheim warband....hmmmm decisions decisions.

village idiot
13-02-2006, 12:02
Those look absolutely incredible, I've said it before and i'll say it again, this army is amazing! particularly like the guy in the middle with the flowing hair, his pose is really cool.

Well done mate, keep up the hard work.

thunderwolf
13-02-2006, 12:36
Looking good man, great to see the squad together. Keep up the hard work- excited at the thought of all the kick-ass wolves coming up!

Jormangundr
14-02-2006, 00:39
Well as promised wg'd number 4 is pretty much finished ( bar some minor detailing ) will put the finished green up tomorrow night.

I started on a wolfguard sgt today ,may have pic's up later
the promised walkthrough is kinda in the works so maybe we will have that up soon ,need more pictures as we kept forgetting to take them do'h !

anyways hope you like him ,maybe you will even be able to work out which piece of art inspired him !......maybe :angel:

deus ex mortis
14-02-2006, 01:35
That chainsword is aswsome!

Jormangundr
14-02-2006, 02:22
isn't it just ! another product of my twisted mind (it's actually repping a mastercrafted chainfist ), poor ol Diablo did not enjoy it's creation.

Recepie - 2 ork chainsword thingies ,ork knife d-guard ,wolf head from metal sw backpack (its smaller than the plastic one ) lots of scraping cursing,artistic tantrums ,a big pin and some green stuff...

I am suprised no one has commented on the stretched asscannons yet ! (they are a good 6 to ten mil longer than a normal one !) DAKKA DAKKA !

thunderwolf
14-02-2006, 02:25
Looking at it now, and I was right (albeit on my umpteenth guess, as you know!)

Great looking model, the chainsword, as has been mentioned, is rather kickass, and a lot like your inspiration. Does it count as a chainfist?

Looking forward to seeing the Termies painted to the same standard as the bikes!

Jormangundr
14-02-2006, 02:55
I would hope so..I mean look at the puny chain blades on the current chain fist ! (just a power fist with two thirds of a chainsword stuck to the bottom.. the second ed ones were kickass just sadly too small now.

I did this because I am not a big fan of the current chainfists ,the same blade is going on my wolf lords 'actual' chainfist

just had a look at the second ed one i think it may actually get used ! ,just with a blade swap (see above) an some bling, will most likely chop it off below the elbow and give it a new arm.... it has a joystick and everything, :cool:

Yodhrin
14-02-2006, 12:49
You guys are total gits, I was supposed to be finishing my Machine Cult Preacher conversion today, now Im knee-deep in plastic scout and Marine bitz :p

Fantastic work, I cant wait to see more.

Jormangundr
14-02-2006, 13:51
Ahh another recruit ! more-wise should have pictures up later .

Jormangundr
16-02-2006, 00:24
Woo hoo ! another model down ,a wolfguard for my bloodclaws......
work has begun on termy 5 just for the record. (he's gonna be err....... interesting ) :D

Edit: sorry taking the photos off they are too awfull....will put new ones up in a minute

edit 2 : well here are some 'slightly' better shots apologies for my rubbishness

Jormangundr
16-02-2006, 01:52
better piccies are up !

thunderwolf
16-02-2006, 03:08
Nice- where's the head from? Like that this guy's obviously an old git assigned to keep the pups in line- looks like he takes no nonsense from either them or his enemies!

Jormangundr
16-02-2006, 03:39
head is one of the hairy heads plus a little greenstuff beard extension.
these picture relly look awful...he is much nicer in the err flesh/paint ?

El-Diablo
16-02-2006, 21:25
Quick update, work has now begun on wolfguard termie number 5. Gonna be something a bit nostalgic for 2nd ed wolf players.........

El Diablo

Jormangundr
19-02-2006, 05:29
yay ! one more claw down...one to go then all is right with the world :evilgrin:

building my dark elf mordy gang next week :evilgrin: and building a new squad of grey hunters.Then i guess i will have to start painting termies.(the horror, the horror )

old guard
19-02-2006, 09:31
Just gone through the entire post in one hit. What can I say? all that work is just so impressive wolves have not really been my thing (though my son in yet another flare up of new shiny army syndrome, did fall for the 13th company trap and I got involved and quite enjoyed it) but those are just great.
Will keep my eye open for updates.

FearFrost
19-02-2006, 18:13
Man, your conversions are ill.

Nice.

Brian

El-Diablo
19-02-2006, 21:32
ill? who's sick?

sorry, english sarcasm!

Should have some pics up of wolf guard 5 2moz, lots of fun converting this one. Im gonna kill Jormangundr by the end of this squad.

El Diablo

AventineCrusader
20-02-2006, 06:50
I really like the last BC, totally fits my mental image of a Blood Claw. I have to say these are the best SW I have ever seen, cheers...:D

Crusader

Jormangundr
20-02-2006, 15:44
Thanks ! I'll tell you something ,this army is really taxing my patience....just the sheer amount of time/ rffort is killing me off.
I really want to do another army ,but I have sworn to finish em, I guess there's not much left to go (sigh)

oh yeah sorry about the rubbish pictures of the claw,I will re-do them when we finally get some sunlight........

Jormangundr
21-02-2006, 03:25
Just stuck some piccies of my other mini project on p&t general, Just thought i'd mention it so you didn't think i was being idle ;)

will also have pictures of my final blood claw tomorrow night ,and maybe some wip's of wolfguard no 5.

see you soon !

Jormangundr
24-02-2006, 04:53
Oh thank god! just finished the last blood claw.........ever !
sorry about the lack of updates but i have been trying to wedge in my mordheim warband....... pictures of wolfguard number five should land in the next couple of days, this one is taking ages and ages,but like I said, soon :evilgrin:

thunderwolf
24-02-2006, 11:04
I do like the use of marauder parts in your claws, and that cut-down flamer suits them perfectly!

Any chance of a shot of the entire pack?

stonedrose
24-02-2006, 11:53
Hi,
Just wondering where the head in the last conversion came from, I've seen it used in a lot of conversions and want to use it on some of my iron hands.

El-Diablo
24-02-2006, 12:45
The head on the last blood claw is a plastic one from the black templars upgrade sprue. Work is nearly finished on terminator 5, will have some wip pics soon.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
24-02-2006, 17:45
I have two packs so I will try and get some shots up I guess

Jormangundr
25-02-2006, 16:32
Right..Finally wolfguard number 5 is done. Well worth the wait i think you will agree ...enjoy! :D

there's two more pre heresy ones on the way !!

ZAChos
25-02-2006, 21:25
Glad to see you haven't let the rules get in the way of making an awesome model.

And I mean awesome.

thunderwolf
25-02-2006, 22:39
Very nice, you guys have outdone yourselves! What's the plan for using him in-game?

El-Diablo
26-02-2006, 00:16
Its either gonna be used as a cyclone and a very large storm bolter or an assault cannon and a very large scanner array...........

Nothing quite like 2nd ed....

Next up is a second pre heresey, hopefully it won't take as long as this one did.

El Diablo

Thousandth Son
28-02-2006, 04:45
:cool: Well, I have been following this project for a bit, and I am seriously floored by the quality of both the painting and conversions, but even more impressive is the fact that it carries through the whole army. Keep it up.

Jormangundr
01-03-2006, 06:39
thanks for keeping an eye..preciate it ....... Ze creative powers are yet to be fully stretched... we are trying to push it further with each model...
I will be painting the termies soon as I have finished painting my mordheim warband (see p&t general )

Jormangundr
09-03-2006, 22:01
Right my short stay with the druchii has been a fun & refreshing break !!

So here 'finally' is wolfguard number six ........ it's a cracker !:evilgrin: (no not eminem)

his twin brother is getting started on monday.

these two count as thunderhammer and storm shield,the fluffy bit is that they are based on viking huscarls with dane axes ,so these guys do close protection for the wolflord.

I will begin the pain/agony/trauma/painting on monday :D so should have some pictures of the first painted termy weds/thurs

see ya then !

AventineCrusader
09-03-2006, 23:28
Whats that head from? Really nice, I think this guy is my favorite thus far. Can't wait to see some painted terminators.

Crusader:D

Jormangundr
09-03-2006, 23:34
ha ! the head is the result of far too many hours spent with my head in gw mail order books...It is actually the old dwarf ironbreaker standard head.

just in case anyone was wondering what i have been up to the last couple of weeks check out my mordy warband in p&t general (flagrant plug)

AventineCrusader
09-03-2006, 23:36
I knew it was something dwarf, I was going to guess ironbreaker, but the standard, never would've gotten it. Good job.

Crusader

thunderwolf
11-03-2006, 18:06
Good job as usual, can't wait to see this pack in its entirety

El-Diablo
11-03-2006, 19:46
Good job as usual, can't wait to see this pack in its entirety

Thats gonna take a while, i've still got another pre heresy dane axe to do, plus another two, shall I say, 'characterful' wolf guard left to do, then there's the wolf lord.

Thats gonna be a world of fun.:wtf:

Jormangundr should be starting the painting on monday, I may have to beat him with a large stick to get him started though.

El Diablo

Sigma
11-03-2006, 22:54
All of this Space Wolf stuff is amazing! Just utterly impressive work...I hate it when people say this type of thing, but feel the need to do so myself right now..."makes me wanna start collecting Space Wolves".

Jormangundr
16-03-2006, 02:08
Well as promised I started on monday ,and now wolfguard number one is pain....ted................ Me and Diablo have decided to go and get blind drunk when the squad is finally finished :evilgrin:

So how does the gaming public feel ?

The boyz
16-03-2006, 07:40
Your entire army is looking brilliant, I love the paint job. Some great looking conversions aswell. Good luck.

Jormangundr
23-03-2006, 03:31
Well it hasa been a while since we last posted but here's a bumper load of piccies of the latest stuff just finished..

first a few shots of another finished pre heresy chappy including a size comparison picture with samantha our lovely assistant............

what do ya rekkon ? :evilgrin:

Jormangundr
23-03-2006, 03:33
Sorry about multiposting but need to put more than 5 pictures up....
So for all you who have been looking forward to some painted ones check out painted wolfguard number two !
I shall be starting three asap .

Enjoy :D

Animerik
23-03-2006, 06:32
oh SWEET man I looove the pre heresy look (well yes I am a pre heresy fetich in some way ^^ )

I think youve captured the col wiking/wolf style wich is glorious and the painting is special in a good and uniqe way. This must be the best lightning claws ever well the best wolfs ever Ive seen so keep it up! wonderful stuff

vikingskibum
23-03-2006, 13:28
I really like the lightning claws, but I have one complaint. I think that the fur and the hair are a little close together in terms of color, and this causes them to kind of blend together which is not really a good thing. I would have either made the fur darker, or made the hair darker.

But all in all I really like them, and I may have to try converting up some pre-heresy wolves for my army.

Also were is the shield from on the most recent work in progress one from?

-Viking

Jormangundr
23-03-2006, 16:11
It is the dwarf king alarics shield. I spent about an hour with a buffer thingy cleaning of the dwarf stuff and the hand on the back of the shield..then you have to cleanly remove the hand and grip from a storm shield and stick it to the back .

the hair/fur thing looks fine in the flesh just the shots have altered the colours slightly.

viperidae99
27-03-2006, 05:56
I want wolf guard, they look wicked, jormangundr, El Diablo, please deliver!
*sung to the cat food tune*

Mart007
28-03-2006, 12:46
Wow, your stuff looks great, just looked through pages now. You've captured the essence of SW beautifully, really barbaric.:cool: I'm not usually a fan of harsh highlights but with these minis it just works, keep posting, cheers.

treebarkscum
28-03-2006, 22:30
Awesome work man, the SW's are looking really nice.

Did anyone notice the little sign thing in the background of a pic on the second page (or somewhere around there) that says "Wanna get laid? Crawl up in a chicken's ass and wait."? It made me laugh.:p

Well anyways, keep up the good work.:)

thunderwolf
14-04-2006, 20:39
Hey guys, just caught up with this thread. The wolves are continuing to look great; keep up the good work! Think my favourite is the guy with the axe and shield.

Jormangundr
21-04-2006, 21:51
guess you thought i'd given up on ya....to be honest my life has started to resemble a crap soap opera so I have had trouble getting to me brushes ....anyhoo here's the latest finished wolfguard for your viewing pleasure ..........

Mart007
21-04-2006, 22:16
Keep em coming. Really good your back Ill be watching for more

Do these project logs help you paint faster? I could do with a kick up the ****.http://www.warseer.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)

Inquis. Jaeger
21-04-2006, 22:56
Awesome guys. Just awesome.

panda
22-04-2006, 11:50
God. An ENTIRE army of conversions....too, too much! You guys have done an absolutely awesome job, but how did you do the sculpts on the termies greaves? Did you do a mould in GS?

Animerik
22-04-2006, 13:47
******* amasing ma. I love this thread and I always stop by for 5 times when updated ^^ I love it so much Im thinkin on going grey to. Very nice painting and converisions are top notch! keep the awsome work up

Evisss
22-04-2006, 17:27
Lovely coversions! Those wolf guard are amazing cant wait for some more to be ready. They are the best space wolfs i have ever seen honestly. Keep it up guys!!

El-Diablo
22-04-2006, 18:41
The icons on the greaves are indeed GS moulds, not all that hard to do and done right can look fantastic. Im glad everyone likes them. Next up on the painting block is the second assault cannon wielding wolf guard (the one carrying the huge chainsword) and at the moment im halfway through the first of the 2 battle leaders, with a very large set of claws......

El Diablo

Jormangundr
30-04-2006, 04:36
Well I was going to post the finished pictures of number four today...but I cant post any pictures as I am 'apparently over my limit' so I deleted a shed load of old attatchments on old threads ..and I am still over my (insert swearwords) limit WTF!? can someone help as this is a little frustrating !!

If anyone really wants to see the pictures drop me a pm and i'll e-mail them to you I guess.

Jormangundr
30-04-2006, 04:54
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/jormangundr/DSC00022.jpgwell hoprfully this one ll keep you going untill I can sort out my attatchments problem ;)

HiredSword.
30-04-2006, 12:20
yep, he's bad ass. got that kind of glazed look in his eye, like he might do something crazy...

Jormangundr
30-04-2006, 13:36
Right I think the problem with pictures is sorted so here goes :D

thunderwolf
30-04-2006, 19:26
He's looking great man, any chance of getting a shot of all you've done so far? I love the colour scheme, especially the red on the shoulderpad.

Good work, both of you!

Jormangundr
30-04-2006, 22:38
Glad you like I will post a squad shot soon............. starting on the first pre heresy jobby soon !

Aenarion
30-04-2006, 22:47
This just makes me want to start my SW project

Jormangundr
30-04-2006, 23:48
you should.lossa fun/pain

Animerik
01-05-2006, 14:02
nice as always and please keep it up this is one of those threads you hope never ends :P keep it up keep it up

Reign in Blood
01-05-2006, 16:15
mmmmmm...Chivas Regal!!
I don't know how I missed this. I just had a quick look through and this stuff is gold...and I don't like SW all that much. Great job..I will have to have a more in depth look at this thread when I am not so tired and when my computer will stop being such a b****.....stupid old piece of crap.

Jormangundr
01-05-2006, 21:56
Ok as promised a squad shot and a couple of shots with the assistance of one of Diablo's black legion(the lovely Deborah ) for size comparison........
enjoy !

noneedforaname
01-05-2006, 22:00
:wtf: deborah?

Jormangundr
01-05-2006, 22:43
yes Deborah, lovely isn't she :evilgrin:

noneedforaname
01-05-2006, 22:45
well im not going to be looking up "her" ceramite to check so i will take your word for it.

Jormangundr
01-05-2006, 22:55
I dunno sven and olaf seem pretty convinced but it haaas been a while (spacewolves uh!)

Jormangundr
09-05-2006, 00:44
Well here we are again...a bumper load for you this evening :evilgrin:

finished shots of wg number four...finished greens of wg number 8 (9 was started today he's a 'little' nod towards Ranulf,for those who remember) and a group shot of all the asscannons :chrome:

Jormangundr
09-05-2006, 00:47
And the rest !!

Kasrkin 666
09-05-2006, 01:04
Dude!That Pre-Herasy Terminator is KICK-ASS!:evilgrin: :cool: :eek:
-666:)

Jormangundr
09-05-2006, 01:06
three more on the way (eventually)

bigbauske
09-05-2006, 03:33
A wow! I m speachless.

emperorattack
09-05-2006, 05:04
VERY well done

panda
09-05-2006, 12:01
I really like what you did with the lightning claws....I don't like the new knuckle duster types.

Animerik
09-05-2006, 13:08
as always AWSOME, great work on poses lightning claws (wich looks ace) these blokes looks dead ard keep it up

||-MARKO-||
09-05-2006, 19:46
Well here we are again...a bumper load for you this evening :evilgrin:

finished shots of wg number four...finished greens of wg number 8 (9 was started today he's a 'little' nod towards Ranulf,for those who remember) and a group shot of all the asscannons :chrome:

ooh its like .. pre heresy with big guns! i like! where'd u find the shoulder parts?

*was supposed to also include picture. its the termie with cyclone missile launchers*

Unique1
09-05-2006, 19:52
I loe those minatures, they are just what I enisioned wolfguard to be, fersocious half wolf, half man clad in great suits of armour, layered with wolf pets. Your painting isn't half excellent too.

El-Diablo
09-05-2006, 21:17
The shoulder pads are made from plasticard heated and bent, with thinner plasticard for the banding. There's also green stuff on the joins. I love the fact that other people are trying to do pre-heresy terminators, but the whole marine/ork shoulder pad combo doesn't sit too well with me.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
14-05-2006, 22:06
Well as promised,another pre heresy treat...........thunderhammer and storm shield anyone ? our little homage to ranulf might possibly perhaps maybe turned into a giant pre-heresy wolf priest will keep ya posted with shots of the greens at some point........

My girlfriend of seven years pulled the plug on us a couple o days ago so as i currently feel like someone is doing a number on my guts with a chisel, I don't really know what progress is going to be like for a while............

Animerik
14-05-2006, 23:07
as usual great job (thumbs up!) nice and nordic feel, feral and very very space wolfy (well anywawy the way I like em ;) ) keep the wonderus work up!

bigbauske
15-05-2006, 03:17
I must say that your work is wonderfull.

panda
15-05-2006, 06:36
Great work as ever, absolutely inspired! On a personal note....chin up, mate. Sorry to hear of your loss, but the minis will always be there!

Jormangundr
15-05-2006, 19:21
Here's a greeny sneek peek for you :cool:

ExquisiteEvil
15-05-2006, 19:29
Here's a greeny sneek peek for you :cool:

Wow! PLEASE keep him as Ranulf! He is too huge to be *just* a Wolfpriest:D

Love the overall work so far - sorry to hear about your personal 'hurt' but please find the strength to finish the project - as it is truely wonderful!

Animerik
15-05-2006, 20:20
WHatt more pics? mm looking very promesing!! will bee great when detaild so go do it ;)

keep it up!

KayvaanShrike
15-05-2006, 21:50
Right finally reached the end of the thread as it stands!!! I can't really talk since my jaw is on the floor and has been for some time now. You make me want to run home an finish my SW army, not sure what made me stop painting them, could be all the grey, I paint mine proper grey as well, looks better. Think I may have to invest in more Termies and the FW WG kit and make me some to acompany mr Grimnar. I love those pre-heresy termies, they look a bit like Dreadnoughts!!! (In a good way)

El-Diablo
16-05-2006, 03:20
Wow! PLEASE keep him as Ranulf! He is too huge to be *just* a Wolfpriest

Ranulf may end up being an entirly seperate project all-together.

If you can find the pic of the wolf priest under the entry in the current book, imagine that, but true-scale and pre-heresy.

Work continues as soon as the hangover decides to go. Gotta help your buddies out ya know?....

El Diablo

El-Diablo
16-05-2006, 03:23
Its all well and good helping your buddies out but hangovers and an empty wallet are painfull.

El Diablo

Rabid Bunny 666
16-05-2006, 08:28
i'll drink to that!

and i do remember you Steve :)

some consistently uber Wolfguard there, that one with the Shield just crept up overnight

thunderwolf
16-05-2006, 09:12
Hey. just caught up with the thread- the new guys are great, especially the pre-heresy dude with the axe and shield-I love the how the shield colours contrast with the rest of the mini.

Keep up the good work, guys! Jormagundr, hope you're coping ok.

Jormangundr
16-05-2006, 10:55
Hey twolf good to have you back dude ! sbeen a little while eh ?
that shield was hell to paint (uh should practise freehand more )

as for my personal issues I have found the abuse of booze helps.

@ bunny ,could it be jack ??

Rabid Bunny 666
16-05-2006, 11:05
it is indeed

KayvaanShrike
16-05-2006, 14:25
Glad to hear you've found a way to help with your personal issue, sorry to hear about that.

I love the poses of these guys, alot of 40k stuff looks static, I can actually imagine coming up against one of these (if they were real) and being very scared of it!!! And thats a good thing to have in a mini I feel. Well done and keep going, be nice to see some vehicles as well, see what you could do to them!!!

Jormangundr
16-05-2006, 14:48
yeah i'm sorry too.

Part of the mission statement for these guys was getting the poses right we call it 'moment in time' posing part of trying to breathe real life/character into the models,If I have done my job right and diablo has realised them in mini form everyone should have a different 'favorite'
thanks for the constructive feedback.
have a fave yet ?

oh and a venny dred is in the pipeline plus anuuver one.

KayvaanShrike
18-05-2006, 15:33
Jormangundr, is it one of your WG termies that has the lightning effect on its powerfist? I saw it somewhere, possibly on your model, and was going to try it out on one of my termies, but cant find it, so I could be wrong in thinking it was on your model.

El-Diablo
21-05-2006, 22:22
Quick update for everyone, the true-scale, pre-heresy terminator wolf priest (try saying that 5 times fast!) is coming along nicely, hes having some shoulders built tonight, then as from tomorrow the fur begins.

Hopefully we should have the finished convertion pictures up on wednesday.

If me and Jormangundr dont go out and get wasted again.

El Diablo

thunderwolf
22-05-2006, 15:54
Hey Jormagundr, El Diablo, your work, as always, is very impressive. Not sure what one's my favourite though, it seems to change with each newly finished Wolf! If I had to pick though, it'd be the biker with the 2-bitted axe, I think.

Can't wait to see what you can do with a dreadnaught!

Jormangundr
22-05-2006, 16:10
soon soon my pet ! seriously only got one and a half actual wolfguard to actually paint ,then the wolfpriest and finally the wolflord ! so not much left really. Then I am going to take a week off .

Animerik
22-05-2006, 17:49
Arghh ye old lads made me start Wolfs to :) must say its a superb army youve built great stuff absolutly perfect (IMO) cant find any flaw. I read the eniter thread and Im still amazed so why dont ou two finish the whole army wit ha display board? come on these wolfys sure desirve it. Well anyways thanks for the great insipration and wonderful stuff

El-Diablo
22-05-2006, 18:15
The Wolf Guard will definatly be getting a display base, not sure about the entire army though.

Tonight work continues on the shoulder pads, then he may get some bling.

El Diablo

KayvaanShrike
24-05-2006, 15:53
Hey guys, was just wondering how things are coming along, I was looking forward to seeing the rest of your army!

El-Diablo
29-05-2006, 13:47
Things are coming along well, but we've hit a bit of a wall. We've lost our internet access! Im currently sat in a coffee bar with Jormangundr typing this, so until we get access back at home there wont be any pictures!

But the wolf priest is done, and work starts in a day or so in the last mini, but we wont be revealing that for a while.

For the Wolftime.....

El Diablo

KayvaanShrike
29-05-2006, 19:28
Ahh that explains things I guess lol, hope things get sorted soon.

I see that on your powerfists of your Grey Hunters an the like you paint on lightning effects in blues, could you give me a short tutorial of how you do this, since it looks great, and was wanting to do it on my powerfists. Many thanks.

Arch Magos Metolli
31-05-2006, 19:02
Well done J and Diablo, but i imagine by the end of the project you two will be nutters.:D Still they are worth it. One question though, What weapon(s) is the wolf priest wielding?

Jormangundr
31-05-2006, 23:49
He has a crozius and an mc powerfist hehehe plus two wolves
I'm already nuts cant stand the sight of grey anymore ................nearly there.

Scorpio
01-06-2006, 00:56
I just looked through your entire thread....My jaw is sore from hitting the floor everytime I looked at one of your pics.;)
Those are really really good.

-Scorpio

VtrAxx
01-06-2006, 01:44
Oh lordy...My eyes..they burn...too...beautiful!!

An army painted to that standard. Man I give you 2 big thumbs up Jorm.

MORE I WANT MORE!

Vtraxx Out

Morgrad
07-06-2006, 02:06
Unreal. I just saw this for the first time, and am now ashamed to have played blue-grey wolves back in 2nd edition.

Phenominal work - and I still want to see your class on green-stuffing!

The Judge
09-06-2006, 20:08
They are wicked. Pre-heresy kicks ass.

Jormangundr
14-06-2006, 13:43
ok guys update ...We will be back online friday morning with a bit of luck...so some new greens and another painted wolfguard(hopefully) will be up for your perusal.

Again cheers for for all the positive feedback,I don't think we would actaually have made it this far without you guys......... Thanks.

KayvaanShrike
14-06-2006, 15:57
Good to see you guys haven't forgotten about us here lol. Looking forward to those updates. Your work is trully awesome btw, and your Wolves make mine look well pretty petty actually lol.

El-Diablo
18-06-2006, 16:35
Work has now begun on the last of the squad, the Wolf Lord! This one's gonna be a lot of fun, as i've got a damn sight more freedom with the converting, due the the parts im using. Size-wise, its gonna be aboout the same height as the wolf priest. If I can bug Jormangundr enough we should have some pictures of the finished wolf priest up tonight.

El Diablo

KayvaanShrike
18-06-2006, 21:32
Looking forward to this Wolf Priest now guys!!

Jormangundr
20-06-2006, 03:29
Ta da ! the much vaunted wolf priest..... he really is bloody huge ! its quite hard to see all the detail mind............I'll post sum more tomorrow including some size comparison shots with the lovely Deborah !!
hope for better photees

ps. It appears my creative spark has been ripped out along with my heart so things are going very slowly on the painting side....sorry might have the wg'd i started 2 months ago by the end of the week.... no promises.

Scorpio
20-06-2006, 03:30
The wolf priest looks aweosme man!

-Scorpio

Mato Noupa
20-06-2006, 10:57
sick!

THIS is just awesome guys. *drool*

Lovely how you caught the viking feel with the round shield on the termie for example. A great looking army with lots of atmosphere on the single minis.

Keep up work like this and I'll never make it into the top painted at the GT. :mad: :D

Regards,
Mato Noupa

CMDante
20-06-2006, 13:32
Just read through this whole blog from start to finish and I must say these are easily the best space wolves I have seen. The conversions are wonderful and have me itching to try a few things of my own. My favourite has to be the bearded assault cannon weilding termie with chainsword (fist), simply stunning!

My only criticism is of the painting on the legs, the highlights look odd to me, I'm not really a fan of how there appears to be so much of the shade colour left in the middle of the armoured area and the highlights just around the edges. Other than that they look good though.

Keep up the good work lads.

Jormangundr
20-06-2006, 23:54
The harsh highlights are just something I am playing with on the wolves....It's something I think really helps add character to these models..I have been painting in a 'standard' fashion for years so I thought i'd try something different to push my skill up . Now as promised a size comp shot (deborah was unavailable so Naomi has stepped in for this shoot ) :evilgrin:

J.

Scorpio
21-06-2006, 03:02
Crap hes big but man hes awesome!

-Scorpio

thunderwolf
21-06-2006, 16:57
That's one very kick-ass (and very tall) Wolf Priest, can't wait to see it finished. Any chance of seeing how he looks with the rest of the termies? No particular rush though- I can wait til it's finished.

Once again, a great job from you lads, keep it up!

Evisss
21-06-2006, 19:17
That is one wicked wolf lord!!!!
Amazing qork from you guys cant wait to see this painted!

Mortare
21-06-2006, 20:35
Any chance of a photo with the hole gang together? Maybe with debs there for comparison?

Endemion
21-06-2006, 22:51
OMG he's huge. Can't wait to see this guy with some paint on him

Arch Magos Metolli
27-06-2006, 17:20
:eek: :eek: Oh My ******* God *loud thud* ok lets try again.:eek: :eek: OMG tht is ******* HUUUUUGE!!!!!!! i want to see him painted, o ye jus a gess but will he take about 25-30hours?

Jormangundr
27-06-2006, 22:44
Hey Leman
Erm not sure the normal ones take about 10 to 12 ish hours he may take 15 or so . progress on the one I'm painting at the moment is going painfully slowly having real trouble motivating.

KayvaanShrike
27-06-2006, 22:51
Give yourself a reward at the end or something, and give it to someone else so you can't get it, until the model is done?

Jormangundr
28-06-2006, 15:16
oh we have a stupid 'end of project ' party planned, comedy viking hats ,cigars and a bottle or three of mead.................will post pictures for your amusement :evilgrin:

KayvaanShrike
28-06-2006, 16:16
Oo looking forward to those pics lol

So get on with the stuff in the mean time, for I want pics of what your minds are creating and also that party!!

The Judge
30-06-2006, 20:06
Oh these pics should be sweeeeet. That dude is mahussive.

Jormangundr
02-07-2006, 21:37
Well... one model closer to viking hats and cigars. hope everyone likes this one. Been fighting some pretty heavy depression to get this one out, and project wolfguard moving again.
hopefully have another for you all by friday.hmmmm ............... maybe sunday

Deadleyheadley
02-07-2006, 21:51
Looks a cool as the other wolfguard :) keep up the good work

thunderwolf
03-07-2006, 02:52
Great as usual, mate; think I prefer him to the helmetless dude, in terms of overall posing and general appearance (not that there's anything wrong with the other one, of course; this one just looks better to me.)

KayvaanShrike
03-07-2006, 17:37
Wow, very very nice there. Keep up the good work!!

Jormangundr
03-07-2006, 18:00
so..... do we think it's worth a stab at deamon then ?

Arcane_Blade
03-07-2006, 19:13
Definately, especially in a finished squad. Keep up the excellent work!
Cheers,
Dan :skull:

Rabid Bunny 666
03-07-2006, 21:14
Worth a stab at the Daemon? Might as well lop it's bloody head off!

That rune Priest is mighty funky BTW, sny more work to be done sculpting wise?

El-Diablo
03-07-2006, 22:14
The last of the terminators, which also happens to be the wolf lord is being worked on now. Should have something to show in the next few days.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
17-07-2006, 23:27
Greetings again friends working on painting the last wolfguard at the mo then it's onto the doggies and the characters (wolfpriest and lord)
here's some piccies of the squad as it stands.i have a vauge recollection of someone requesting a group shot........... enjoy !

Scorpio
18-07-2006, 00:31
Very Very nice. Looking great. Is that a drained bottle in the background?:eyebrows:

-Scorpio

Jormangundr
18-07-2006, 06:51
Err ...maybe, it's from a little while ago.

AventineCrusader
18-07-2006, 09:28
Very excellent, great to get that group shot. Can't wait to see it with characters. I'm sure its been asked, but have you figured out how you're going to count that dual heavy weapon guy game-wise?
Awesome work, by which I mean awe-inspiring...:D

Crusader

El-Diablo
18-07-2006, 09:57
The pre-heresy dual heavy weapon will be used as an assault cannon and a really big scanner array or a cyclone and a really big storm bolter.

El Diablo

Animerik
19-07-2006, 07:14
Yay updates I´ve been longing for this one :)

The squad looks ace and really impressiv. The preheresy look mixed with the newer is really Space wolfish IMO

keep up the amazing work and pposte more pics XD

Bra'tac
19-07-2006, 10:53
what did you use for the combatshield?
i like the looks of it.
i'm building a ogre viking army and still havent found a good shield to use.
and the one you have looks perfect for my ogres

El-Diablo
19-07-2006, 11:01
The shield is from the dwarf lord with shield bearers (can't remember his name) with the front detail removed and a new shield boss from green stuff.

KayvaanShrike
19-07-2006, 22:27
Very very nice. Whats coming up next?? Have you made the Wolflord yet?

Jormangundr
24-07-2006, 17:44
wolflord is on the block pretty much a I type should have anuvver painted model by friday......it's in process.

KayvaanShrike
24-07-2006, 21:54
Cool, looking forward to the update.

unwanted
24-07-2006, 22:09
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just read through all 23 pages in one sitting, and I can honestly say that this is the most impressive SM army I've ever seen!

I'm in love with SW again thanks to you gits!

This is so unfathomably amazing, I think I'll wet myself with excitement if the Wolf Lord doesn't swing around soon!

El-Diablo
25-07-2006, 00:32
start wetting my friend, i've just started the chain fist and its gonna be huge.....

El Diablo

The Judge
25-07-2006, 11:48
Phwoarrrr

Very nice indeed.

Arcane_Blade
01-08-2006, 14:54
We need updates! Please!

KayvaanShrike
02-08-2006, 19:34
I agree, updates be needed please!!

El-Diablo
02-08-2006, 20:37
There should be another painted one (the huge claws) in the next 24/48 hours or so. The wolf lord is taking a bit longer than expected, but should be done within a week or so. But don't quote me on that.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
11-08-2006, 14:53
Can't believe how rubbish we are being this week..................
trying to drink my ex away............... anyhow rest assured chappy wiv claws is so nearly finished it physically hurts..... and we are now seeing some class progress on the wolflord . may drop you sneaky peek wip on monday,depending on what diablo has dun to him ............... I'm off to don my chainmail and weild a bottle of mead for the weekend ........ bye

Zealot
11-08-2006, 21:11
I was worried that this project had just suddenly up and died... and the thought almost made me cry. This is one of the most rediculously unique and interesting projects I have ever seen, and I am glad that the delay is nothing more than just that: a delay. Can't wait to see some more progress!

thunderwolf
14-08-2006, 09:23
Was starting to think you'd forgotten about us! Glad to hear things are still on the go, though, and looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us!

The Judge
14-08-2006, 10:24
I await the Wolflord... this is gonna be sweet

KayvaanShrike
14-08-2006, 19:42
Yeh can't wait for updates, everyone is clamouring for them!!!

El-Diablo
15-08-2006, 10:02
After another weekend of excess and mucho back pain, normal service will resume tonight.

El Diablo

Jormangundr
18-08-2006, 19:13
i return and with me comes pictures (gasp !) hope it 's been worth the wait guys.
And thanks for the continuing support it.this project would have fallen flat on it's face months ago without all the positive input :)

thanks

J & D

ghostmaker12
18-08-2006, 19:17
..... im speachless all your models are amazing.

Lord Gordonis
18-08-2006, 20:38
Thats soo freaking wicked models you got there!!

Jormangundr
18-08-2006, 20:58
thanks....there IS more than one

Steeple_jackuk
18-08-2006, 23:07
Oh Wow,

I've never been that interested in this particular force but hey you're changing all that now. Love the paint job and the pose just makes the whole thing come alive.

Sj.

Zealot
19-08-2006, 14:54
*silence, except for a barely audible muffled crying sound in the background as Zealot looks at his own pitiful armies*

thunderwolf
22-08-2006, 10:22
Yet again I've a new favourite miniature from your force. Those are what lightning claws should look like!

Anyway, I just want to thank you guys for taking the time to share your work with us. I hope that you get many hours of enjoyment out of these models, and that maybe every now and then you get inspired to add another terminator here or scout there.

Cheers!

Animerik
22-08-2006, 10:56
Fnatastic! well as that where something new about your army :P I love the paintjob ant the LCs are great! Well nothing to critisise exept the hiar wich I find a bit strangely sculpted but It´s your style so I´ll just shut my trap and enjoy those wonderful minis .

keep it up mates

DarkstarSabre
22-08-2006, 12:06
Sweet mother.....

I love that three clawed Lightning Claw. Just makes the whole hand-gauntlet claw thing work so much better if there's less claws. Very nice. Rather love the running forward pose as well.

And egads, El- Diablo has me sigged.

Scorpio
22-08-2006, 18:30
OH MY ************ GOD

All of your models are amazing. I just dont know what to say anymore. Nothing in life can compare to this...

-Scorpio

Zealot
22-08-2006, 22:17
I think everyone is amazed because this is exactly what a Space Wolf army should look like: big, mean, feral, and *******' bad@ss! The GW miniatures themselves are okay, but the figures you two have modeled has given them new life. Now I look at the standard Space Wolves and think, "These guys are sissies compared to Project: WolfGuard."

El-Diablo
23-08-2006, 10:12
Unfortunatly due to some personal problems (similar to Jormangundr's a while back, but in process of fixing) progress on the wolf lord is going very slowly. I will however be attacking the desk when I get home from work so if J stops beating me we might have a WIP for you later.

@DarkStarSabre- Coudn't not sig that, made me cry laughing.

El Diablo