PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Says I love you more......

Skitter-Squeek
31-01-2006, 09:22
Then an Opponent shooting his hellblaster, misfiring then rolling a 6 on the misfire table, and that misfire was his first shot.

:cries:

Nuff said tonight the skaven got massacred

ps if your not familiar with the helblaster's misfire on a 6 roll it just means lots of death for the enemy

1975 to 600 if anything went wrong or could it did for me tonight =/

Brushmonkey
31-01-2006, 09:27
Yes, the '6 on a hellblaster misfire' is one of those rules that I really despise. I think its pretty OTT.

truthsayer
31-01-2006, 12:14
I have also seen this happen, good job it was my helblaster though!

goodbye 20 skellies!

Scythe
31-01-2006, 12:15
Mah, it only happens once in 36 times. Besides, if you are over half range, even a full hellblaster volley is survivable for a decent sized unit. At short range... it hurts... a lot...

Fredrik
31-01-2006, 12:51
Itīs still nasty at long range, and the thing could atleast be broken after it hadgotten all those shoots off then the rule would almost be ok but now...

Borthcollective
31-01-2006, 13:26
On the other side of that fence, I miscast with my Dwarf Anvil of Doom yesterday, turn 1, and it blowed up 445 points worth of my Runelord.

Scythe
31-01-2006, 14:01
Itīs still nasty at long range, and the thing could atleast be broken after it hadgotten all those shoots off then the rule would almost be ok but now...

It is nasty, but it doesn't utterly annihalates units, as it does at short range. But always remember: the chance of the thing blowing itself to pieces after a misfire is always greater...;)

Kahadras
31-01-2006, 14:04
I once lost a unit of nine KotR to a Helblaster misfire. My opponant showed me what happened to which my responce was 'Oh dear'. Dice were rolled and people died. Surfice to say I give them a wide birth nowadays (once bitten twice shy).

Kahadras

Grand Warlord
31-01-2006, 14:07
Mine just misfires and blows up whenever I use to ... Ill just keep it for siege games lol ... nice job with your experience though lol

Sambojin
31-01-2006, 14:43
My main 15 strong wolfrider block with 2 bosses and a warboss in it failed its animosity test in turn 1, did nothing, failed it in turn 2 and charged my dispelling shaman's fast cav. Needless to say, they totally destroyed the shaman's unit(and shaman), ended up totally out of position and got picked apart by magic for the rest of the game. They even failed another test in turn 5m just as I thought they might participate in the battle properly. Oh how animosity can make you cry sometimes.........................

Keller
31-01-2006, 15:56
Mine just misfires and blows up whenever I use to ... Ill just keep it for siege games lol ... nice job with your experience though lol

Mine too! I have lost count by now, but I think in 25 games, I have had 2 successful firings. I should find the old thread where I posted the break down....

Chiron
31-01-2006, 17:50
i love my hellblaster, one game it passed a panic and terror test and killed a deamon of slaanesh, a unit of marauders and some chaos knights

its wonderful when it works, when it doesnt (which is a lot these days) it gets taken out by fliers in 2 turns

Acheron
31-01-2006, 18:04
Heh, my friend has perfected the skill of throwing Misfire + 6 for the first barrel on his Hellblaster.

Aye, in a game based on the randomness of dice throwing, (almost) anything is possible. Joyful isnīt it? ;)

Skitter-Squeek
31-01-2006, 19:29
can just tell ya I was Under Half Range :mad:

Dave Talley
02-02-2006, 16:22
can just tell ya I was Under Half Range :mad:

yep
used to have alot of fun with my blasters, my last outing was in 99,
the first Direwolf tourney, in Kansas of all places,
I had a REAL cheesy army, general with crown of command and a
4th level wiz, 2 blasters, some gunners yadda yadda

the tourney guys had flown Tuomas Pirinen in from GW, during my
first game he was walking by when I rolled Misfire on the first dice,
in those days that meant all 9 barrels go off, his jaw hit the floor,
and a slayer unit evaporated,
the other blaster shot one barrel then blew up, which is why I used
to always have 2 of them,

over that weekend, in my five games I shot an average 5 barrels per
blaster with 2 more first dice misfires, granted I still lost all 5 games
:-)

Dave

hiram
02-02-2006, 17:57
I love my blaster but nothing beats the look on the other guys face when you plink down two cannons on top of a hill with the blaster on level in front of them, not the nicest thing to walk into.
FYI, I don't play the nuln list I just really like the fact that empire brings guns to a knife fight, the 120 some odd infantry models more than make up for that cool factor though.

Bloodknight
02-02-2006, 18:03
Thatīs why people use heavens mages to reroll the misfire table outcome.

Scythe
02-02-2006, 23:05
Shh!! Don't give people ideas here!!

;)

Cpt. Drill
02-02-2006, 23:27
Que the Celestial Artiallary Train!

hiram
03-02-2006, 01:59
oh thats a nasty idea I never thought of

Dave Talley
03-02-2006, 03:36
Thatīs why people use heavens mages to reroll the misfire table outcome.

in my case this was 5th ed, before the current Heavens list was used
Dave