PDA

View Full Version : Siren Song type items vs Hell Pit Abom

LKHERO
29-12-2009, 17:56
How would it work?
I'm thinking of Siren Song, MRoChallenge - Those type of items.

How do they work with HPA's no movement, strictly 3D6 random movement/charge?

stripsteak
29-12-2009, 18:45
The unit must be able to reach for the charge. as per the daemon faq if you use siren song on a unit that is out of range then the use is wasted.

so use siren song on HPA.
pick desired direction and roll dice
if distance is high enough unit must charge the siren song unit.
if distance is too low the siren song is wasted and unit move desired direction.

i'm guessing rune of challenge would be the same, but i don't know the wording of it.

WLBjork
30-12-2009, 08:07
Don't have the book to hand, but I'm pretty sure MRoC can only be used if the target would be capable of making the charge.

If so, it cannot really be used on a randomly moving creature (as you don't know at the time of use if the target can make the charge).

If my memory is wrong, then - as stripsteak says - the unit will charge if it can reach. Otherwise you have wasted the use of the item.

decker_cky
30-12-2009, 14:24
I'm pretty sure that if the unit is out of charge range, there's absolutely no effect meaning the HPA could take a different direction, so adapting stripsteak's list:

use siren song on HPA
pick desired direction and roll dice
if distance is high enough unit must charge the siren song unit.
if distance is too low the siren song is wasted and unit moves whichever way it wants.

Siren song being wasted if a unit is out of range is covered in the daemon faq though.

PeG
30-12-2009, 18:27
It seems reasonable that siren song would have an effect if the roll is high enough. However I am not sure that I would like my GD to be charged by the HPA even if the GD strikes first impact hits are going to hurt.

Rork
31-12-2009, 11:48
I'd say you couldn't siren song units that don't declare charges.

Siren Song forces a unit to declare a charge - Units like the abomination (spawn etc.) only declare a charge if they move into contact with an enemy model in the compulsory moves phase.

HPAs and friends can never declare charges in the normal fashion, so I don't see how Siren Song can actually have an effect.

Gazak Blacktoof
01-01-2010, 12:53
They do declare charges, they just do so only once you know they reach their target- "counts as having declared a charge" - that's why you can make stand and shoot reactions agaisnt them, etc.

The distance rolled is the maximum charge range, equivalent to movement x 2 for a normal unit.

Azethel
02-01-2010, 13:22
Does siren song work on creatures immune to psych? Is the HPA ITP?

nosferatu1001
02-01-2010, 13:36
Yes and Yes

Lord Zarkov
02-01-2010, 15:47
Yes and No Surely? The HPA isn't ITP, just stubborn

nosferatu1001
02-01-2010, 22:03
Brain fart, forgot it wasnt ItP - despite having gone over this on alternative threads..

Guanyin
02-01-2010, 22:35
They do declare charges, they just do so only once you know they reach their target- "counts as having declared a charge" - that's why you can make stand and shoot reactions agaisnt them, etc.

The distance rolled is the maximum charge range, equivalent to movement x 2 for a normal unit.

There is a big difference between "counts as charging" and "declaring a charge". As sirens song forced the unit to "declare a charge", something the HPA cannot do, I dont see how it can have any effect.