PDA

View Full Version : Army of Sylvania 1000 pts tournament army

Latro
31-01-2006, 10:30
Since my regular 1k tournament army is currently awaiting the arrival of several Minotaurs, I decided to use the opportunity to field a very different army ... the Army of Sylvania!

The strategy behind the army will be to present my opponent with several fast moving threats coming from all sides ... while he is busy dealing with them my main battle-line will arrive from the front to make things even more interesting.

The key-elements for this are of course:

- Wolf form: Thrall (on foot) has 9" move
- Summon Wolves: summon d3 Direwolves from a board edge at start of turn
- Drakenhof Banner: unit MR2 and doubles the summoning of the wolves :evilgrin:

... and the list:

The 1st Waldenhof Militia

Thrall (general) @ 152 pts
- barded nightmare, hvy armour, shield, great weapon
- summon wolves, Gem of Blood

Thrall @ 135 pts
- hvy armour, shield, great weapon
- summon wolves, wolf form

Thrall @ 135 pts
- hvy armour, shield, great weapon
- summon wolves, wolf form

5 Drakenhof Templars @ 199 pts (commanded by general)
- barded nightmare, hvy armour, shield, lance
- banner, Drakenhof Banner

19 Sylvanian Levy @ 162 pts (commanded by wolf thrall)
- lgt armour, shield, spear
- banner

19 Sylvanian Levy @ 162 pts (commanded by wolf thrall)
- lgt armour, shield, spear
- banner

5 Direwolves @ 55 pts
- scouting

2 power dice and 2 grave markers (bound spell lvl 4 for summoning)
2 dispel dice (one MR2 unit)
51 models, 4 deployement slots +1 scout

... so, will it work? I have absolutely no experience with the Army of Sylvania so any advice on the matter is welcome. I don't expect to do much succesful summoning, but killing enemy wizards will have top-priority ... so maybe my forces will grow a bit in the final turns.

:cool:

Latro
01-02-2006, 07:25
*shameless bump* ... ;)

Skitter-Squeek
01-02-2006, 07:41
I thought all undead had to go normal movement unless 12inches within the general? so if that is true are you going to keep them all together?

Latro
01-02-2006, 08:02
I thought all undead had to go normal movement unless 12inches within the general? so if that is true are you going to keep them all together?

The Templar (with the general) and the Levy units will advance together for at least two turns ... and thus be able to march. The wolves will usually be realeased the first turns and ready to charge on turn two ... depending on opportunity the Wolf Thralls might charge out of their units to assist in favourable battles. The Templars might stay with the Levy units to keep them moving, or charge ahead if there's a good target.

Basicly it goes (hopefully) like this:

- Main units advance

- Summoned and scouting unit create distractions and pick on easy victims (war machines etc)

- Wolf Thralls take out supporting units (6 strength 5 or 7 attacks) ... the General and/or the Templars might assist with this

- The Levy arrives to assist in larger combats

:cool: