PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2000pts High Magic

QuietEarth
29-12-2009, 20:45
So, here is my 2000pts list that I am building. It's reminiscent of my old Vampire Counts magic heavy army. I plan on keeping my Lord protected in a unit of fourteen Skeleton Warriors and have him raise Skeltons on the two main blocks of infantry.

The Wight King is the BSB and will be in a block of 19 Grave Guard. This will be the scariest unit I have as the unit will have the Banner of Barrows and the Wight King has the Sword of Kings and the Flayed Hauberk. My plan is to have other units avoid this unit and get stuck on my large Skeleton blocks and subsequently charged by my units of Black Knights.

My Necromancers will be mounted on Corpse Carts and lag behind my units boosting my Skeletons.

Vampire Lord - 415pts
+1 Magic Level
Master of the Black Arts
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Skull Staff

Wight King - 150pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Tomb Blade
Flayed Hauberk

Necromancer - 105pts
Extra Spell
Book of Arkhan

Necromancer - 110pts
Extra Spell
Staff of Damnation

Skeleton Warriors x 14 - 112pts
(Vampire Lord)

Skeleton Warriors x 15 - 165pts
Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion

Skeleton Warriors x 15 - 165pts
Full Command
Warbanner

Corpse Cart - 100pts
Unholy Lodestone
(Necromancer)

Corpse Cart - 100pts
Unholy Lodestone
(Necromancer)

Grave Guard x 19 - 258pts
Full Command
Banner of Barrows
(Wight King)

Black Knights x 5 -136pts
Champion

Black Knights x 5 -136pts
Champion

That puts me at about 1952 points, I think, if I haven't screwed my math up. So I have 48 points to mess around with. I could give my Black Knights full command or boost the Black Knights up to six models instead of 5. I think the latter might be the better decision.

I look forward to your comments.

w3rm
29-12-2009, 21:13
I agree with the fact the Knights should be in units of 6. I am not very familiar with the vampire book but don't you want Raise Skeletons on your Vampire Lord to raise skellies above their starting size?

QuietEarth
29-12-2009, 21:48
Vampires know all of the Necromancy spell and he has Lord of the Dead so he can raise Skeletons all day long. However, lately I've been thinking about changing the Necromancers to Vampires by dropping the champions from the Black Knights and giving them Dark Acolyte and Lord of the Undead.