PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves

Jaedar
30-12-2009, 13:37
Hi all, I've been lurking around on the forum a while now..anyway I got a question regarding Dark Elves.

They seem to have a lot of old models, do anyone know if GW is planning on releasing new DE in a near future? Maybe a bit more plastic ones.
I'm planing on starting a new army and DE seems really fun, but I'm allergic to metal models -.-

PaulmanMN
30-12-2009, 14:14
I just started DE myself within the last month. yes, there are LOADS of metal models (Black Guard, Hydra, Executioners, Harpies et al) But there are a lot of plastics too. Corsairs, Warriors, Cold One Knights.. but alas, no Cold One Knights Chariots (But Gamezone make quite a nice CoK chariot).

I didn't find the metal at all daunting.. well, maybe 5 hyrda heads, but other than that it wasnt a problem.

As far as I know, or have heard, there isnt anything forthcoming for DE. Unless someone else knows diferent.

PaulmanMN

Col. Dash
30-12-2009, 14:44
Nothing in the pipeline that I have heard. They just had their big releases about a year or so ago. I you dont care about GW figs, check out Gamezone minis. They are metal but are based off the GW dark elves line and have some amazing cold ones(predators). Will add some variety to your list. Note that I typically do not play tournies, rule of cool reigns supreme.

kyussinchains
30-12-2009, 14:44
Hi all, I've been lurking around on the forum a while now..anyway I got a question regarding Dark Elves.

They seem to have a lot of old models, do anyone know if GW is planning on releasing new DE in a near future? Maybe a bit more plastic ones.
I'm planing on starting a new army and DE seems really fun, but I'm allergic to metal models -.-

actually allergic, or you just don't like them? there's lots of debate on this forum, but I'll stick my neck out and say that metal is still the superior medium for high detail.... plus there's nothing better than holding a heavy figure in your hand rather than a wispy flyaway plastic one.....

As for the models, the executioners are quite possibly the most beautiful and dynamic rank and file models GW have produced.... I hope they don't get replaced any time soon.

I think there may be a new chariot in the pipeline as the current one seems to have been withdrawn, there were rumours a while ago that GW would be doing a big 'cavalry' release for lots of armies, no idea if this was just wishlisting......

enyoss
30-12-2009, 14:57
As for the models, the executioners are quite possibly the most beautiful and dynamic rank and file models GW have produced.... I hope they don't get replaced any time soon.

You'll soon change your tune when you have to re-glue all the Draich blades back on before your next game. A Scyla-esque annoyance if ever I've seen one...

Domandi
30-12-2009, 15:01
That is why I pinned every single blade. There is no way they aren't breaking with glue alone.

Jaedar
30-12-2009, 15:14
actually allergic, or you just don't like them?

I just dont like them, but I'm not impossible about it.
I've read the DE army book and I say the army seems really fun to play, and I just love Shadowblade :D Seems really funny to use him!

But I'm going to order a battalion box from Wayland soon, anything else I should order to make a decent 1.000 point army? As you might see I'm in the dark about DE (no pun indeed).

The SkaerKrow
30-12-2009, 15:25
A Hydra or pair of Reaper Bolt Throwers, a unit of Black Guard, Executioners or Witch Elves and some Dark Riders and/or Harpies. You can kitbash plastic Dark Riders by combining elements of the Wood Elf Glade Rider and Dark Elf Warrior kits.

PaulmanMN
30-12-2009, 15:51
Or if you wait until January 16th... Duh duh DAAAAAA!

Tyranid Gargoyle wings + demonettes = wicked harpies!

Krom The Eternal
31-12-2009, 07:41
just mix and match between high elves and dark elves to get what you need are you allergic to lead? i dont believe those models are lead i think their like pewter or something the old school lead models look alot darker anywho thats my 2 cents