PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King on chariot in challenge

stashman
30-12-2009, 16:04
I'm up for a game against Tomb king army with my O&G. Me and my friend wan't to know an answer that I can't find. Here is the "fake" scenario.

A unit of black orcs and Grimgor charge or get charged by a Tomb King (in chariot) and his unit of chariots. Grimgor calls for challenge and the Tomb King himself accepts it. Grimgor smashes the chariot to pieces but the King survives and is placed out side the chariot unit.

Here is the Direwolf:

Q. While he is with a Chariot unit, if I kill a Tomb King or Tomb
Prince's chariot, he becomes separated from the unit at the end
of the phase. If this happens in close combat, does he become
an independent character before or after combat resolution? If
the Khemri unit wins and the opponent flees, does the Tomb King
and Chariot unit pursue together or separately?

A. Both combat resolution and pursuing/fleeing happen before the
end of the phase, so the character would count as part of the
unit (unfortunately, this would also mean the Chariots only pursue
2D6" because his Movement value is not more than 6").
S. Official Tomb Kings FAQ

But lets say the black orc unit wins and the chariot unit survives after combat so they are still in base contact.

Q1: Will the Tomb King also be in base contact with black orc unit, but as a single unit.

Q2: Next turn, if King is still in contact Grimgor challenges again and King is dead. Becuse of that the King is not with a unit, he can't transfer his wounds to the chariot unit.

OK, how do we do it, when it will happen. Thanks.

stripsteak
30-12-2009, 16:39
Q1: Will the Tomb King also be in base contact with black orc unit, but as a single unit.
if there is still enough space to fit all the models into the combat than yes the prince would still be in the combat but as a separate unit from the chariots. if there is not enough space after redressing ranks then he would be free of the combat(pg46). keep in mind that corner to corner would still keep him in combat.

Q2: Next turn, if King is still in contact Grimgor challenges again and King is dead. Becuse of that the King is not with a unit, he can't transfer his wounds to the chariot unit.
the challenge would continue through multiple rounds until one of them is slain or flees. i'm not quite sure what you are asking about wounds transfering? wounds would never transfer between the character and the other chariots anyway. You are either attacking 'rank and file' chariots in which case wounds are only shared by them. or you are directing attacks at the character in which case wounds can't transfer to rank and file. Wounds don't spill over in either direction between characters and other models in the unit.

Eumerin
30-12-2009, 18:01
the challenge would continue through multiple rounds until one of them is slain or flees. i'm not quite sure what you are asking about wounds transfering? wounds would never transfer between the character and the other chariots anyway.

I suspect that it's a reference to what happens when undead units lose combat. Since the Tomb King is no longer a part of the chariot unit, then if the Tomb King side loses the combat by two both the TK and the chariot unit take two wounds. If the TK had not lost his chariot and still been part of the unit, then only the chariot unit as a whole would have taken two wounds.

Enigmatik1
31-12-2009, 02:03
the challenge would continue through multiple rounds until one of them is slain or flees. i'm not quite sure what you are asking about wounds transfering? wounds would never transfer between the character and the other chariots anyway. You are either attacking 'rank and file' chariots in which case wounds are only shared by them. or you are directing attacks at the character in which case wounds can't transfer to rank and file. Wounds don't spill over in either direction between characters and other models in the unit.

He could be referring to the Collar of Shapesh, which lets the possessing character transfer any wounds received to a friendly model within 4" on a 4+, which in this scenario would be his original chariot unit even though he is no longer a part of it. But if he's shifting wounds onto something else, the King probably isn't dead. :D

Eumerin
31-12-2009, 06:53
iirc, though, the collar doesn't require you to be in the same unit. You just need to be fairly close to the unit.