PDA

View Full Version : 1,000pts Vampire Counts, All Flesh Must Be Eaten

QuietEarth
30-12-2009, 20:19
My friends and I are getting back into Fantasy again so I've just been making lists. The first game we're going to shoot for 1,000pts. I'm trying to make my army similar to my old VC army which was all about raising zombies. I'm not sure how effective it will be versus skaven, and ogre kingdoms, but I think it will be a fun army to play.

Vampire - 160pts
Dark Acolyte
Sceptre De Noirot

Necromancer - 70pts
Extra Spell

Necromancer - 70pts
Extra Spell

Skeleton Warriors x 11 - 88pts

Zombie Horde x 20 - 88pts
Standard Bearer

Zombie Horde x 20 - 88pts
Standard Bearer

Corpse Cart - 100pts
Unholy Lodestone

Corpse Cart - 100pts
Unholy Lodestone

Grave Guard x 15 - 235pts
Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion

ImRightBehindYou
31-12-2009, 07:45
I like it. The redundancy factor seems to make the list able to back it self up. It seems pretty solid. I think this list should do pretty well.

QuietEarth
31-12-2009, 11:48
I like it. The redundancy factor seems to make the list able to back it self up. It seems pretty solid. I think this list should do pretty well.

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's definitely geared to raise zombies and I think it will do that extremely well. My only concern with the list is that I actually have one unit that can do a lot of killing but I think will the ability to summon one or two more units of Zombies I'll be able to overwhelm them. I should probable keep the Grave Guard protected until they're needed.

Kayosiv
31-12-2009, 15:58
I realize you may only have limited models, but here's a few thoughts.

Unless you give them command and other equipment, skelatons are almost never better than ghouls. If you're taking a unit of 11 naked skelatons, go ghouls instead.

I see no point in giving the Sceptre De Noirot to a vampire when you could give it to a necromancer. The necromancers aren't going to likely be casting their extra spells. They generate 1 dice, and to reliably cast raise dead they're going to want to use 2 dice, that eats up all your pool dice and doesn't give them any reason to have extra spells, at least if you intend to raise lots of zombies. Save yourself 15-30 points, give the sceptre de noirot to a necromancer, and make your vampire better.

Just because your vampire has a caster power does not mean he isn't extremely formitable. Right now he is completely naked, I think you should get him at least some sort of protection and possibly a cheap magic weapon or a vampiric power that grants him more than a hand weapon.

Like you said, you only have one unit that can really win combats, having a useful combat hero that won't die and cause your army to crumble is a good investment. Taking away a loadstone and giving your vampire The Flayed Hauberk, Avatar of Death, or even an enchanted shield/biting blade combo will make him much more potent.

I would highly recommend the Black Periapt for either of the necromancers you choose to keep the extra spell with. It is unlikely you will always have to use your 5 dispel dice and an extra power dice to take advantage of the extra spell will be very useful.

QuietEarth
31-12-2009, 17:40
I realize you may only have limited models, but here's a few thoughts.

Unless you give them command and other equipment, skelatons are almost never better than ghouls. If you're taking a unit of 11 naked skelatons, go ghouls instead.

I see no point in giving the Sceptre De Noirot to a vampire when you could give it to a necromancer. The necromancers aren't going to likely be casting their extra spells. They generate 1 dice, and to reliably cast raise dead they're going to want to use 2 dice, that eats up all your pool dice and doesn't give them any reason to have extra spells, at least if you intend to raise lots of zombies. Save yourself 15-30 points, give the sceptre de noirot to a necromancer, and make your vampire better.

Just because your vampire has a caster power does not mean he isn't extremely formitable. Right now he is completely naked, I think you should get him at least some sort of protection and possibly a cheap magic weapon or a vampiric power that grants him more than a hand weapon.

Like you said, you only have one unit that can really win combats, having a useful combat hero that won't die and cause your army to crumble is a good investment. Taking away a loadstone and giving your vampire The Flayed Hauberk, Avatar of Death, or even an enchanted shield/biting blade combo will make him much more potent.

I would highly recommend the Black Periapt for either of the necromancers you choose to keep the extra spell with. It is unlikely you will always have to use your 5 dispel dice and an extra power dice to take advantage of the extra spell will be very useful.

Sounds like very sound advice, thanks.