7 plague censor bearers - 112

rare
warplightning canon - 90
warplightning canon - 90

comment please :)

XLast_Of_The_OrderX
31-12-2009, 00:49
Not exactly my play style, but I see where you were going with this list, and I do like it. Very light on the magic items, heavy on the troops (as a good horde army SHOULD be).

I've never seen that exact use of PCBs before, but if they don't get baited around the table all game, they're going to demolish almost everything. I assume your plan is to tie enemy units up with your Clanrats and/or Slaves, and run either the PCBs or the Stormvermin into their flanks?

Razakel
31-12-2009, 01:10
Solid list, as Last Of The Order said it looks like a good horde army with some decent Magic defense. Your inclusion of the Storm Banner is very wise, will protect you for one turn at least against missile fire, giving you that valuable extra round of marching before you get shot at again.

I tend to find Rat Swarms to be better than Giant Rats, but both are certainly good choices.

Brother Edwin
31-12-2009, 15:58
It looks ok. But with no scrolls certain spells will wreck you.

theworldsnerd
31-12-2009, 17:26
with the giant rats i get 16 attacks though for 58pts a pack. and i agree with the dispel scrolls, i was trying to decide whether or not to drop a giant rat unit for a couple of them.

Brother Edwin
31-12-2009, 19:02
with the giant rats i get 16 attacks though for 58pts a pack. and i agree with the dispel scrolls, i was trying to decide whether or not to drop a giant rat unit for a couple of them.

I would. A lot of spells will kill more than a unit of giant rats, laugh out loud.

Also with warp lightning being 6's to cast how will you have your dice organised? Two of the level 1's will have the pool dice to use but what about the other guy? As it is I would lose one warlock to take scrolls on the other one. Lets you keep the giant rats, who are great at getting flank charges, i'm using 2 min size ones at the moment just for taking out ranks. Also the warp energy condenser is a must if your taking a enginner.

Also remember musicians on the slaves. Lets you flee and rally on a 9 if queeks nearby.

theworldsnerd
31-12-2009, 19:21
i disagree on the condenser, i think that it's only a must if i'm going to have a magic offensive army, at the moment, i don't care much about getting spells off, the warlock engineers are there just for dispel purposes, and the rocket is just awesome :P

i think the idea of dropping one for dispel scrolls is good as the idea was to flank with the giant rats, but it then puts me on 4 dispel and 2 dispell scrolls. which i very vunerable using as if they use if i use 3 dice i'm then left with one which is only usefull really for stopping a bound item so i'm kind of hindered after stopping a spell cast on a 8+

Brother Edwin
31-12-2009, 19:52
i disagree on the condenser, i think that it's only a must if i'm going to have a magic offensive army, at the moment, i don't care much about getting spells off, the warlock engineers are there just for dispel purposes, and the rocket is just awesome :P

i think the idea of dropping one for dispel scrolls is good as the idea was to flank with the giant rats, but it then puts me on 4 dispel and 2 dispell scrolls. which i very vunerable using as if they use if i use 3 dice i'm then left with one which is only usefull really for stopping a bound item so i'm kind of hindered after stopping a spell cast on a 8+

Well I guess its prefrence. I personelly prefer to throw 4 dice at a spell to make sure its gone and then have scrolls for nasty spells. Paying 65 points for one dice is pricey imo. I personally go with plague priests. They give you the defense, are T5 not 3 and rock in combat with 4 strength 6 attacks.

theworldsnerd
31-12-2009, 20:43
but they're also frenzied which means i could be running a dispel dice out on his own, or running a unit out where i don't want to. though the extra 3 frenzied units would mean that the 4 units of plague censors aren't the only units that are tempting to bring out. no army would have 7 units that they can use as bait so it could mean that some of my harder hitting units can move more freely

Brother Edwin
31-12-2009, 21:36
That is true. Because I get around it by having him on the corner and another unit in front of him so he can't physically move out of the unit. I guess the liabillty is worth it for me since I aim to get him and his unit into combat anyway.

theworldsnerd
31-12-2009, 21:40
but it's when people bait the unit, and you have to charge, they flee, then they flank charge :/ i'd rather charge him on his own than that happen.

Brother Edwin
31-12-2009, 22:46
but it's when people bait the unit, and you have to charge, they flee, then they flank charge :/ i'd rather charge him on his own than that happen.

Well yeah, each situation is different. Id never charge if it was a silly idea.

leighr3029
31-12-2009, 23:23
Hi,

I agree you need some scrolls. if the engineers are magic defence then scrolls are required (5 DD is not enough against most armies).

I would upgrade one to a LV2 (not the doomrocket dude). It means that you can have 3 warplightnings instead of 2 which significantly increases your magic phase (6 usable dice instead of 4 is pretty good. 35pts for the ability to use 2 casting dice is quite worth it). also without much shooting you may need to take out threats from long range which is best done with warplightning. You may also get a good spell with your other roll and if need be you can put 3 dice towards it if you feel it is needed at that time.

instead of that though you could convert one of the engineers into a BSB. rerollable LD with skaven is probably going to pay for itself every game (the amount of times you loose combat is likely to be high).

theworldsnerd
31-12-2009, 23:49
what so 2 warlocks each with 2 dispel scrolls, and then a battle standard?

theworldsnerd
02-01-2010, 22:52
hero's
queek - 215
warlock - lvl 1 - 2x dispel scrolls - 115
warlock - lvl 1 - 2x dispel scrolls - 115
cheiftan - battle standard - shield of distraction - pipes of piebald - halbard -112

core
25 clanrats - shields - musician + standard - 124.5
24 slaves - 48
24 slaves - 48
25 storvermin - shields - command - storm banner - 275
warpfire thrower - 70

special

rare
warplightning canon - 90
warplightning canon - 90

any better?

Foegnasher
03-01-2010, 05:45
4 scrolls?

4 censer bearers?

sorry man. cheddar all the way.

you can do better. drop 2 pcb units, and pick up some giant rats.
with the cannons and the thrower, why the stormbanner? other than queek's vermin, you have nothing to protect.

i like the pipes on the BSB. good idea.

needs work, but has potential

Brother Edwin
03-01-2010, 07:14
4 scrolls?

4 censer bearers?

sorry man. cheddar all the way.

I believe he does not want heavy magic armys to auto-win against him.

Considering they are his only hard hitting close combat unit those censor bearers are needed I think.

Plus giant rats are hardly needed when he already has 6 ranked up units.

Jind_Singh
03-01-2010, 08:57
Personally speaking I'd drop a unit of clan rats and take MORE slaves and giant rats in its place - actually just a few giant rats, and more slaves!
You could potentially send forwards about 6 units of slaves (including the 2 you got) and just wear people down - then hit them with your clan rats and storm vermin.
In the meantime your cannons wreak havoc on the enemy lines - by the time your fighting line engages the enemy it should be game over!
Like the dual cannon - they are much more nasty than the hell pit - the hell pits only kill a unit at a time and can be ignored - the cannons habit of wiping out template sized holes on the enemy ranks is so powerful!
loving the horde - now step it up and bring on 4 more slave units!

theworldsnerd
03-01-2010, 11:59
i've the canons and the warpfire thrower, foegnasher, as the storm banner isn't always in play, and even when in it is 1 canon of the two should fire on average which gives me with something to deal with a steam tank or dragon or something big which my units would stuggle with in combat.
also, foegnasher, i need the scrolls as with only 4 dispel dice i'm vulnerable to magic.
and finally, foegnasher, what's the need for swapping 2 units of plague censors for giant rats? the censors are harder hitting, and the more units i have makes it harder for all of them to be baited. with 6 ranked up units there's no need in swapping 2 hard hitting skirmish units for 4 'OK' flanking units. you might call it cheesy but the list isn't suppost to be nice. i wouldn't go out and play with a list that's going to lose because it has no magic defence. and i would go out and play with a combat army where i've not taken the best combat i could take. that's like playing an expecting to lose. i play games to win, not to let the other person win. sorry, but i think that you have no idea what you're talking about. all the point you said would make my army weaker and vulnerable.