PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Pha-stah and a very odd thing

havoc626
31-12-2009, 10:07
Okay, I ran into this the other day while versing another TK player, and we ended up dicing it, laughing at the odd situation. It wasn't that we couldn't agree, just that we couldn't think of which should be the right way.

Okay, a unit of Tomb Guard with Prince that has the Amulet of Pha-stah charged an enemy unit of Skeleton Warriors that had an Icon Bearer, also with Amulet of Pha-stah and a Liche Priest with Golden Ankhra.

How would you play this situation? The Amulet is a talisman that nulifies all enemy talismans, enchanted and arcane items of enemy characters. Would the Golden Ankhra get cancelled, or would the Amulets cancel each other out, thus allowing those types of items to work.

danny-d-b
31-12-2009, 10:18
I'd prob have both players roll a dice and the highest has his amulet go 1st- its not in the rule book, but its the most fair way of doing it- thats how I've sorted out the double puppet problem!

stripsteak
31-12-2009, 10:21
being sleepy and hungry makes for an interesting question about the amulet of pasta :D ....anyway

for items that directly conflict with each other i think the typical way GW has said to handle it in the past is to 4+ up it each turn to see which one 'wins'. the main example being two characters that both force the other to strike last. you would 4+ each time to see which one actually strikes last.

Milgram
31-12-2009, 10:25
first off: the liche priest was not in contact with the icon bearer, correct? because the amulet also cancels the effects on friendly characters.

else I would dice off which amulet takes precedence each combat phase. I think I saw this ruling from gw in an FAQ for a almost similar situation.

stripsteak
31-12-2009, 10:34
first off: the liche priest was not in contact with the icon bearer, correct? because the amulet also cancels the effects on friendly characters.

else I would dice off which amulet takes precedence each combat phase. I think I saw this ruling from gw in an FAQ for a almost similar situation.

amulet only effects enemy models.

i was remembering reading something too about 4+ each turn. looked in a few but couldn't find which faq it was, hopefully someone will remember.

Milgram
31-12-2009, 12:22
amulet only effects enemy models.

this is not what my book reads, but maybe in the english version it is different.

Dutch_Digger
31-12-2009, 17:05
hum yes in english version it says enemy models... nice typo.

usually foreign languages have better rulings because they are published a bit later. not today =\