PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 200 points

Macrus
31-12-2009, 17:04
Hello this is my first 2000 point list for warrriors of chaos.

Lord and Heroes

Choas Lord
Mark of Slaanesh
Steed of Slaanesh
Shield
Choas Runesword
Armour of Morrslied
330pts

Choas Sorcerer
Level 2
Mark of Slaanesh
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
175pts

Core

Chaos Warrios x15
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
280pts

Chaos Marauders x16
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
118pts

Chaos Marauders x16
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
118pts

Marauder Horsemen x5
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Flails
Musician
111pts

Chaos Warrios x15
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
280pts

Chaos Warhounds x5
30pts

Chaos Warhounds x5
30pts

Special

Chaos Knights x5
Mark of Slaanesh
Musician
Standard Bearer
240pts

Trolls x3
135pts

Rare

Chaos Spawn
Mark of Slaanesh
75pts

Chaos Spawn
Mark of Slaanesh
75pts

The reason that the Choas Sorcerer doesnt have the mark of slaanesh is because the spells that he would use wouldnt be as affective as the normal ones that he uses.

Thank you for any comments you have about my list.

Macrus

WoodElfGeneral
01-01-2010, 03:45
I play Wood Elves but my most frequent opponent is WoC.

First off, I am almost certain that you are only aloud 1 rare choice in 2000 pts so you can't take two chaos spawn.

Secondly, I don't like trolls because they suffer from stupidity and are therefore not always reliable. You may be better of with a chariot or two because from what i understand they don't cost that many points and they hit hard.

I would consider giving the maurader horsemen thrown weapons such as javelins or throwing axes and that special ability that lets them shoot into combat because it can be useful to weaken a unit already in combat before smashing into their flank or rear.

Also about taking the mark of slaanesh, it only really improves movement from what i know and i believe khorne is the better choice because it will turn your units into even more deadly close combat experts.

With two units of hounds, i am guessing they will be used as a meat shield from shooting to protect the chaos warriors or other valuable units.

Nice pick with the steed of slaanesh for the lord. If you do change your list over to khorne you cna put your lord in your unit of knights with the stead of khorne and just run through any enemy in the first round of combat. chances are that you will destroy the entire front rank and your opponent won't even get to attack back. If there is a round 2 of combat by some miracle on the part of your opponent, you can almost be assured that there will be no round 3.

Hope this advice is helpful but i would get some other opinions for sure because i am fairly new to warhammer and like i said before only have experience commanding wood elves.

Unuhexium
01-01-2010, 09:32
WoodElfGeneral: I think you need to have a little talk with your friend about what he has told you his army does. Mark of Slaanesh does not improve movement. It makes the unit immune to fear, terror and panic. All it does is make the troops more reliable.

However, you are indeed right that Mark of Khorne turn troops into close combat machines. This is a double edged sword however since the mark gives frenzy so while the marked unit receives +1A and ItP, they have to charge if something is within their charge range. Mark of Khorne is also three times as expensive as Mark of Slaanesh.

On the topic of the marauder horsemen, there is no ability that let them shoot into melee.

With that business taken care of, lets move on to the list.

Unless you intend to use a unit as bodyguard for a character, a champion is just wasted points. It's a lot of points for just one extra attack.

Units of 16 marauders can't really accomplish anything from my experience. Those groups should be buffed to at least 20 strong so you can take advantage of their full SCR. You can divide them into one group that's 20 strong and a counter-charge group of 12 with flails or great weapons.

The trolls doesn't seem to have any real synergy with the army since your general won't be able to babysit and you don't have any other character to go with them. Consider changing them for a chariot or more horsemen.

My last point is about the spawn. Partially to WEG and partially to you. First off WoodElfGeneral, spawns can be bought in packages of two as one rare choice. Secondly, I consider spawns quite a decent choice. They're dangerous and unreliable (for the enemy, you can at least count on them to move in the right direction). Since they are strong and can charge in any direction, they can't be ignored so they are good at holding flanks and provide distraction.

blackstork
01-01-2010, 10:55
WoodElfGeneral: I think you need to have a little talk with your friend about what he has told you his army does. Mark of Slaanesh does not improve movement. It makes the unit immune to fear, terror and panic. All it does is make the troops more reliable.

Indeed, Mark of Slaanesh make the unit immune to fear, terror and panic. But Spawn and Giant are exception. They get Always Strike First rule.

About your list, I think this mark is the cheapiest and the weakest from four available. You have re-roll psychology tests, so this mark isn't a huge improvement. I think you may change a mark in units, which in your plan will be not exposed to danger from psychology tests. Or expose all, but then I'd recommend Khorne.

I guess your scroll caddy will not cast spells. So why he has mark? Better not pay points for this and put him in unit with this mark.

Ogres are better from Trolls.

Both of Marauders have 5+ASv. It's nothing. Give them flails or great weapon (for infranty). And if you want to have solid unit of Marauder infranty, listen Unuhexium's advices about this.

My thoughts

Unuhexium
01-01-2010, 12:18
I'm using a unit of 20 marauders with FC, MoS, LA, shields. So far they've done pretty well. 4+ basic Sv in melee is ok and 150 pts for the unit is a bargain.

Macrus
01-01-2010, 15:22
Thank you for all you advice and the help that you have given, I have taken away the trolls and replaced them with a chariot. I have also changed my two units of marauders, so that one of them is 20 and the other is 12, the unit of 12 i have given flails. I have taken the mark of slaanesh from the so sorcerer.
The reason that im using the mark of slaanesh for my army is because i like the idea of slaanesh, i do understand that it is the weakest out of the four marks, its is just that i lile the look and the idea of slaanesh.

Macrus

Crube
01-01-2010, 15:27
... spawns can be bought in packages of two as one rare choice.

... Irrespective, in a 2000 point army, you can take 2 Rares anyway...

Unuhexium
01-01-2010, 16:28
i do understand that it is the weakest out of the four marks, its is just that i lile the look and the idea of slaanesh.

Weakest? I beg to differ my good sir. Just because it doesn't do much in combat doesn't make it weak. It is by far the most affordable mark and the only way to stop a Slaaneshi army is by shooting it to bits down to the last man or break it in combat (and that's where you want your enemy to be, in close combat with your units).

Moreover, with the amount of fear/terror-causing units these days, I'd actually say MoS is a very strong mark. It's hilarious when a VC player realises his best weapon against you (fear/terror) is useless.

Brother Edwin
01-01-2010, 17:51
Weakest? I beg to differ my good sir. Just because it doesn't do much in combat doesn't make it weak. It is by far the most affordable mark and the only way to stop a Slaaneshi army is by shooting it to bits down to the last man or break it in combat (and that's where you want your enemy to be, in close combat with your units).

Moreover, with the amount of fear/terror-causing units these days, I'd actually say MoS is a very strong mark. It's hilarious when a VC player realises his best weapon against you (fear/terror) is useless.

Slannesh is by far the strongest imo.

10 pts for immune to psycholy but can still elect to flee.

I wish all my other armys had that option.:cries:

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
01-01-2010, 20:43
Agreed, my two favourite marks are MoT and MoS because they are the two best army wide marks, besides, will of chaos does not alllow u to re roll psychology tests, only panic meaning terror and fear are still a huge problem and for 10 points u cannot be forced to have to roll insane courage for being outnumbered by a fear causing enemy.
as for the list itslf, it isnt bad, but i would take away the trolls, increase the marauder unit sizes to 20 and also try and squeeze another marauder horsemen unit in.
as for ur lord, equp him for challenges/character bashes, ie, not armour of morslieb. it isnt very good as soon as u come across magical weaponry. I suggest a runeshield in its place, remove the runesword, give him helm of many eyes and either the blade of putrefaction or a sword of might.
Hope this helps

Skogla
02-01-2010, 05:35
About your list, I think this mark is the cheapiest and the weakest from four available. You have re-roll psychology tests, so this mark isn't a huge improvement. I think you may change a mark in units, which in your plan will be not exposed to danger from psychology tests. Or expose all, but then I'd recommend Khorne.

WoC doesn't not have reroll psychology tests.
Will of Chaos gives them a reroll of failed panic tests. So MoS is better than u think.

Slannesh is by far the strongest imo.

10 pts for immune to psycholy but can still elect to flee.

I wish all my other armys had that option.:cries:

Untill you meet lores of magic that actually does things to non ItP units, eg lore of death; Doom and Darkness (-3 LD) as mark of slaanesh doesn't give ItP..

Razakel
02-01-2010, 05:48
I play Wood Elves but my most frequent opponent is WoC.

First off, I am almost certain that you are only aloud 1 rare choice in 2000 pts so you can't take two chaos spawn.

Just to address this point, because I think nobody else did. I believe all armies are able to take two Rare choices in a 2,000+Points army. I know Chaos definitely are.

@ The thread: Yes Mark of Slaanesh is a very impressive Mark. Probably one of the best. I'm quite concerned about this armies weakness to Magic though. You only have one sorcerer, and while you did load him up with Dispel Scrolls, I think if you played a good Lizardmen/Dark Elf/High Elf player, you could be obliterated with Magic after the first few turns. I'd personally try to fit in another sorcerer.

Also your Troll's have Leadership 4 and since your Lord has taken a mount (and a very fast mount at that), your Trolls will likely be suffering from Stupidity and therefore useless for most of the game. I'd remove the Trolls and add a Sorcerer.

That said I think the central part of your army is very solid and I think you can do well with it, good luck!

Azethel
02-01-2010, 14:30
You have mar horsemen for 111pts...when run with what you have (MOS, LA, flails, muc) they should be 96pts from memory.

I would also drop champs from your warriors and or maras on foot unless you plan on putting characters in those units. I would make the maras on foot 20 strong at least and think about dropping one of the warrior units down to 12 strong, make them chosen and give the champ favour of the gods.

Trolls need to be kept close to the general or changed for something like a chariot.

TBH, I think your list will struggle slightly due to it being mostly foot sloggers and little magic. The lord will help you with break tests (having ld 9) but might I suggest dropping him for 2 exalteds.