PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Rules Questions

Desolate
01-01-2010, 19:17
Alright so I'm fairly new to Skaven so don't blast me too hard if I'm asking obvious questions.

Played Vampire Counts last night and we had a few questions with regards to how Plague Censer Bearers work with Ethereal's. The Ethereal rule says that they only lose wounds to magical attacks and spells.

So is the cloud that a censer produces considered a magical attack?

Do wounds caused to your own units by the censer's cloud count towards your opponents combat resolution?

When a Plague Priest is mounted on a Plague Furnace does his censer have the range of the entire model of the Plague Furnace? So for instance do the plague monks that are surrounding the furnace all take a toughness test?

Thanks for the answers to any of these.

Foegnasher
01-01-2010, 20:28
gas and hits from the censer are warpstone weapons. = magic. sorry etherals.

therat
01-01-2010, 21:54
Yes, all wounds caused by the censers' gas count for combat resolution, including friendly fire (P. 46 under the Plague Censer rules)

For your question about the priest, see page 48 of the Skaven book and look under Pestilent Blessing.

Desolate
01-01-2010, 22:09
So the argument the VC player came up with is that the effect doesn't specifically state that it's magical, like the old Engine of the Gods didn't actually say it was magical until it was FAQ'd.

Nurgling Chieftain
01-01-2010, 22:20
What? :confused:
Skaven Army Book, pg 46: "A plague censer is a Warpstone Weapon..."
Skaven Army Book, pg 33, under "Warpstone Weapon": "Attacks from weapons with this special rule count as magical."If he tries to claim that it's not an "attack", hit him with the main rulebook. Hard.

Ramius4
01-01-2010, 23:50
What? :confused:If he tries to claim that it's not an "attack", hit him with the main rulebook. Hard.

And repeatedly... At least until you hear police sirens... Then it's time to run

thechosenone
02-01-2010, 21:06
And repeatedly... At least until you hear police sirens... Then it's time to run

No judge in the world would convict you for murdering what is obviously an illiterate man-child..... right?