PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2250pts

Hammer49
02-01-2010, 10:54
As part of my new years resolution Im designing lists for all my armies, and then getting the neccescary units painted. Getting fed up playing with partially painted armies.
Im not a 100% sure about this army, but I cant pin it down to what its lacking.
I dont like the idea in my armies of having massive point sunk into one model or unit hence no dragons, even though I do own one. Though I was considering using the Alith Anar as a lord and removing the noble and korhil, but it seemed to be too many points for a model on foot.

Korhil
Noble-Reaver bow, Heavy armour
Noble,Standard B, Heavy armour, Banner of sorcery
Mage-Level 2, Seer Staff of saphery, Jewel of dusk

Spearmen-18, Command X2
Archers-10

Swordmasters-12, Command
White Lions of Chrace-15, Command
Dragon Princes-5, Mus, Std B X2
Shadow Warriors-8

2 Bolt throwers

Brady
02-01-2010, 11:16
i would replace the reaver bow noble with another mage becuase you have enough brunt units to not miss one noble. you wont miss the bow either becuase you already have two bolt throwers. oh and your mage is illegal becuase seerstaff and jewel of the dusk are both arcane items, you can only have one. i also think that your nobles arent very fighty. maybe replace the shadow warriors and the noble with bow for a upgraded Level 2 mage ( scroll caddy? ) and two great eagles. i prefer great eagles over shadows to take out war machines and distract frenzied units. two mages would be more beneficial than one mage and two rathr lacking nobles. are you looking for offensive or defensive magic?

Hammer49
02-01-2010, 11:39
Amended list
Im not keen on going magic heavy, and the mage is only there for disruption purposes. Thanks for spotting the doubling up on archane items! Have changed bow to the whitesword for a more fighty noble. Cant do anything with the other noble as hes the Std Bearer. Have never really liked eagles, and I quite like the models for the shadow warriors.

Korhil
Noble-The Whitesword, Heavy armour
Noble,Standard B, Heavy armour, Banner of sorcery
Mage-Level 2, Seer Staff of saphery

Spearmen-18, Command X2
Archers-10

Swordmasters-12, Command
White Lions of Chrace-15, Command
Dragon Princes-5, Mus, Std B X2
Shadow Warriors-8

2 Bolt throwers

Brady
02-01-2010, 12:08
the BSB can still have the items listed on his entry in the armybook. it states he cannot have any other MAGICAL items. so i would try and give him a weapon. you have 25 points spare if i added correctly. so i would try and give both nobles a barded steed so they can both go with the dragon princes. then wack the mage in a spear or archer unit.

i would remove one shadow warrior for 16 point. this means you now have 41 points spare. then change the nobles so they look like:

+Noble
- Star lance ( instead of white sword )
- Dragon armour
- Shield
- barded steed

+Noble
- BSB banner of sorcery
- Barded steed
- Lance
- Shield

this brings the list to 2253. if your opponents are bothered about the 3 points then replace the dragon armour with heavy armour (not that big a prob becuase chances are your opponent wont flame the princes anyway )

now the nobles wont dies so easy and can actually hurt something in combat

apart from that your list looks pretty good, but i would drop a spearmen from each unit to give you 18 point spare, give amulet of light or fire ( depending on opponent )to the mage so one of the spear units can harm ethereals or be protected from magic armys. with the fire amulet the unit with the mage in get MR 1 which should protect the mage even more.

hope you find this useful, feel free to chalenge my points becuase everyones play style varies. :)

Dragon Prince of Caledor
02-01-2010, 17:19
You need something fast to take out war machines and such. Against anything with artillery you will get owned. take some birds, 8 shadow warriors is not sufficient IMO.
Peace

LKHERO
02-01-2010, 18:45
Umm.. what? Why would you have a Banner of Sorcery if there's only one Lv.2. Banner is good if you're running with a Lv.4 and Lv.2.

The BSB wants a Halberd because then he won't be ineffective if he chooses to deploy in infantry. The Lance is fine on the other one if he's riding with the DPs.

Drop the Shadow Warriors for Eagles. They're better because they can preform more tasks.

Hammer49
03-01-2010, 10:31
Thanks for the help so far

Amended List 2

Korhil
Noble-Star Lance, Heavy armour, Barded Elven steed, Enchanted Shield
Noble,Standard B, Heavy armour, Banner of Arcane Protection
Mage-Level 2, Seer Staff of saphery, Amulet Of Light

Spearmen-19, Command (Mage)
Spearmen-18, Command
Archers-10

Swordmasters-12, Command
White Lions of Chrace-15, Command (Banner of arcane Protection/Korhil)
Dragon Princes-5, Mus, Std B X2 (Noble Starlance)

2 Bolt throwers
2 Eagles

Brady
03-01-2010, 13:14
much better hammer! the birds take out machines the DPs flank and the white lions lead while being protected by spears. shooters sit and deal with flank threats. this list looks prettu good to me

Foxbat
03-01-2010, 13:51
Hammer49, by my calculations you still have a lot of points left to spend of your 2250 pts allotment.

I would recommend that you invest these points to enhance your combat units, improve your psychology defences, and improve your magic defences as follows:

Mage: transform into a scroll caddy (1st level + 2 Dispel Scrolls).

BSB:
- give the model Dragon Armour and a Great Weapon; and
- switch the Banner of Arcane Protection for the Banner of the World Dragon;

Spears:
- increase both units to 20 models; and
- give one unit of Spears the Banner of Arcane Protection.

Sword Masters:
- increase the unit to 14 models;
- give the unit the Standard of Balance;
- drop the musician; and
- give its champ the Talisman of Loec;

White Lions:
- increase the unit to 16 models;
- move the Amulet of Light from the Mage to the WL champ;
- give the unit the Lion Standard

Dragon Princes:
- give the unit the Banner of Ellyrion; and
- drop the musician.

Now for the tough decision, drop the second unit of DPs or the Star Lance Noble. I would likely drop the Noble and go with a basic 5 model unit of DPs (no command at all).

Brady
03-01-2010, 13:54
@ foxbat, did you add the second unit of the dragon princes? theres a not very visible x2 before the brackets

Foxbat
03-01-2010, 14:02
@ foxbat, did you add the second unit of the dragon princes? theres a not very visible x2 before the bracketsoops, missed that...previous post revised.

Hammer49
03-01-2010, 17:21
Thanks for the help so far

LKHERO
03-01-2010, 18:21
- Make the Lv.2 a Lv.1 scroll caddy.
- Take no command on the Sword Masters
- Drop the Archers since you already have 2 core.
- The BSB Noble should have a Halberd (he should ALWAYS be mounted if you take the latter banners) and a more expensive banner - either World Dragon or Battle Banner e.g. something that a normal standard bearer can't carry. I recommend Battle Banner.
- Get yourself another bat of Dragon Princes with the points.
- If you want magical attacks, the White Lion champ can hold the Amulet of Light.
- Go from there.