PDA

View Full Version : Miasma of Pestilence vs. Helm of Command

bludsturm
02-01-2010, 12:47
I couldn't find this via a search, so forgive me if I managed to overlook it.

Does the DoC Nurgle Miasma (models in b2b have ws/i/s/t 1 etc) override VC Helm of Command on a b2b unit? The Miasma explanation states it is the models' WS which is reduced to 1, but they're using a VC character's, so I'm not sure which is right.

Thanks!

nosferatu1001
02-01-2010, 13:37
The models characteristic is dropped to 1, and then they use the chartacters WS instead of their own.

No effect.

Taishar
02-01-2010, 14:47
Die off. You have two magical effects that are saying opposite things: one is saying your WS is 1, one is saying its 7. As for the argument before this, you could easily say the WS is transfered, then reduced to 1.

Cheers

nosferatu1001
02-01-2010, 15:00
At no point is "their" weapon skill replaced with the Helm, they use the WS of the Vampire instead.

Their profile will state 1, they will use 6 / 7

rtunian
02-01-2010, 15:17
vc faq answers this

Q: if a friendly undead unit is targetted by an enemy spell or ability which modifies the weaponskill of the unit, and a vampire lord wearing the helm of command wishes to pass his weaponskill onto the unit, which takes precedence? is the units weaponskill considered to be 7 and then modified per the spell or ability, or will they use the vampire lord's weaponskill in such an instance?
A: they will use the lord's ws of 7. we recommend casting on the lord instead!

personally, i think it's a mistake for the question and answer to specify vampire lord since the helm can be worn by any character. a particularly stingy/stubbly lawyer might say that because of this wording, only vampire lords wearing the helm can override hostile weaponskill modifiers. however, my opinion is that the faq author whiffed, and i would apply it to anyone wearing the helm, not just vampire lords, but that's just my interpretation.

sulla
02-01-2010, 23:10
The helm trumps everything as per the FAQ.