PDA

View Full Version : Stopping "Too Horrible to Die" without Fire

Gormereth, the Fearmonger
02-01-2010, 15:12
So reading the rules for the abomination and a few questions have come up about the "Too Horrible to Die" rule:

Is there a specific place to put the marker (i.e. center of the base or anywhere on the base)?

On a role of 6: "It's Alive", does the whole base have to be within 3" of the marker to come back or just one small part?

Based on the answer to the above, is there a way to position units (fast cav and skirmishers mostly) around the abonination such that there would be no place within 3" of that marker that is not also at least 1" away from enemy units?

If the answer to the previous question is "yes", would it follow the same rules as invocation and "the Rat's Emerge" where since you cannot place it, it's just dead regardless of rolling a 6.

Milgram
02-01-2010, 18:38
it could be as well, that the abomination gets an automatic charge on the unit standing on his former position or that it returns as close to the position as possible. examples for this you can find in the TK book as well as in the BRB (scorpion/pursuit off the table).

aaaaand... there is no base size for the abomination. ;)

Nurgling Chieftain
02-01-2010, 18:39
Hmm. Those look like questions for the FAQ, to me, because as far as I can tell you're right, they're not answered in the rules for the Abomination.

Razakel
02-01-2010, 19:26
Hmm. Those look like questions for the FAQ, to me, because as far as I can tell you're right, they're not answered in the rules for the Abomination.

And GW strikes another blow for public relations.

EldarBishop
02-01-2010, 19:59
I think that the Skaven FAQ might end up being bigger then the Skaven armybook :D

Nurgling Chieftain
02-01-2010, 20:32
Or it could be like the 40K Chaos Daemons codex - which never got a FAQ. :D

Razakel
02-01-2010, 20:44
Or it could be like the 40K Chaos Daemons codex - which never got a FAQ. :D

Don't even joke about that, my heart skipped a beat imagining being forced to play against this Skaven army for however long FAQless.

havoc626
02-01-2010, 21:03
Unless they have made the Skaven book with 8th edition in mind, like they did with Orks in 40k for 5th ed. Just a thought with nothing to back up that claim, but it could be something that is happening IF there is no FAQ.

That said, I really want a FAQ.