PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Warriors of Chaos

Dark Fire
02-01-2010, 19:52
Sooooo, some of you may have seen my 1500 list floating around - this would be an expansion )and conversion to all-cavalry).

I'm pretty happy with it - good magic capabilities, basically doing one and two dice flickering fires (plus fireball/fiery blast if rolled) , a few Treasons/Pandaemoniums, whilst having a 4/5 dice Infernal gateway ready to unleash. Nice mark blocking capabilites, a hammer unit of Knights that can absolutely shred anything on the charge - 18 Strength 6 (plus steeds :P) is tasty, and that's before you add in the effects of the Mark of Nurgle - it might be worth switching them to Khorne plus Blasted Standard (to protect versus cannon balls...) - due to possible overkill factor maybe I could afford to drop one from that unit?

I'm aware the Book Sorc. could be switched for something like this for a little extra combat power, chariot and small unit (and warmachine) 'killyness' - should I?:

Exalted Hero (BSB): w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Flail, Book of Secrets, Talisman of Protection

Umm, excess fat - Blood-curdling Roar - a little self indulgence as I love this item - but could swap for 2 Hounds and Light armour on other horsemen (or similar).

Thougt sticking the Sorc. Lord on a Dragon would be too mean for my local gaming - although I think this is quite a hard list.

Be nice to have a few more Warhounds - and if I drop a Knight from the hammer unit I could afford that - what do you think?

2000 Warriors of Chaos

Characters:

Level 4 Sorcerer Lord: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (390)
Golden Eye, Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Hamonculus

Level 2 Sorcerer: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (205)
Power Familiar, Blood curdling Roar

Level 2 Sorcerer: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (210)
Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll

Core:

5 Marauder Horsemen: MofSl., L.armour, Flails, Musician (96)

5 Marauder Horsemen: MofSl., Thr. Axes, Musician (91)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

Special:

6 Knights: MofNu. Std. Bearer: Banner of Rage, Lances (355)

5 Knights: MofNu. Std. Bearer (250)

So, general comments anyway please - and please keep posting on the other one too.

No overall list rewrites please - nor blanket statements without explanation such as give the knights Mark of Khorne they killstuffbad, or - grab an Exalted Hero on Jugger he rocks I've used him lots :D.

I really don't like using many units with frenzy as my whole mindset is based un predictability and reliableness.

Cheer :D

Dark Fire
03-01-2010, 11:34
Gentle bump (apologies moderators) - anyone have any views then - should I grab the flying BSB? Any comments or criticism on the other questions or just generally on the list?

Thank you for any replies.

Poseidal
03-01-2010, 12:01
I've heard great things about the flying BSB. I'm considering one, though my Steed mounted BSB has done me well too.

I generally wouldn't like lances on the Knights, as it costs and ensorcelled weapons are so nice to have.

I'm not that experienced with warriors at the moment myself so take anything I suggest with a grain of salt!

Dark Fire
03-01-2010, 13:32
Lances are just to enhance the hammer unit - I definetly wouldn't take them normally - but against the stuff they'll be targetting (Hydras, Blood Knights, other Heavy cav./well-armed units) they are a must I feel. I should be able to keep them from getting charged hopefully - with all the discs and fast cavalry around.

Dark Fire
04-01-2010, 18:54
Decided to lose the lances anyway - they are maybe slightly useful on a hammer unit, but drop them and I get that unit of warhounds ;).

2000 Warriors of Chaos

Characters:

Level 4 Sorcerer Lord: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (390)
Golden Eye, Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Hamonculus

Level 2 Sorcerer: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (205)
Power Familiar, Blood curdling Roar

Level 2 Sorcerer: MofTz. Disc of Tzeentch (210)
Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll

Core:

5 Marauder Horsemen: MofSl., L.armour, Flails, Musician (96)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

Special:

6 Knights: MofNu. Std. Bearer: Banner of Rage (325)

Ghost Warrior
04-01-2010, 19:22
It's a nice solid list in my opinion. I wouldn't bother with throwing axes, they don't work for me personally, I would give them flails, and Mok( not enough points though obviously) and use them as missiles, line them up with the enemy and watch them go
I would also drop the book and give him the third eye