PDA

View Full Version : Waaagh

scoopdeta
02-01-2010, 20:25
Just another quick question...understand that after casting in the next round of combat you get strike first and reroll to hit...now do you get to reroll to hit that first combat you chager as well or just the next round?

Nurgling Chieftain
02-01-2010, 20:35
Every O&G unit in every combat which takes place in that turn gets ASF and re-rolls to hit. It has no effect in succeeding turns; the spell is over at the end of that player turn. I didn't really understand your question so I hope that answers it. :D

scoopdeta
02-01-2010, 20:40
I get it...the wording just confused me a bit. So you cast it, get into combat and get ASF plus re-rolls that combat...and nothing else.

Nurgling Chieftain
02-01-2010, 20:45
I don't usually hear "and nothing else" in reference to such an immensely powerful spell. :eyebrows:

scoopdeta
02-01-2010, 22:38
I simply mean "nothing else" as in it doesnt carry over to the opponents combat during his next turn if we are still engaged. Indeed it is an amazing spell...especially when you roll the desired distance for each of your units.

Kalandros
02-01-2010, 23:13
It might go off during your opponent's turn if that opponent can miscast on the normal table and roll 5-6 (you get to cast a spell for free at power level of the casting value of that spell, so power level 12!).

Shield of Freedom
03-01-2010, 18:09
also,you may already have orcs in close combat before casting the spell, ASF of course means more to those units. It's still a great spell to cast even if your whole army is already engaged and 2D6" is no longer needed. Precisely for the ASF and reroll.

Kalandros
03-01-2010, 21:40
I'd like to point out that nowhere in the Big WAAAGH spells does it ever state "Always Strikes First" only "Strikes First".