Monks(35) full command, storm banner. 320
Cencers(6). 96
Cencers(6). 96
Gutter runners(8) poison attacks. 136

[Rare]

Hellpit abomination w/ warpspikes. 250

Power dice 9
Dispell dice 6

This list has seen about 18 games and only lost to an empire gunline and another skaven army!!! I'm pretty confident its gonna be solid but if you guys have any ideas they will be considered.

Thanks

Tzeentch Lord X7
03-01-2010, 16:07
what would you do against a blood thirster or prince on a star dragon because you dont really have anything that can kill big monsters besides magic and most daemon/high elf armies have quite a few dispel dice i would consider gettind a few jezzails or a doomwheel.

strateger
06-01-2010, 06:09
This list has seen about 18 games and only lost to an empire gunline and another skaven army!!! I'm pretty confident its gonna be solid but if you guys have any ideas they will be considered.

Must of your oponents must be "Care Bears", your list is not so OP imho.

First you lacks some troops/armor i would play at least one unit of clanrats + one more slaves

Drop 1 gutter runner and add 2 censer. Drop the warspikes, better is the dispel scroll.

How do you play your Priest lvl1 w/ pox rat? if he goes with the giant rats its a little suicidal because of the censor. I suggest you add one magic level and dropping some monks (35 is a bit over the top in my opinion)

Thoras
06-01-2010, 12:04
I've heard a lot of people discounting the Vermin lord purely because you can't make him the army general (and thus pass on Ld7). Personally for the cost i'd change him to a warlord or grey seer and use the points to add slaves/clan rats, but that depends on the flavour of your army.

Agree with the above on the sensor, unless the priest is moving on his own (or skirmishing with plague sensors), i'd drop it.

cr8fulloh8full
07-01-2010, 08:14
what would you do against a blood thirster or prince on a star dragon because you dont really have anything that can kill big monsters besides magic and most daemon/high elf armies have quite a few dispel dice i would consider gettind a few jezzails or a doomwheel.

Yeah your right, I'm pretty much S.O.L against that, in that situation I would try and rely on my vermin lord or hell pit to kill em.

Those would be great additions but I'm sticking to a non ranged theme and more of a crazzy frenzied run up and kill you list!!

Must of your oponents must be "Care Bears", your list is not so OP imho.

First you lacks some troops/armor i would play at least one unit of clanrats + one more slaves

Drop 1 gutter runner and add 2 censer. Drop the warspikes, better is the dispel scroll.

How do you play your Priest lvl1 w/ pox rat? if he goes with the giant rats its a little suicidal because of the censor. I suggest you add one magic level and dropping some monks (35 is a bit over the top in my opinion)

I have considered dropping the slaves and turning them into clanrats for some more armoured troops, but id have to shave off on units I don't wanna shave off.

If anything id just get rid of the poisoned attacks and just add more cencers that way. I need all the gutter runners I can get so I can kill warmachines, and for 15 points, the warpspkies seem pretty amazing to me and I don't think I should drop em

I run the priest on pox rat because he's a fairly cheap fighter. 4 str 6 attacks and can make 4 opponents make toughness tests!! I've actually had someone surround him just about with empire soldiers and he failed all of his toughness tests!! I also like running him up to a unit of chaos warriors with their lord and challenging him while using the vermin hide talisman. In my opinion, he's a usefull character

Also, I like the fact of having a huge group of monks!!

I've heard a lot of people discounting the Vermin lord purely because you can't make him the army general (and thus pass on Ld7). Personally for the cost i'd change him to a warlord or grey seer and use the points to add slaves/clan rats, but that depends on the flavour of your army.

Agree with the above on the sensor, unless the priest is moving on his own (or skirmishing with plague sensors), i'd drop it.

The only reason I don't take a grey seer over a vermin lord is because I can't put him with the monks. I hope that gets F.A.Qed, or I most deffinatly would and use the points on some clanrats.

Thanks for your guys's input!!

crazywhiteboydance
07-01-2010, 13:36
I run a similar list, to great effect I might add :P

Vermin Lord - (lore of pestilence)
Priest - Level 2, Flail, Foul Pendant, Power stone
Priest - Level 2, Warp scroll, taliman of protection, flail
Assassin - warpstone stars

25 Clanrats - full command, shields, doomflayer
20 Slaves - muscian
20 Slaves - muscian
29x PLague Monks - Full Command, Plague Banner
29x PLague Monks - Full Command
8x Censer Bearers (possibly champion)
8x Censer Bearers (possibly champion)
Doomwheel

This hasn't failed me yet. Dont listen to all the pap about the Vermin Lord being **** they're still a greater daemon but they have the added bonus of being able to flee & not suffer static CR death! also 5 s6 attacks doing d3 wounds a piece is nothing to turn your nose at.

I'd also stay away from the furnace as until they're faq'd they're too easy to deal with. Incase you don't know what I'm talking about the Furnace is a monstrous mount & if someone takes out the priest it is forced to leave the plague monk regiment as per the rules for MMs & is then counted as destroyed as per the furnace rules for being without monks.

cr8fulloh8full
08-01-2010, 10:03
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that!! Well that's a good point. I'm sure they'll change that though, at least I hope

Hopefully they'll F.A.Q.
The bit about that the furnace makes plague preists and monks only unbrakable cause id really like to put a grey seer in the unit :(

SilverWarlock
08-01-2010, 14:11
I'd also stay away from the furnace as until they're faq'd they're too easy to deal with. Incase you don't know what I'm talking about the Furnace is a monstrous mount & if someone takes out the priest it is forced to leave the plague monk regiment as per the rules for MMs & is then counted as destroyed as per the furnace rules for being without monks.

Only true if you play against people that are being silly about RAW. The skaven book is completely dysfunctional in its current incarnation and requires common sense to be used (something that rules lawyers are uncomfortable with).

This is much like putting the abomination on a crazy base size or claiming that the Doomwheel can never charge except while out of control. Both the furnace and the bell were clearly never meant to be treated as monstruous mounts (monster reactions for the furnace) or to leave the unit but GW apparently gave the writing of this book to an illiterate intern.

crazywhiteboydance
14-01-2010, 15:31
Only true if you play against people that are being silly about RAW. The skaven book is completely dysfunctional in its current incarnation and requires common sense to be used (something that rules lawyers are uncomfortable with).

This is much like putting the abomination on a crazy base size or claiming that the Doomwheel can never charge except while out of control. Both the furnace and the bell were clearly never meant to be treated as monstruous mounts (monster reactions for the furnace) or to leave the unit but GW apparently gave the writing of this book to an illiterate intern.

1) At any given tourney you'll come up againt rules lawyers who'll try & gain any adavntage in loopholes.

2) As there is no model for an abomination & no set base size (given general consensus is 50mm minimum) you'll get people with abominations on 100mm bases & the like.

3) The Doomwheel can never "charge". You'll never get to declare a charge as its movement is resolved in the compulsory moves part of the movement phase. Units aren't charged they merely get in the way :D

4) I cant remember but I'm sure this silly mount business only effects the furnace & not the bell. Lets just hope we get an FAQ to whip the lawyers into shape soon.