PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of Chaos

Hammer49
03-01-2010, 11:24
Hi. As a new years resolution Im trying to get all my armies painted up to a particular list as Im fed up playing with unpainted models.I have been buying GW model for a long time and have a substantial collection of different armies.
You may see some of my list further down that I posted yesterday.

Would appreciate any help you can give!
Mask of Slaanesh
Herald of Khorne-Juggernaut,Etherblade
Herald of Khorne-Armour Of Khorne
Herald Of Khorne-Armour of Khorne,Standard B, Banner of Unholy Victory

Blood Letters-15,Command, Skull Totem
Bloodletters-15, Command
Daemonettes of Slaanesh-12, Command, Siren Standard
Daemonettes of Slaanesh-12, Command

Flesh Hounds-5, Karanak
Screamers Of Tzeentch-3 X 2units
Flesh Hounds-5

Bloodcruhers Of Khorne-3, Chp

Looking at my list you notice Screamers of Tzeentch standout, and arent really fluffy when compared to the rest of the army. But I wanted to include a couple of units to be able to fly, and I dislike the generic daemon models. Though when the new seekers come out I certainly would swap them with the screamers, as I think the speed of them would make up for the loss of flying.
I also have no shooting in the list, but Im hoping the cavalry,screamers, daemonettes can get across the board quicker enough to reduce the fire for the bloodletters.

Hammer49
05-01-2010, 17:47
Is there anything you would particularly change about this list?

Jind_Singh
05-01-2010, 18:02
yeah - but it depends on what other models you have in the list - could you post the models, including characters, so we can list bash?
many thanks

Hammer49
06-01-2010, 17:29
yeah - but it depends on what other models you have in the list - could you post the models, including characters, so we can list bash?
many thanks

Im not sure what you mean by other models you have in the list. The list is in my first post.

Jind_Singh
06-01-2010, 18:19
whoops, i mean what other models APART from whats in your list do you own!
sorry

Hammer49
06-01-2010, 18:37
I have a demon prince, bloodthirster, and skulltaker. I think thats about it.
Though I dont mind getting a few more models if I have to.
Currently the armylist includes the models I like the look of, and not just the ones that are good on paper.

fubukii
06-01-2010, 18:43
id change the fact you have 2 dispel dice for your army lol :)

id drop karanak
HOK cant have etherblade. give him armor of khorne.
Use 2 units of furies instead of screamers.
Use banner of sundering.

Hammer49
06-01-2010, 18:51
Fubukil- may I ask why the herald of Khorne cant have the etherblade, as in my army book its one of its options, or am I missing something.
I like the sound of the the banner of sundering. Didnt think of using that!

fubukii
06-01-2010, 20:40
Hmm i am mistaken you can actually take the ether blade on a herald of khorne, but its just a worthless choice to be honest, which is why i had over looked that he could have one :)

Your str 6, or 7 with FSB which is cheaper and have killing blow. so -3 or 4 to their save and a chance of killing blow so you pretty much make mincemeat of most armor so why spend 50pts to do something you already do? in addition you really want to have that 0+ save on your herald so never leave home without the armor of khorne, which you can not take with a etherblade.

Hammer49
08-01-2010, 18:12
Thanks Fubukil. That certainly makes pefect sense to me.

macattack428
23-01-2010, 15:49
Great info fellasw, keep it up!

Jind_Singh
23-01-2010, 19:04
DAMMIT! Was writting this long post for this thread and the battery died on the laptop!!

1) Combine the 2 units of deamonettes into a big unit of 20
2) Change the masque for a reg. herald with level 1, etherblade (Or siren song), the masque is ok but her abilites wont be that great in your game (with your list), the normal herald will give you ASF, another dipsel die
3) BSB - Standard of sundering - you need the -2 to cast WAY more than D3 combat - magic will be your bane, espec as its not pure khorne list and you dont have magic resistance coming out your deamon ass!
4) Furies - waaay better than screamers as the screamers dont fit the theme. Use either dark elf harpies (paint them slaaneshi, after all they got boobs and big nips), or use plastic deamonettes with wings
5) FIENDS! You need 3 of them! 12 str4 attacks, ws4, armour piercing, and the buggers move 3d6 and NO one can escape them thanks to their sorphric musk! Yummy! Oh - 20" move too! nice!
6) Karanack and the 3rd herald of khorne - dangerous! with only 5 fleshounds to hide them, both units need only lose 1 models before enemy can pick out the characters - cannons, missle fire, you name it. Be wary! I would drop both and use the points you save on upgrading units, getting more units
7) Skull totem - waste of time! endless war is soooo much better, D6 to the charge is life saving, and line breaking! imagine the look on their face when they think your about 12-14 inches away, and BOOM! BANG!

yeah baby!

Hammer49
24-01-2010, 17:14
Thanks for the help so far.
I have amended the list and hopefully its better. I look forward to hearing your Comments and improvements that can be made.

Herald of Slaanesh-Level 1, Etherblade
Herald of Khorne-Juggernaut,Armour of Khorne, Firestorm blade
Herald Of Khorne-Armour of Khorne,Standard B, Banner of sundering

Blood Letters-16,Command, Icon of Endless war
Bloodletters-15, Command < Std Bearer joins unit
Daemonettes of Slaanesh-20, Command, Siren Standard <Herald of S.. joins unit
Chaos furies-8
Chaos furies-8

Flesh Hounds-5
Flesh Hounds-6

Fiends of slannesh-3
Bloodcruhers Of Khorne-3

Im not sure if I should remove the Flesh hound unit of 5 (175pts). But im not sure what to replace it with.

Jind_Singh
24-01-2010, 20:00
no - the list is fine - but I would reduce the furies to units of 6, the extra 4 models are then used to beef up the bloodletter units - make sure the BSB unit also gets icon of endless war (25pts) so you'll be left with enough to squeeze in 2 more models into the unit.
Otherwise it's excellent - you got lots of great units, it's varied, fast, and will cause people massive headaches BUT isn't all out broken or cheesy - infact its the kind of list people have to think about in order to defeat it, but the power level of this army is a solid mid-tier.
Go knock them out!

Hammer49
25-01-2010, 18:00
Thanks Jind_singh.