PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2250pts

Hammer49
03-01-2010, 11:40
Hi. As a new years resolution Im trying to get all my armies painted up to a particular list as Im fed up playing with unpainted models. You may see some of my list further down that I posted yesterday.

Would appreciate any help you can give!

Im not sure about this list as I think Ive over gone over the top on the vampire lord and the other vampire points wise. Im not sure Im comfortable having that many points tied up in two models.

Vampire Lord- Supernatural Horros, Infinite Hatred, Flyinh Horror,Lord of the Dead, Walachs Bloody Hauberk, Sword of Battle
Vampire-Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of the Lycni, Infinite Hatred, Supernatural Horror
Wight King- Standard B, Banner of the Barrows

Zombi Horde-25, Command, X 2 units
Skeleton Warriors-20, Command, 1 unit standard of Hellish Vigour, X 2 units
Dire wolves-7, X 3 units

Grave Guard-20, Coimmand, Warbanner

Varghulf
Bloodknights-5, Command

Cole Train
03-01-2010, 15:04
Alright I used to play these guys a whole lot before my Empire so lets see what I can think of...

Im not sure about this list as I think Ive over gone over the top on the vampire lord and the other vampire points wise. Im not sure Im comfortable having that many points tied up in two models.

Not at all, VC armies should have a Vamp Lord and 2 Vamps completely maxed out. The thing about counts is that they can afford to do that because they use the first 2 turns to completely raise their armies from the dead and then they still have an army to play even with overloaded characters.

Vampire Lord- Supernatural Horror, Infinite Hatred, Flying Horror,Lord of the Dead, Walachs Bloody Hauberk, Sword of Battle
Not to much to say about this, I usually go for an uber casting lord but if you want to go that way go ahead. I personally would still max him out, and if you are doing combat lord always always always do Red Fury+Dreadlance on some mount. 4 Attacks, auto hit, wound on 2's, then you get 3-4 more attacks, autohit and wound on 2+. I would still make him level 3 to try and get Vanhel's Dance and for that extra magic boost first and second turns.

Vampire-Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of the Lycni, Infinite Hatred, Supernatural Horror

You already have a combat lord. Take 2 Casting Vampires then. You NEEEEEEEEEED magic for VC to work. Dark Acolyte + Lord of the Dead + Flayed Hauberk + Black Peiapt for summoning Skeletons, Master of Black Arts + Sceptre de Noirot for Zombie Summoning

Wight King- Standard B, Banner of the Barrows

Good, but see my comment for the Blood Knights. Another thing however, no matter what the situation, the Royal Standard of Strigos is ALWAYS statistically better than the Banner of the Barrows.

Just in General for All characters, all Vamp Armies should ALWAYS have the Book of Arkhan, it is absolutely amazing, and also the Helm of Commandment on a Vamp and the Black Periapt are both HIGHLY recommended

Zombie Horde-25, Command, X 2 units
Nononononononononononono. Never waste your points on Zombie hordes when you can summon full units of 25 in a single turn with the right Vampire Setup.

Skeleton Warriors-20, Command, 1 unit standard of Hellish Vigour, X 2 units

Take out the standard, it is a waste. Just manage your vampires better. Like the Zombies, there really isnt a reason to take 20 in the unit, just get 2 casting vampires with lord of the dead and raise your units from 15 to full strength during the game.

Dire wolves-7, X 3 units

Good. I love the wolves.

Grave Guard-20, Command, Warbanner

I can see what you are trying to do, but its not going to be a good vampire bunker as it is now. I suggest giving them great weapons and running a Corpse cart behind them to give them ASF. That way if anyone wants to kill your vampire they will just be getting a face full of S6 attacks.

Varghulf

You remember that standard of hellish vigor? This is why you dont need it. This big guy is a vampire! Perfect M8 for running around and allowing things that are out of range to march. Also perfect 5 Attacks at WS5 S5 and hatred for killing missile troops and warmachines. My Varghulf has saved my ass more than once in a game.

Bloodknights-5, Command
Good, but as it is, Very fragile. You might say "NO! they have a 2+ save!" But most missile troops will take out a good number of them before you get into combat. I once lost an entire unit of these to one 6th edition Ratling Gun. Either run the Flag of Blood Keep or the Drakenhof Banner on a BSB with these.

Hammer49
03-01-2010, 17:16
Thanks for the advice. Ill make the changes and post when I get a chance

Hammer49
08-01-2010, 18:22
Heres the revised list 2250 pts. Hopefully its better, and I havent made any stupid mistakes in the equipment and magic items front. The actual list comes to 1pt over the limit, so Id probably reduce 1 of the skeleton units by 1 model.

Vampire lord-Nightmare,Redfury,Supernatural horror,Lord of the dead, Dreadlance,Flayed Hauberk, Black Periapt
Vampire, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, The Cadaverous Cuirass, The Book of Arkhan
Vampire, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment
Wight King- Steed, The flag of blood Keep

Skeletons Warriors-15 Chp,Mus
Dire Woves-5
Dire Woves-5
Dire Woves-5
Corpse Cart

Grave Guard-15- Great Weapons, Command

Varghulf
Blood Knights-5,Std,Mus