PDA

View Full Version : Themed army Idea

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
01-02-2006, 01:32
Hi, I've had a themed chaos lizardmen army for a long time, but then I got rid of it and kindof got out of warhammer. Now I've gotten back into with my chaos lizadmen again, but this time with a twist. I'm going to use the chaos list for it, and use lizardmen models. The fluff for this is during the fall, An oldblood(gyulkus) on the dragon isles became possessed, And along with many of warriors, turned on the slann and killed them. Here are my Ideas for units to represent them.

Gyulkus=daemon prince
exalted champion= This guy (http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=1234&cat=88&page=1)
saurus warriors= Chaos warriors
Flying skinks (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/lemonbay96/?action=view&current=WH10.jpg)= furies
cold one riders= chaos knights
possessed saurus=Bloodletters=These Guys (http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=2145&cat=88&page=1)
thoughts?

edit: heres some fluff

The voice whispered to him. A Faint, incomprehensible gibbering in his head. It had started when the old ones left, a sound in Gyulkus’ head that he neither comprehend nor suppress. Gyulkus looked onward at the endless see of Hellish nightmares. Zlatmundi, the Slann of Gyulkus’ temple-city, had sent Gyulkus and his army out of the city to attack the fell host of chaos filth. He felt his carnosaurs muscles tense beneath his hand as the daemons closed on his position.

“NOW!” Roared Gyulkus.

His skinks, who moments before had been concealed in the brush, burst from they’re hiding place, peppering the daemons with poisoned blowpipes. Gyulkus charged the daemons, crying for the rest of the army to join him. The casualties were massive on both sides, the forest was red with the blood of both sides. Gyulkus finally came upon a massive winged daemon, covered in the blood and sinews of the lizardmen. It was Larger than the carnosaur, and it spread its great leathery wings jumped onto his carnosaur, hacking it into bloody ribbons in moments! By the old ones it was fast! Gyulkus roared his defiance, jumping at the daemon, ready to spill daemonic blood. The daemon was too fast for him however, and swatted him aside with the broad side of its axe. The voice in his head became clear then, finally comprehensible.

“Spill the slanns blood for me, take his skull in my name!”

Seduced by the dark promises this voice assured, Gyulkus threw back his and screamed.

“BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!”

The lizardmen stood nest to the daemons like brothers. Gathered around the circle where Gyulkus and the bloodthirster stood, Gyulkus kneeled before the physical embodiment of his new god.

“Lord, grant me you strength!”

The bloodthirster reached down and, with one great claw, carved the symbol of khorne, the blood god, onto Gyulkus’ chest. Gyulkus started to convulse, The blood from the new wound on his chest coating the ground. Great leathery wings sprung from his back, Coated in blood. Gyulkus smiled as he flexed his new wings. Gyulkus grew greatly, Tons of new muscle forming on his already muscular form, he now Towered over the lizardmen.

“SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!”

speedygogo
01-02-2006, 02:22
Sounds like a cool idea to me. It would make a good army building post that way you could show the concept develop to a painted army.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
01-02-2006, 02:37
Thanks. I'm going to get the daemon prince and convert him this weekend, so once I convert him I'll take a pic and post it here. then I'll probably get some saurus or the reptus captain guy.

Unforgiven
01-02-2006, 09:26
Realy like the champion! the Idea sounds great, you certainly wont have anyone saying its unorigional.

Keller
01-02-2006, 12:48
Its definately a cool idea. I don't normally like Lizardmen that much, but I like this theme. Any ideas of what marks of chaos you will use?

ROCKY
01-02-2006, 20:01
I like the story, Idea but most of all....The essence of chaos in your models! Is it an undivided army? or has it been possesed by one of the big4? plus How big is the army? Oh and will you make chaos STEGADONS?! That would be so exciting! Go chaos, go chaos!

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
01-02-2006, 20:39
It's a khorne army. If I ever get around ot writing the fluff you'll see.As for chaos stegadons, I was thinking of using the engine of the gods for a hell cannon.....

Neknoh
01-02-2006, 21:47
Why wouldn't you include a Dragon rider as your Gyoulkous? He didn't become a Daemonprince, but he leads his horde onwards riding atop his mutated carnosaur.

Think about it... a Carnosaur with two heads and using some very nasty wings (like the Balrog (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99381499003&orignav=16) wings from the Lotr series)

How cool a model wouldn't that be?

Cpt. Drill
01-02-2006, 21:52
GIANT FLYING DINOSAURS!?!?!?!?!

I hope they are fighting robots....

I dont like the champion model as he looks very static...

ROCKY
01-02-2006, 22:40
I can'y wait to see giant mutated dinosaurs!!!!! Go Lassie!

shadowprince
02-02-2006, 00:24
same here, and the guy for the exalted is a gret model friends got him painted looks very good.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
02-02-2006, 01:15
Why wouldn't you include a Dragon rider as your Gyoulkous? He didn't become a Daemonprince, but he leads his horde onwards riding atop his mutated carnosaur.
erm, actually he did, In the new fluff anyways. I've edited it into the first post.

Neknoh
02-02-2006, 05:47
I was reffering to a justification in fluff just in order to make the moddel :p

Sotec
02-02-2006, 16:28
Gyulkus=daemon prince exalted champion
saurus warriors= Chaos warriors
skinks with wings= furies
cold one riders= chaos knights
possessed saurus=Bloodletters

Neat idea.
Would be nice if it was all GW so that it could do a tournament circuit so we could all take a look at it.

Daemon prince would be nicely covered by Be'lakor, swap head for kroxigor.
Saurus warriors with greenstuffed armour would be cool warriors.
Take something with wings like furies and give them skink heads
Cold one riders get more armour.
Possessed saurus perhaps use templeguard and paint very differently from teh rest of the saurus.

Cheers!
Sotec

Adlan
02-02-2006, 16:35
Can't use temple guard without slann, As far as I remember.

Revlid
02-02-2006, 16:55
This is a nice, fairly original idea. (and he's not going to use them as Temple Guard, but as Bloodletters)

The only problem I have is with the fluff.
There are no Slaan on the Dragon Isles.
Because of this the LM have gone feral, no organised ranks of warriors, etc.
Saurus can't be "seduced by Chaos". They can't actually think outside terms of war.

A simple solution is to have Gyulkus possessed by the daemon when he tries to kill him. The corruption spreads, the strongest saurus are also possessed, you've got a Chaos Lizzie army.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
03-02-2006, 02:17
@ revlid- saurus were turned to chaos during the fall, its in the army book.
@sotec-you sepelled sotek wrong! I don't have a local GW store, and my LGS doesnt care too much. If I go to gamedays I'll get real GW models but thats still a ways off.

Fabiusbile
03-02-2006, 09:48
@ Gyulkus

I really like your idea. Could you please post pictures of your units in progress ;)? How do you plan to convert your normal Saurus e.g. the Chaos Warrios? Will you give them chaos shields and trophies or will you convert them with mutations and the like? Are you going to paint their scales in brazz ;)? ( If I remember it correctly, the WD once featured an old Lizardmen army with lots of mutations)

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
03-02-2006, 13:22
I will Post pictures, but I havent converted anything yet. I don't think there will be too many mutations, as this is a khorne army and khorne doesn't mutate(correct me if I'm wrong). I will geive them chaos shields and trophies. I'll also GS some armor onto them. there scales are going to be red, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Neknoh
03-02-2006, 17:39
Khorne does indeed mutate, all chaos followers mutates.

Just think of what Khorne would want, an extra arm, huge muscular package, anything to help in slaying and taking skulls.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
03-02-2006, 17:50
perhaps some scything talons too....... looks like tyranid warriors sprues are needed.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
05-02-2006, 19:41
I posted some pics of gyulkus in the Painting section.