PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids or Dark Eldar?

PariahMagnus
01-02-2006, 02:30
Well I already have about 20 warriors half assembled, a super dusty raider that I will probably have to strip(primed) and 3 speeders assembled. But my friend also has a Tyranid army, some painted that he would sell me dirt cheap. But I've also seen some very good Dark Eldar deals on Ebay since no one plays them.

I like both of the armies fluff and background. I also already have ideas for painting both.

Any one have some advice?

ReDavide
01-02-2006, 02:53
I'm leaning toward dark eldar, but mostly because the dark eldar players I've met have mostly been nice people and skilled opponents.

But in the event of a tie, I'd say do business with the friend instead of the stranger.

kardos
01-02-2006, 03:04
both are good armies, but i would say do bugs for now as they will prob be redoing Dark Eldar soon as the book has alot of crappy stuff in it.

ffclubhero
01-02-2006, 03:07
If you have the $$$, you may think of both, especially if you like both armies and can get a deal on the models.

I've found that it never hurts having an extra army around to lend new players or to sucker a friend in to a new hobby. :)

Datahanska
01-02-2006, 06:07
I'll go for 'nids until dark eldars get a new codex.

I have a dark eldar army but don't use it very much.

hootier
01-02-2006, 06:09
I vote Tyranids because the new Carnifex is soooo cool!

Sayu
01-02-2006, 06:15
I vote 'Nids. Amazing models, cinematic and well-supported.

AgentZero
01-02-2006, 07:41
Nids would probably be easier to use.
DE need a new Codex and who knows when that'll happen.
Even if it's being combined into the Eldar Codex, that's still a century away.

Do both if you have the cash:p

Good luck either way!

Chem-Dog
01-02-2006, 08:48
I'd say pick both, that way you can swing between the two as your mood dictates, I'd certainly not turn down a good deal on models if the price was right.

Jellicoe
01-02-2006, 08:52
Go Dark Eldar, an unusual army that few encounter which gives an element of surprise. requires tactical acumen and thought as opposed to some of our MEQ friends.

The codex may be needing a revamp but this will not be for a good old while so I wouldnt worry about that. Only down side is the model range which is to put it kindly 'tired'

Bestest advice of all - both!

Danger Rat
01-02-2006, 09:15
If you can afford it both, but if not go with the great devourer.

Colonial Rifle
01-02-2006, 09:42
DE need some love! I actually think they have more character than the bugs + DE are a real test of your generalship. DE can be a seriously nasty force in the right hands.

Dark Muse
01-02-2006, 12:15
As a DE player I would say... Nids. DE are a fun army and my favorite. Right now though they are very tough to play and quite a few of the models leave a lot to be desired. Most of the line really needs to be redone.

As a first army DE are an interesting choice though if you decide that route. Just expect to lose quite a bit till you get the hang of how they play.

darkeldarplayer
01-02-2006, 17:29
I really like tyranids ande dark eldar. If you want a cold, impersonal swarm of killing machines go for the 'nids. If you want to have characters choose dark eldar. Its the largest reason I chose dark eldar over tyranids.

Lu Bu
02-02-2006, 00:00
Dark eldar players are rare were nids are not so rare. Most people like to play against something new. If you play Dark eldar you will most likely play more games. People are afraid of nids. I played nids for about 3 months and did not get many games, but once i switch to tau evary one and there mom wants a game.