PDA

View Full Version : War of the Rings forums?

warpmaster
04-01-2010, 20:50
Anyone got any links to forums that just deal with the WotRs miniature game?

Cheers Darren

04-01-2010, 21:04
Don't know of any WotR-specific sites. Since The Last Alliance blew up, there's only The One Ring UK and here.

lotrchampion
04-01-2010, 22:29
TLA is still alive, in the rebuilding process, and has a temporary forum with a WotR-specific section. Probably not 100% what you're looking for, but I don't know of anywhere that deals purely with WotR.

http://www.terrainguild.com/thelastalliance/index.php

Enjoy!

Hero adamite
04-01-2010, 23:11
what happened to The Last Alliance's original forums? What do you mean they blew up?

LuciusAR
04-01-2010, 23:28
As far as I'm aware the hosting fee's didn't get paid for a while and so the web host simply deleted the content.

05-01-2010, 00:26
As far as I'm aware the hosting fee's didn't get paid for a while and so the web host simply deleted the content.

That's what I meant by "It done blowed up".

LotR Champ - sorry for the bad info. I had forgotten about the webomancy efforts. Lots of great material archived there once upon a time. How much have you all be able to recover?

lotrchampion
05-01-2010, 00:34
Yeah, what LuciusAR said. Actually the original owner of the site consistently paid fees late for some time, and eventually the hosts got fed up when another bill went unpaid and pulled the plug full time. He was a great guy, but unfortunately after he lost interest in the site, he refused to hand it over to those with a more active interest in the site's future. Unfortunate, but not the end of it.

Avatar, a number of hard working contributors have been trawling through cached pages and getting in contact with old article writers to restore as many former articles as possible. Although the forums are lost, much of the information that was on the site as articles will be restored. We currently have the kind efforts of Dagorlad from One Ring in rebuilding a new site for TLA, although obviously due to the wonders of real life, his other online commitments with OR, and the fact that he's kindly doing it all for free, it's taken some time. However, I hear that the new site will be going live within the next month or 2 hopefully. In the meantime, all discussion on the temporary forums will be ported to the new site, so anything said and discussed their won't be wasted in the change over. With luck, we'll be back to normal service soon! =)

Shrapnelsmile
05-01-2010, 02:06
please post here when the site is fully functional again. Thanks.

tezdal
27-01-2010, 08:25
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/

Best lotr site I've found, has a WOTR specific forum doohickey too.