PDA

View Full Version : Giants attack of pick up and...

kalabor106
05-01-2010, 07:32
When a giant picks up and eats/squash a character with a armour and/or
ward save.
Does the character get to make an armour/ward save against these two
giant attacks.
It says nothing about saves and nothing about canceling out saves.
so if you could answer this it would be great, so I can play my giant
to his full potential

Thanks

Lord of Skulls
05-01-2010, 07:48
Armour and Ward saves only work against "wounds".
The attacks you mention do not inflict any wounds, they simply remove the model from play. So there is nothing to try to save...

Milgram
05-01-2010, 09:46
indeed, no saves alowed.

kalabor106
07-01-2010, 01:01
Oh that's right, I should have known that!:rolleyes:
Well, thanks for clearing that up!!!:)

T10
07-01-2010, 12:18
And by the same logic, eating or squashing a multiple-wound model earns the Giant +0 points of combat resolution...

-T10

Urgat
07-01-2010, 13:57
Well, you can't always expect to have the butter AND the dairywoman :p

rtunian
07-01-2010, 18:36
which doesn't matter to the giant, because it's stubborn ld10. 1-3 wounds wouldn't really do much for cr anyway... it's not even enough to surpass full scr. again, the giant doesn't care. if he is more interested in acquiring unwilling trouser inhabitants instead of swinging his club and contributing to winning the battle, that's his perogative as a giant :p

The_Bureaucrat
07-01-2010, 21:32
Actually the giant does get the CR as per WOC faq.
Q. If a Giant ‘Squashes’ or ‘Eats’ a model, how
many points of combat resolution does the
Giant score?
A. Treat this as a Killing Blow, so the Giant
would score a number of points equal to the
victim’s remaining wounds.

Shadow Rider
07-01-2010, 21:43
Yep. Stupid FAQ's :(

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
07-01-2010, 21:56
Yep. Stupid FAQ's :(

Stupid, or helpful? At least for those that use Giants.

Shadow Rider
08-01-2010, 01:04
Bit of both perhaps. Some of the FAQ's go against what you would think logically.

xragg
08-01-2010, 01:23
The FAQ on this makes sense to me. The model disappearing is still demoralizing to those still around. Just because he was stuffed into a pair of pants instead of bashed in the head, its still rather scary.

Storak
08-01-2010, 08:07
come on, were you really playing this as not counting as combat result?

isn t that poor giant bad enough already?

heaven sake, he can t win a combat, unless jumping up or down or with the yel result, and both those have significant disadvantages!

stubborn on Ld10 is NOT a safe roll!

rtunian
08-01-2010, 12:33
i'd say a 91.66% chance of success is pretty safe.
i know you like to bemoan the state of o&g, storak, but the giant is not a weak point of the list.

Storak
08-01-2010, 12:49
i'd say a 91.66% chance of success is pretty safe.
i know you like to bemoan the state of o&g, storak, but the giant is not a weak point of the list.

a nearly 10% chance is not safe, especially for a creature that loses nearly all combats.

the giant is weak. it is really bad against shooting and not strong in combat either.

the giant occasionally shows up in O&G lists, because he can do things, that nothing else in the army can. (terror, act outside the generals LD bubble, combat value on low frontage, immune to fear/terror)

how many chaos giants have you seen in competitive lists?

Urgat
08-01-2010, 13:55
Bit of both perhaps. Some of the FAQ's go against what you would think logically.

Logical if you follow raw, but not rai :)

Anyway, enough with the "the giant don't care he is Ld10 and stubborn" >> I can tell you my giant has broken out of combat way too often for me to say that he doesn't not care.
Really, the giant is a hard hitter, rather efficient (in an OnG army), you don't throw him in a losing fight thinking "he won't run anyway!".
It's like those people who go "he's cool he's drawing all the canon fire". Yeah, awesome, instead of shooting the giant, the canons could have killed half a rank of orcs or gobs, omg, I'm so glad he picked the giant instead!

What the frack >>

bah, anyway, I used my giants to feed my trolls :p