PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Lizzie army more or less allcomers

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 15:28
Hi guys I'm trying to make an allcomers list probably gonna play this against DE. Supposedly against Ogres but I really dont think this build can take on ogres.

Please comment freely on how you see it

Here it goes:

Slann 445
-Focus of Mistery (knows an entire lore)
-Focused Rumination (extra dice each cast attempt)
-Cube of Darkness
-DS
-Plaque of Portetion
-War Banner - BSB

Sk Priest 435
-EOTG
-Lvl2
-Plaque of Tepok (+1 spell)
-War Drums of Xahutec (+1 LD, no march block)

Sk Chief 143
-Terradon
-LA + Sh + Spear
-Staff of the Lost Sun (mega short bow, multiple shots)
-Bane Head (double wounds against a specific character)

Sk Chief 109
-LA + Sh
-Sword of Striking (+1 to hit)
-Cloak of Feathers (fly)

20 Spear Suari 264
-without musician

16 Temple Guard ti
-without musician
-Sun Standard (-2 or -1 to shooting)

10 skink skirmishers 70
no command

10 skink skirmishers 70
no command

4 Terradon raiders 120

Total 2.000 points.

What do you say? I play to play it once or twice to surprize a couple people with the flying skink bomb chief to hunt mages or running units, etc. Meha harrass. Stick em close to the EOTG for the extra LD wit re-roll and beef em to 5 with the heroe to take a punch and tell the tale.

What do you think guys?

The_Bureaucrat
05-01-2010, 17:47
I have a hard time seeing the use of the second skink chief (109 point one). He would be better off with sword of might and even still he lacks the hitting power to bring down a unarmored DE mage on average.

I think you'd be better off with 3 more teradons, another skink priest or a scar vet.

Malorian
05-01-2010, 17:56
"Sk Chief 143
-Terradon
-LA + Sh + Spear
-Staff of the Lost Sun (mega short bow, multiple shots)
-Bane Head (double wounds against a specific character)"

This character is interesting but I don't know how well it will work...

Gork or Possibly Mork
05-01-2010, 19:19
I agree with others here. The terri chiefs look ok on paper but there not all that great most of the time.

I'd trade both in for 2 single salamander hunting packs ( with extra handler if you can spare the points ) and another skink unit.

Why do you have Divine plague of protection ( assuming that's what you meant by Plaque of Portetion). It's nearly useless unless your going lone Slann. He gets a look out sir so it's not needed. Swap that for Becalming Cogitation if you can spare the other 20 points.

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 19:24
hmm good idea probably swapping the bane head and the 109 skink Chief for a Scar Vet with HCO 2HW. Gotta see where can I spare a couple more points though :S

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 19:27
I agree with others here. The terri chiefs look ok on paper but there not all that great most of the time.

I'd trade both in for 2 single salamander hunting packs ( with extra handler if you can spare the points ) and another skink unit.

Why do you have Divine plague of protection ( assuming that's what you meant by Plaque of Portetion). It's nearly useless unless your going lone Slann. He gets a look out sir so it's not needed. Swap that for Becalming Cogitation if you can spare the other 20 points.

Ups got the name wrong

My fellow rivals have balistas, trebuchets, flaming cranium catapults and those sort of nasty things. So I still believe in it

Gork or Possibly Mork
05-01-2010, 20:03
Ups got the name wrong

My fellow rivals have balistas, trebuchets, flaming cranium catapults and those sort of nasty things. So I still believe in it

Look out sir fails on a 1 only=16.6 % chance to fail each time your hit which odds are won't be much if at all. Then you have T4, 5 wounds and if that fails a 4+WS
from shield of the oldones=50% chance to save.

Still say it's a waste unless your going lone Slann.

I've played over 40 7th ed LM games with a Slann against various armies many of them very shooty and he's yet to die from shooting.

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 20:18
Look out sir fails on a 1 only=16.6 % chance to fail each time your hit which odds are won't be much if at all. Then you have T4, 5 wounds and if that fails a 4+WS
from shield of the oldones=50% chance to save.

Still say it's a waste unless your going lone Slann.

I've played over 40 7th ed LM games with a Slann against various armies many of them very shooty and he's yet to die from shooting.

I'm converterd brother. That's just the amount of points need to pull the hide of the cold ones on the scar vet

Gork or Possibly Mork
05-01-2010, 20:23
I'm converterd brother. That's just the amount of points need to pull the hide of the cold ones on the scar vet

Actually there's a 20 point difference between the two items but that fellows really nasty bear's anger'ed.:D

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 20:40
Actually there's a 20 point difference between the two items but that fellows really nasty bear's anger'ed.:D

I'm also taking into account dropping the cloak'd skink chief in favor of the scar vet with the armour and a 2HW (just in case). That's just a couple of points more. I could even drop a terradon and consider a salamander maybe

Gork or Possibly Mork
05-01-2010, 20:59
I'm also taking into account dropping the cloak'd skink chief in favor of the scar vet with the armour and a 2HW (just in case). That's just a couple of points more. I could even drop a terradon and consider a salamander maybe

Sorry I see what you were saying now. I prefer a great weapon on the vet to pop chariots, chew through armour etc.

Salamanders are great they can be a little hit or miss but against infantry blocks and sometimes knights ( especially if you get a flank shot off ). there amazing. The panic test is also nice especially if you have terries near to mop up. Not too shabby as combat support either. Really the threat of them alone is enough for me to take them all the time.

My friends have come to dread them and that helps take a little pressure off of other units.

Alltaken
05-01-2010, 21:51
sorry I also meant Great Weapon. I'm very used to Mordheim where you call them 2handed weapons rather than great weapons