PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Daemon list - soft, hard, or just right?

kaubin
05-01-2010, 15:00
I picked up the daemon book as me and a friend were intending on switching up army lists for a game, and looking at the book, I tried to thematize the list Nurgle-Slaanesh, as they are my two favourite gods (Slaanesh for what he stands for and Nurgle for personality :D ). I just wanted some advice. I don't want the list to be too hard, as I hear that's a problem with Daemons, and I want it to be a fun game for both of us. Here's what I got so far...

GUO lvl 3, Nurgling Infestation, Trappings of nurgle 635
Herald of Nurgle lvl 1 on Palanquin, Noxious Vapours 240
Herald of Nurgle lvl 1 on Palanquin, Noxious Vapours 240

Characters 1115

2 X 16 Plague Bearers, full command 444
2 X 10 Dawemonettes 240
2 X 5 Furies 120

Core 804

3 Nurgling 105

Special - 105

2 X 2 Fiends of Slaanesh 220

Rare - 220

Total - 2246

Hopefully with this set up I can have decent but not excessive magic, war machine hunters, strong anvils with daemonette "detachments", and the GUO has a nurglins unit next to him that increases by one base per turn, that can provide a flank charge if the GUO gets charged by something with lots of static CR. I'm mostly worried about the list being too hard.

Tzeentch Lord X7
05-01-2010, 16:51
people will complain about the 2 plaguebearer blocks but other than that the list is kind of balanced.

Jind_Singh
05-01-2010, 18:05
if you want a challange you could also drop the trappings of nurgle - that would mean that the GUO is still a beast with 10 wounds but no armour save or regen.
Shame you dont have another model to act as a herald of slaanesh - I'd also drop both units of deamonettes into a mega unit of 20 - much better. deamonettes more so that the other core units rely on numbers and static combat res to hold the day - espec if theres no herald in there.
It will also provide another distraction for the enemy - as a smaller unit of 10 - not really a threat.
unit of 20 with full command - that will grab attention!

do you have any other nurgle/slaanesh models that you have access to?

fubukii
05-01-2010, 18:17
id say its pretty balanced overal.

Witchblade
05-01-2010, 21:20
id say its pretty balanced overal.
Agreed. No :cheese:.

kaubin
05-01-2010, 21:29
if you want a challange you could also drop the trappings of nurgle - that would mean that the GUO is still a beast with 10 wounds but no armour save or regen.
Shame you dont have another model to act as a herald of slaanesh - I'd also drop both units of deamonettes into a mega unit of 20 - much better. deamonettes more so that the other core units rely on numbers and static combat res to hold the day - espec if theres no herald in there.
It will also provide another distraction for the enemy - as a smaller unit of 10 - not really a threat.
unit of 20 with full command - that will grab attention!

do you have any other nurgle/slaanesh models that you have access to?

Im not sure which models he as to tell the truth, for now we just traded books, although if that problem were to arise we ll just proxy. I dont see the point of ASF on Slaanesh models, as they have high movement and initiative, ASF just seems redundant as they should be striking first anyways. I want the units of 10 to flank after the plaguebearers tie up a unit, they aren`t really there to be "scary".

Jind_Singh
06-01-2010, 07:07
the main reason ASF is great for them is that they are immune to psych and sometimes have to take unpleasant charges.

one of the only few weakness a DoC army has is that the opposing player dictates his own charge phase - as he knows only hold.
Were this weakness means nothing is the DoC units to just sit there, absorb the damage, and then hit right back....Deamonettes though need the ASF as it makes their unit from so-so to super! Turns them into a true workhorse unit as you have no fears of rushing the unit right into peoples faces, forcing charges, and then still hitting them hard! Herald with etherblade or many armed monstrosity is awesome as she racks up kills, the unit adds combat res (and few kills here and there)