PDA

View Full Version : Starting up 2250 Lizzies, a few concerns with my list...

Amornar
06-01-2010, 06:42
Finally going to start up my lizardmen army after months of my carnosaur looking rather lonely on my shelf. Currently I only own my general, the saurus, skinks, cavalry, and the razordon so I am only committed to those units. But I am a little concerned about the krox. They are not as powerful as they used to be and im worried their points could be better spent else where, but I don't know what I would replace them with. I have toyed around with changing the anvil temple guard out for just saurus, but its not that many points for a lot less survivability, with my BSB I feel it is a VERY solid anvil...as long as it sees combat.

My regular opponents are all doing new armies. One is doing new skaven, not sure what his list is but I know the bell is in it. Another is starting new beastmen next month (currently running a wood elf list with a dragon). And a third is undecided, but will prob go with either tomb kings or orcs.

I don't want to make a tailored list, but those will be my main opponents.

Lizardmen 2249

Oldblood: 455 pts.
Blade of Realities
Enchanted Shield
Light Armour
Carnosaur

Scar Veteran: 169 pts.
Great Weapon
Shield
Cold One Armor
BSB

Skink Priest: 440 pts.
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Diadem of Power
Engine of the Gods

10 Skinks: 50 pts.
Javelins & Shields

10 Skinks: 50 pts.
Javelins & Shields

12 Skink Skirmishers: 84 pts.
Blowpipes

14 Temple Guard: 259 pts.
Full Command

12 Saurus Warriors: 162 pts.
Standard Bearer
Musician
Spears

5 Saurus Cavarly: 175 pts.

3 Kroxigors: 165 pts.

3 Terradons: 90 pts.

1 Salamander: 75 pts.

1 Razordon: 75 pts.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Cheers,

Amornar

Amornar
07-01-2010, 02:47
/crickets...

LKHERO
07-01-2010, 07:01
Drop the Kroxigors, Salamander, Razordon and Temple Guard for more Warriors :)

If you're going to take a non-Slann list, you want another EotG in there.

Amornar
08-01-2010, 05:21
My problem with more warriors is that they are too slow and not that maneuverable, if you can get them into combat they own, but that's a pretty big if sometimes. Hence why I have krox which are faster.

I know this list is rather thin on magic but I do have an alternate list that uses a Slann for when I feel the need to melt some faces. If I go to two steggys I also feel that my army would be tiny and quickly surrounded. Esp with no flank deterrents like razordons.

I am open to loosing the krox, but I just don't feel like warriors will be a better option esp when I already have a group. Or maybe I am just not seeing them right....

magicmonkey
09-01-2010, 16:35
take another stegadon instead of the krox and temp guard

Naestran
09-01-2010, 19:11
I would take out the krox and beef up the saures and TG, if you took the saures up to 18 and the TG up to 17 i think that would work better as having a stronger anvil to lock your army in place. :D

I would also replace the razordon with another sallie and have one on each flank burninating things as LoNC says, the Carnie and Cav are a good hammer to your Saures anvil, at least thats how i use them :p
:D