PDA

View Full Version : Rumoured Incoming Tyranid Upgrade Packs

sayles78
06-01-2010, 14:57
Came accross this thread on another Tyranid related forum. If true, this is PREETY DARN GOOD NEWS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Conqueror: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:59 pm Post subject: Rumored incoming packs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heard this from a regional manager regarding the new codex; figured you'd all want to know.

Perhaps as early as feb we'll have upgrade packs out to help us fill holes we have for options.

And by christmas we should see a mycetic spore model.

enjoy!

Hive Fleet Fafnir

disdainful
06-01-2010, 15:05
Interesting... did he mention whether it was going to be a boxed set a'la the templars upgrade set, or something from online direct?

reds8n
06-01-2010, 15:08
Hmm.. I know they are making available some of the existing Tyranid sprues (..again ? )..but it would be cool if brand new stuff was being released as well. Those are direct only of course.

sayles78
06-01-2010, 15:18
Interesting... did he mention whether it was going to be a boxed set a'la the templars upgrade set, or something from online direct?

Not sure. My post was exactly as it appeared in the other forum, so I dont have any other details. I HOPE that it is like the SW upgrade frame, where 1 frame has bits for several different units, but I really dont know.

The Custodian
06-01-2010, 15:21
Here's hopin it will have boneswords, mostly for warriors but right handed MC ones would be lovely...

Adyger
06-01-2010, 16:23
Here's hopin it will have boneswords, mostly for warriors but right handed MC ones would be lovely...

Boneswrods would definitely be at the top of my list. For me, they're like the new scything talons, which I don't see as being great anymore. Boneswords or the template weapon option for gaunt squads...that'd be nice to see as well. Maybe an offering similar to the battlewagon upgrade sprue. Honestly, I thought the redone boxes of gaunts would have a new option sprue reminiscent of the one with eldar weapons that got added to boxes which were part of hte existing line already.

MajorWesJanson
06-01-2010, 18:05
Hopefully they include warrior wings too.

Clang
06-01-2010, 18:54
I can certainly see GW marketing some of the existing nid sprues separately as 'upgrades'. And a few metal add-ons would also make sense, e.g. boneswords as mentioned above - in most cases the bits already exist so it's easy enough for GW to collect them into new 'upgrade packs'. I'm hoping we also see some brand new bits, but we still have no idea what might be in a second wave of nid models - spore pods? tervigons?

FuzzyOrb
06-01-2010, 19:11
A little OT, but then again:
If you want cool pairs of boneswords for warriors, just cut the
scything-talons-arms on the wrists and attach the talons the other way around. This way, you'll have cool saber-like swords for them.;)

MajorWesJanson
06-01-2010, 21:04
I can certainly see GW marketing some of the existing nid sprues separately as 'upgrades'.

They already sell some of the nid sprues direct, mainly the biomorphs and MC weapons sprues.

chaos0xomega
06-01-2010, 23:58
A little OT, but then again:
If you want cool pairs of boneswords for warriors, just cut the
scything-talons-arms on the wrists and attach the talons the other way around. This way, you'll have cool saber-like swords for them.;)

or you could get the metal bits from the tyrant kit, cut off the arms, place the boneswords in the rending claws that come on the TMC sprue, do some light GS work, and youre good.

puppetmaster24
07-01-2010, 00:02
i dought they would have warror wings. it would clash with forgeworlds wings.

Zanzibarthefirst
07-01-2010, 00:08
if they do a sprue with a few bonesowrds on i'd be happy. As early as Feb, that sounds a bit unlikely but we'll have to wait and see. i imagine this will be somethign that GW just spring onto is, its not like they like to show us things in advance in order to drum up interest

Edonil
07-01-2010, 00:11
or you could get the metal bits from the tyrant kit, cut off the arms, place the boneswords in the rending claws that come on the TMC sprue, do some light GS work, and youre good.

And that saves you zero money, unlike the other plan...

brassangel
07-01-2010, 00:16
Seeing as how every army is getting multiple waves nowadays (2837598 for Orks), I wouldn't be surprised to see more than just the new models that come with the release.

Upgrade packs for the Gaunts, Warriors, and Carnifex kits come to mind. That way, weapon and biomorph options, as well as parts to better outfit a Tervigon, Harpy, etc.

chaos0xomega
07-01-2010, 00:21
And that saves you zero money, unlike the other plan...

Well, I neglected to include the part that would save you money, but whatever.

Rick Blaine
07-01-2010, 01:22
Surely it isn't that hard to carve a blade out of plasticard...

TheWarSmith
07-01-2010, 01:50
i dought they would have warror wings. it would clash with forgeworlds wings.

That's a fairly weak argument. There are other things that FW have made that competed with forgeworld. I don't think GW keeps FW in mind too often when deciding what models to make.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
07-01-2010, 02:08
I doubt Studio would care too much about stepping on FW toes either. It's not like it hasn't already happened the other way round.

chaos0xomega
07-01-2010, 02:41
you mean its not like it hasnt already happened...
...trygon, tau pirahna, skyray, baneblade/shadowsword + variants....

Maxis Lithium
07-01-2010, 03:51
I r3eally hope they do a Swarm Lord upgrade sprue, or atleast a left and right bone sword. Basic bone swords for Tyrant and Warriors would be very interesting.

TheWarSmith
07-01-2010, 06:13

Valkyrie, battle wagon, drop pod, black templar upgrade pack(for rhino/lr doors), etc.

MadHatter
07-01-2010, 08:15
i would never put much faith in what a manager or regional manger tells you about product. the one i worked for when i was a red shirt told people including the staff that the new 40k demons were gonna be able to ally with the choas marines.
and when i mentioned something about it after i saw the new codex he looked at me and used the apoc. book as his justification for what he said. but he knew in what context the kids and others were taking what he siad. and they got mad at me for his lies.

Mewy
07-01-2010, 08:29

Hard? No. Tedious, boring, annoying? Extremely! Especially since I can see people taking advantage of the new warriors and guard rules :D

i would never put much faith in what a manager or regional manger tells you about product. the one i worked for when i was a red shirt told people including the staff that the new 40k demons were gonna be able to ally with the choas marines.
and when i mentioned something about it after i saw the new codex he looked at me and used the apoc. book as his justification for what he said. but he knew in what context the kids and others were taking what he siad. and they got mad at me for his lies.

Agree with this 110%. Who would have thought that a GW staffer would give missleading information to gain sales... :shifty:

silverstu
07-01-2010, 10:29
An upgrade sprue with the new weapon options and perhaps rending claws would be excellent. I'd expect metal bitz packs though as that would be easier for them to do, of they are doing it all. Claws crossed for some extra plastic goodies though..

Kaelarr
07-01-2010, 11:35
With regards to the warriors wings; you know the gargoyle wings are designed to fit the warriors perfectly right?

Rirekon
07-01-2010, 11:41
With regards to the warriors wings; you know the gargoyle wings are designed to fit the warriors perfectly right?

Say what? Seriously?

ThePope
07-01-2010, 11:42
Say what? Seriously?

My FLGS was going to use 4 of them on each warrior on my suggestion, makes them look like a sort of deadly dragonfly very cool imo.

Rick Blaine
07-01-2010, 11:48

You must have seen some different Gargoyles than everybody else, because the wings on the actual plastic Gargoyles are completely incompatible with Warriors, not to mention way too small.

ThePope
07-01-2010, 12:00
You must have seen some different Gargoyles than everybody else, because the wings on the actual plastic Gargoyles are completely incompatible with Warriors, not to mention way too small.

Bee's wings are far to small for them to fly yet they still do? 4 Wings in a dragon fly form look ace imo.

Avian
07-01-2010, 12:10
Bee's wings are far to small for them to fly yet they still do?
That is a popular misunderstanding. As bees do fly the wings are the right size.

Dragonfly Warriors would look interesting, though.

ThePope
07-01-2010, 12:13
That is a popular misunderstanding. As bees do fly the wings are the right size.

What I mean is size to body mass ratio isn't quite a reasoning for "way to small" as wing size can be countered by speed (230bps or so) and motion of the wings (90 degree arc) as it is in Bees I just worded it terribly.

Messiah
07-01-2010, 15:36
What I mean is size to body mass ratio isn't quite a reasoning for "way to small" as wing size can be countered by speed (230bps or so) and motion of the wings (90 degree arc) as it is in Bees I just worded it terribly.

The misunderstanding is because bees wings are too small to glide, not fly..

http://www.faktoider.nu/cgi-bin/visa.cgi?sida=humlan_kz.html

http://www.faktoider.nu/cgi-bin/visa.cgi?sida=humlan.html

First link has english text at bottom.

Clang
07-01-2010, 19:48
Using 2 pairs of gargoyle wings would certainly be the simplest and cheapest option, presuming a single pair looks too weedy (ignoring the bee argument :) ) From a fluff perspective, there may be problems keeping the warriors to their official 6 limbs - some people couldn't care less about this but it's something I like to keep with all my nid conversions. Depending on what weapons the warrior is carrying, this may not be a problem anyway, especially if you can model a wing to also carry a weapon.

Zanzibarthefirst
07-01-2010, 20:07
wings can laways double up as scything talons so that may cover your 6 limbs issue

ThePope
07-01-2010, 20:23
From a fluff perspective, there may be problems keeping the warriors to their official 6 limbs - some people couldn't care less about this but it's something I like to keep with all my nid conversions.

Thing is though, nids are meant to be the ultimate evolves yeah? Seen this pop up quite a bit about keeping to what the fluff says the look like etc but well nids must be a massively diverse race with many many many many genetic throw offs, could say they ate a Vespid and grew some more wings or something :P

Souleater
07-01-2010, 22:07
I agree with the Pope - the Hivemind should be able to simply give the creature in question as many limbs as it needs for its job. My Winged Warriors have eight limbs.

OT: Be nice to see an useful and inexpensive upgrade kit for Nids.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
07-01-2010, 23:26

No, I mean when FW were told not to do any Space Wolves and did the Terminator upgrade parts anyway.

MajorWesJanson
08-01-2010, 00:50
The FW Space Wolf terminator torsos have been around for years, probably well before SW came up in the codex rotation.

Azzy
08-01-2010, 05:32
And considering that FW is owned by GW, they can't release anything that GW doesn't want them to release.

Marrak
08-01-2010, 08:05
Hey guys. :)

I was the one who posted that in that other forum about this.

I can tell you that the statement was an answer regarding upgrade packs for boneswords and lashwhips for warriors. He didn't directly state that's what was coming, but take that for what you will.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
08-01-2010, 22:21
The FW Space Wolf terminator torsos have been around for years, probably well before SW came up in the codex rotation.

Yes they have but when the resin torsos got released was just after they started working on them. That was what the rumours around HQ were at the time anyway.

On another note, personally I am hoping we get the new weapons for the Gaunts that are going to be in the list.

Caribou_powa
08-01-2010, 23:09
Ask my red polo in France, he says that it's unlinkly.

But he says that the warrior box will change and hopefully with all the bitz needed in it.

If i recall correctly, the last plastic box have near all the option include for the precedent release, so let's hope....

Lazarus15
09-01-2010, 08:18
If you can get a hold of the old 3rd ed lictor scything talons....they work well, cut off at the stem and glued upside down on lash whips arms of the current tyrant.

azimaith
09-01-2010, 08:23
A forgeworld tyrant makes a good alpha warrior too. Its considerably smaller than the current tyrant with a warrior style headcrest and all.

Marrak
09-01-2010, 09:50
A forgeworld tyrant makes a good alpha warrior too. Its considerably smaller than the current tyrant with a warrior style headcrest and all.

Wait, the forgeworld one is smaller than the current Tyrant? :wtf: The thing looks huge!

does anyone have a comparison shot? I was tempted to use the old 3rd ed tyrant for a harpy, I dunno seems like it'd be a little tall for an alpha warrior.

azimaith
09-01-2010, 11:27
Shorter and skinnier. The new tyrant looks like a brick and about that size. The FW tyrant is like the old alien head tyrant in size.

bjweikel
09-01-2010, 16:21

How about the original Hive Tyrant model as an Alpha Warrior? It's about the same size as the Warriors now but still looks like a mini-version of the current Tyrant model. I'm thinking a couple of Warrior-sized boneswords from the new upgrade pack could make this a workable.

chaos0xomega
09-01-2010, 18:11
We dont even know if an upgrade pack is really coming, let alone if there will be warrior sized boneswords on it.

silverstu
09-01-2010, 23:56
I seem to remember stickmonkey mentioning a biomorph sprue on one of the nid threads. It was generally thought that this was one of the existing sprues "re-released", but perhaps it was something new. i imagine if it is coming we might here something after the codex is released. There has been no mutterings of a second wave yet and nothing too solid on what is coming with the new missions book[I think- i haven't been paying much attention..]. Might be a while off if it is coming..

Tzeentch2003
10-01-2010, 13:37
How about the original Hive Tyrant model as an Alpha Warrior? It's about the same size as the Warriors now but still looks like a mini-version of the current Tyrant model. I'm thinking a couple of Warrior-sized boneswords from the new upgrade pack could make this a workable.

I use a bunch of the old tyrants as tyrant guard, and I imagine they would do well as alpha warriors.

Jarogr
10-01-2010, 15:19
I made my alpha warrior from 2nd edition tyrant with few changes (resculpted the head and the tail - which i think is ugly :P) and he's doing well.

InsanitySektor
11-01-2010, 22:26
:( Sigh... I wish they would 'leak' official news and rumors! hahaha It ISN'T like we won't buy the new codex (which I have already paid for). IMO, we'd just be foaming at the mouth even more!

As for boneswords... I MAY end up using some of my old OOP Warrior swords for that... not sure yet. Either that, or I'll just be ebay/bits ordering for more 4th ed swords. ;)

Psychosis
13-01-2010, 00:22
In regards to the boneswords, you could take rending claws and prehaps some scything talons to convert them into boneswords ala 'Baraka' from Mortal Kombat.

mikesorenson
13-01-2010, 05:37
Wait, the forgeworld one is smaller than the current Tyrant? :wtf: The thing looks huge!

does anyone have a comparison shot? I was tempted to use the old 3rd ed tyrant for a harpy, I dunno seems like it'd be a little tall for an alpha warrior.

That's what I'm going to do for my harpy, with a good chunk of green stuff. He (3rd ed) would definatly be too big for an alpha warrior. Also going to red terror w/dark pegasus wings for my parasite.

bluenova
13-01-2010, 13:17

does anyone have a comparison shot?

Not with the two Tyrants, but I have the Forgeworld Tyrant model in my army. There are some pictures of it here with the rest of the army that might give you an idea of it's size (the wings make it look bigger ;) )
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237673

Hope that helps :)

Gutzmek
14-01-2010, 02:02
I have seen the unit photos in the book and now hope for monstrous wings, a Harpy is a winged Trygon with venom cannons.:eek:

My FLGS was going to use 4 of them on each warrior on my suggestion, makes them look like a sort of deadly dragonfly very cool imo.

Go, My Deadly Dragonflies! ZOOOOM!!:D

mikesorenson
14-01-2010, 07:09
I have seen the unit photos in the book and now hope for monstrous wings, a Harpy is a winged Trygon with venom cannons.:eek:

Go, My Deadly Dragonflies! ZOOOOM!!:D

It says it's serpentine like a trygon, not necessarily the bulk of a trygon. His stats also suggest he's not quite that big, hollow bones and all. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the 2nd wave to come out.

mchmr6677
14-01-2010, 17:53
It says it's serpentine like a trygon, not necessarily the bulk of a trygon. His stats also suggest he's not quite that big, hollow bones and all. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the 2nd wave to come out.

The pictures of it do have gargoyles in them as well for an idea of size. It is pretty darn big. The trygon with wings would be fine.

jamesterjlrb
14-01-2010, 18:56
I think the forgeworld warrior wings are goint to still be easiest and best looking. The problem with the dragonfly idea is they would need 8 limbs.

Zanzibarthefirst
14-01-2010, 22:10

I saw a conversion from before the codex came out which was simply a carnifex with wings and twin linked venom cannons and Im not sure if he knew what woudl be in the codex a year in advance but looking at it now and ti makes a realy good harpy.

Basically replace the back legs with venom cannons/barbed stranglers and position the legs to amke it look flatter, put wings in the top holes and bobs your uncle

chaos0xomega
18-01-2010, 18:18
I think the forgeworld warrior wings are goint to still be easiest and best looking. The problem with the dragonfly idea is they would need 8 limbs.

Nope. The definition of a limb is a a jointed or prehensile appendage of an organism. Insect wings are not jointed, nor are they prehensile, in fact they are not even classified as appendages. Therefore, 6 limbs on a technicality.

Also GW has already violated the 6 limb rule on their own models. Prehensile tentacles/tails (such as those found on lictors, genestealers, ymgarl stealers, deathleaper, and anything else with feeder tendrils or lash whips(although those are debatable), as well as anything that uses it's tail for a weapon or locomotion (trygon, ravener, carnifex, hive tyrant, anything else with a nasty looking tail) all qualify as limbs.

Vexbane
19-01-2010, 10:03
If they did a nice upgrade sprue like the black templars one I would be happy. Maybe include some MC parts (scything talons, boneswords(L+R), lashwhips, a few decorative bits here and there) Some warrior parts (boneswords, lash whips, wings(doubt it).
and some of the new weapons for the gaunts. That would be the ultimate. Or they could release 3 of these small, medium and large. We shall see I guess.

Elhier
27-01-2010, 08:31
does any body know of any independant retailers etc who sell boneswords?

Bun Bun
27-01-2010, 08:44
does any body know of any independant retailers etc who sell boneswords?

Lemme guess why...The Swarmlord maybe? :eyebrows:

Cheers

BB :cool:

Atherakhia
27-01-2010, 10:52

I'm gonna convert my Harpy out of a Trygon, with FW Hive Tyrant wings. The Tyrant itself, will then be converted into a Swarmlord with the addition of Carnifex MC ScyTals and some Zoanthrope vents :D

I saw a conversion from before the codex came out which was simply a carnifex with wings and twin linked venom cannons and Im not sure if he knew what woudl be in the codex a year in advance but looking at it now and ti makes a realy good harpy.

Basically replace the back legs with venom cannons/barbed stranglers and position the legs to amke it look flatter, put wings in the top holes and bobs your uncle

I did a conversion of a winged Hive Tyrant last year, which was similar:
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetAtherakhia/WIPs/

Tzar Boris
28-01-2010, 00:48
Definitely one of the coolest 'Nid upgrades I've seen - spare bottoms for 'Stealers. It's official!

Appeals to my currently quite flippant and childish state of mind...

Zanzibarthefirst
28-01-2010, 01:01
what upgrade? I dont see anything for stealers or the like?

Rick Blaine
28-01-2010, 01:11
what upgrade? I dont see anything for stealers or the like?

Whooosh! Right over your head :p

Tzar Boris
28-01-2010, 01:12
It made me giggle.

Zanzibarthefirst
28-01-2010, 01:17
it get it now...:o

Erazmus_M_Wattle
29-01-2010, 00:39

While chatting with my local GW Store manager about the new LOTR Fell beast he mentioned that if you look at the Harpy artwork they are spookily similar. Go look. I checked myself and he was not wrong. It might be a good shot as the basis for a conversion.

On the subject of a conversion pack, I wish we would hear something more definitive. Covert or wait? I dunno...

The Phazer
29-01-2010, 12:34
While chatting with my local GW Store manager about the new LOTR Fell beast he mentioned that if you look at the Harpy artwork they are spookily similar. Go look. I checked myself and he was not wrong. It might be a good shot as the basis for a conversion.

On the subject of a conversion pack, I wish we would hear something more definitive. Covert or wait? I dunno...

Yes, I was surprised how obvious it was that the Harpy art suggests a model conversion using Fellbeast wings...

Phazer

Zanzibarthefirst
29-01-2010, 12:46
fellbeast wings fair enough but i think ordinary dragon wings are sufficent

Erazmus_M_Wattle
01-02-2010, 01:18
Yes, I was surprised how obvious it was that the Harpy art suggests a model conversion using Fellbeast wings...

Phazer

The old Fellbeast wings are narrower than the ones on the new kit. The membranes that attach to the body are much wider on the new one. This is also apparent on the Harpy art. It's pretty blatant actually. It's what I am going to use anyway. I'll maybe use the Trygon of Carnifex body but the fellbeast kit will be ideal.

Any news on upgrade packs?

Splata
01-02-2010, 02:54
However isn't there an IP issue between LotR and Warhammer stuff and as such you aren't able to use them in anything that GW holds sway in. (ie. stores and some tournies)?

Lungboy
01-02-2010, 17:06
However isn't there an IP issue between LotR and Warhammer stuff and as such you aren't able to use them in anything that GW holds sway in. (ie. stores and some tournies)?

They got rid of that nonsense ages ago.

Draconis
04-02-2010, 10:31

Could you link the fellbeast? I couldnt seem to find it on their website. Much appreciated mate.

RedemptionNL
04-02-2010, 11:35
Could you link the fellbeast? I couldnt seem to find it on their website. Much appreciated mate.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1360000&prodId=prod480006a

Warpcrafter
05-02-2010, 11:46
Actually, all you would need to do is put the cannons under the wings, replace the neck and head with a Trygon head and perhaps use greenstuff to put some Tyranid-looking armor plates on the fronts of the legs and the tail. It is eerie how that works out, isn't it?

The Phazer
05-02-2010, 14:06
A bit more back on topic, this is exactly the sort of thing that drives me nuts about GW's information policy.

I want to build a Tyranid Prime with a bonesword and lashwhip. There might be a bitz back with them, there might not. GW aren't saying either way, so in fairly short order I am going to get done with the other bits of my army list and just convert them up myself. And then they get no money at all. If they said they were doing them, then they get money from me.

This seems a positively obvious win for them. It's not like there is any hype value in a bag of arms with swords hitting retail to try and keep it a secret.

Phazer

Erazmus_M_Wattle
05-02-2010, 23:49
Actually, all you would need to do is put the cannons under the wings, replace the neck and head with a Trygon head and perhaps use greenstuff to put some Tyranid-looking armor plates on the fronts of the legs and the tail. It is eerie how that works out, isn't it?

Spooky isn't it. You'd be forgiven for thinking they actually intended it to be so.

aeon flux
06-02-2010, 02:22

it's harder to find the plasticard :cries:

This seems a positively obvious win for them. It's not like there is any hype value in a bag of arms with swords hitting retail to try and keep it a secret.

the whole point of the secrecy is to generate hype :cheese:. nothing more. It's not like they are developing weapons and want to keep the "cards close to the chest" to prevent rival superpowers devising counter strategies.
there are no rivals to GW. There are other wargames, better miniatures and better systems, but they are essentially following up and capitalizing on what GW has laid down.
it's not like privateer press is going to release blood angels before april if they get a whif of what GW is doing... if you think about, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. I understand secrecy about films and videogames, especally trying to prevent leaked copies of some software from being released before a piece of entertainment goes on sale. But this...? Just why? They're taking themselves too seriously. How does it endanger their business in any way? would people stop buying codexes and minis if they knew what was coming over the next few months? If anything, would give people time to prepare their existing armies to accomodate new rules, options and units. Gamers would be able to set themselves a budget.
GW probably didn't notice yet, but the rest of the world doesn't build and paint minis for a living. It takes time and money, a lot of both(!) to have a battle decent force painted to a (at least) tabletop quality. How many of us have put the last paintstrokes in the last mini of a hard-worked-for army, just to have it invalidated by a new set of rules that comes out the very next day?
What's the secrecy for? they take themselves too seriously :shifty:

Vexbane
07-02-2010, 17:23
I think the longer GW takes the less money they will get from me at least, but that will not be the case of a lot of people who are using counts as models until the real model/weapons come out.
People will still buy the stuff and that is all GW cares about. As aeon said they have no competition to worry about so do not need to rush things. I am sure we will see new models/weapons in the coming months, most likely after the blood angels release.
I am really looking for some bonesword alternatives to reverse scything talons though. I want to make my swarmlord, but need some cool serrated blades for him. If someone finds any please PM me. On my primes I am using a cool scything talon conversion.

Rick Blaine
07-02-2010, 18:40
You guys know that there are at least 3 companies scrambling to release "Generic Six-Limbed Space Dinosaur" conversion bitz before GW does, right? In a month or two we'll be swimming in bone swords. :D

IamDan
07-02-2010, 18:54
which companies would these be please??

Adyger
07-02-2010, 20:20
which companies would these be please??

Umm, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Zanzibarthefirst
07-02-2010, 21:13
tbh i woundlt be surprised if someone did cash in. I woudl be tempted to buy some if they dont dinosaur swords and whips that just so happen to fit tyranid warriors

Rick Blaine
07-02-2010, 21:58
Umm, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

This is what happens when the mods actively discourage posting about non-GW models :rolleyes:

Here we go:
http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php
http://trollforged.com/index.html
http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/

Bone swords, lash whips, Ymgarl heads, Tervigon conversion kits and Mycetic spores have each been announced by one or more of the above enterprises. Troll Forged already have a spiffy Super Space Dinosaur Psyker and an alternative Large Burrowing Space Dinosaur. Trademarks changed to protect the innocent, of course.

IamDan
07-02-2010, 22:23
Thanks Rick.

Nicho
07-02-2010, 22:34
I'm gonna convert my Harpy out of a Trygon, with FW Hive Tyrant wings.
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetAtherakhia/WIPs/

Heres mine using balrog wings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Nicho2k5/GW/IMG_0381.jpg

Evilref
08-02-2010, 13:27
As I sat down with my other half to plan out her army, I was truly baffled by how the only HQ choice on sale for Tyranids was the hive tyrant, with no plastics available for their HQs. And not even a forgeworld option.

While it wasn't enough to put her off the army, it certainly put a dent in her enthusiasm. Does this make Tyranids the only army who don't get an HQ in their battleforce?

As is, I'm certainly hoping they bring out some more HQ choices or it's going to be a case of waiting before she works up the skills to model one of the other HQ choices herself

scarletsquig
08-02-2010, 14:31
As I sat down with my other half to plan out her army, I was truly baffled by how the only HQ choice on sale for Tyranids was the hive tyrant, with no plastics available for their HQs. And not even a forgeworld option.

While it wasn't enough to put her off the army, it certainly put a dent in her enthusiasm. Does this make Tyranids the only army who don't get an HQ in their battleforce?

As is, I'm certainly hoping they bring out some more HQ choices or it's going to be a case of waiting before she works up the skills to model one of the other HQ choices herself

She can use a Tyranid Warrior from the battleforce as the HQ choice. Tyranid Prime, sorted.

It doesn't have to be specifically modelled to look different, and it's a very effective cheap HQ choice.

Could even use 2 Tyranid Primes to fill 2 HQ choices to make use of more of the 3 models that come in the battleforce. Have one equipped with a gun to lead the termagants, and another equipped for assault to lead the hormagaunts. Add some genestealers and that makes a nice 500 point army.

TGaunt
08-02-2010, 15:37
this all is very old and tbh GW already did pass on most of the sales.

I would have wholeheartedly spent 30€ on many bitz packs but now I already spend a whole day crafting around 20 pairs of them from free bitz from my bitzbox, blister packs-plastics, and greenstuff worth around 0,5€.

with the lashwhips GW would not even have to sculpt anything new as the venomtropes lashwhips are ideal for warriors (especially the more bent ones).

Gutzmek
12-02-2010, 01:12
Heres mine using balrog wings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Nicho2k5/GW/IMG_0381.jpg

I was thinking of using dragon wings, but that.....that is beyond Awesome:D.
A simple conversion that looks exactly like the codex pic. Kudos man.

AshenFang
13-02-2010, 15:59

Yeah, as stated above, there is an HQ choice in it, in the previous edition, the entire squad of three could have been a single HQ choice.

If you look over the other sets, we are actually one of the Few that get an HQ choice. None for: Chaos Marines (Though they have a nice plastic kit), Eldar, Necrons, Ork, Space Marines(Another with a nice plastic leader kit), Space Wolves.. ..to the point it's easier to count those who do, Nids, Tau and Guard, heh.. ..left several armies out, as most of them don't even have a box Set..

Yeah, she should consider herself lucky, got one of the boxes that you can start from naturally.. (Unless you want to glue some extra bits on some normal trooper and call him special, I guess. =p)

nvillacci
13-02-2010, 18:42
There are post about "ymargl" heads being available on dakkadakka and CMON already.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/276353.page

Gutzmek
14-02-2010, 13:40
it's harder to find the plasticard :cries:

plasticard is available form Evergreen Scale Models (http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/), available for direct order form Plastruct (http://www.plastruct.com/), and found on Ebay by searching in Toys&Hobbies for "Sheet Styrene"

Hope that helped:)

EDIT:
Maybe GW will release a Shrike box /w boneswords instead of a upgrade frame(like the Leman Russ Demolisher). Going by the pict in codex of the Parasite(if you consider it to be a flying warrior) they would look more like winged raveners than winged warriors, anyway.

nvillacci
15-02-2010, 01:34
Ack be careful guys... admins already killed one thread talking about alternative eldar and Nid bits from a company other then GW..

The Dude
15-02-2010, 01:41
If the Mods removed a thread, it was likely breaking forum rules, such as those relating to IP infringement.

TBH, I think the stuff posted on Dakka breaks GW IP, and wouldn't be surprised if the mods removed the link to that too.

philbrad2
15-02-2010, 11:42
Mods are moving this thread because its been moving far off topic with no new news or rumour. Feel free to discuss ways of representing this in the game but in another sub forum, this puppy is going to 40K GENERAL

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

onnotangu
16-02-2010, 00:03
Bee's wings are far to small for them to fly yet they still do? 4 Wings in a dragon fly form look ace imo.

here you go.

http://www.entomon.net/green-dragonfly-wings-fade-resistant.htm

these fit both warrior and tyrants.