PDA

View Full Version : Character joining 'unbreakable' unit?

dragonlancr
06-01-2010, 16:16
I was wondering what would happen in the case that a hero that joins a unit that is unbreakable loses combat, what would happen to the hero at the end of combat?

More specifically, I cannot find where it says I CANNOT put an Arch Lector of Sigmar in with my Flagellants. The Flagellants are unbreakable, but what happen to the AL if they lose combat?

Thank you.

Nurgling Chieftain
06-01-2010, 16:23
You can't have a breakable character attached to an unbreakable unit. See the main rulebook, page 79, "Unbreakable". By precedent, if the character was unbreakable when he joined but becomes breakable again subsequently, he must leave the unit at the end of the phase.

nosferatu1001
06-01-2010, 16:27
Actually he cannot ever join if he can become "breakable" - see teh Empire FAQ, where they ask if a WP can join the unit.

theunwantedbeing
06-01-2010, 17:53
You might want to go ahead and ignore the empire FAQ and allow your warrior priest to join the flagellent unit.
However, as soon as he loses his unbreakable-ness from his spell, he get's bumped out the unit at the end of the phase.

Seems the most "reasonable" interpretation of the rules from looking at the rulebook.
Rather than the somewhat "iffy" FAQ.

Remember GW FAQ's are not official, they are simply their own house rules to be used as guidance, only the Errata's are official.

Nurgling Chieftain
06-01-2010, 19:29
Actually he cannot ever join if he can become "breakable" - see teh Empire FAQ, where they ask if a WP can join the unit.Haha, thanks for pointing me to that, that FAQ entry is awesome. :cool:

Remember GW FAQ's are not official...Neither is anything stated in this forum. :p

nosferatu1001
06-01-2010, 19:40
Its one of those great "universe explodes" answers....

Nurgling Chieftain
06-01-2010, 20:00
Funny how a monster that becomes unridden can casually walk out of the unit, but a character becoming breakable destroys the universe. :D

Tae
08-01-2010, 03:01
Personally I'm still waiting to see which member of the Black Guard unit led by Kouran is going to be the one to tell Malekith that he can't join his own bodyguard :p

Condottiere
08-01-2010, 05:02
Some clubs are rather strict as regards membership requirements.

dragonlancr
08-01-2010, 13:15
I presume the same thing goes for Stubborn? Assuming my Arch Lector cannot join a unit of Greatswords either?

theunwantedbeing
08-01-2010, 13:28
I presume the same thing goes for Stubborn? Assuming my Arch Lector cannot join a unit of Greatswords either?

Yeah sure whatever.
Same for frenzied units, and units armed differently, and models on horseback not joining infantry and so forth.

It's all there in the rules.

Lord Zarkov
08-01-2010, 14:44
Or with slightly less sarcasm:

Look in the rules for Stubborn and see what it says with regards to characters joining units, and then look at unbreakable again. Then notice that the two rules are fundamentally different.