PDA

View Full Version : Ogre sprues recut?

Grimstonefire
06-01-2010, 21:33
Seeing as the minotaurs get 3 models per box, and considering the many rumours we hear about 8th ed, what are the chances that some or all of the ogre sprues will be recut to 3 ogre boxes?

Like the beastmen they could take the opportunity to do some small changes here and there.

This may not be for their imminent book, but say in a couple of years.

Malorian
06-01-2010, 21:34
I doubt it.

I'd think they'd wait until they redo ogres. (in 2014?)

EmperorNorton
06-01-2010, 21:41
I certainly hope not, but GW making 3 Minotaurs considerably more expensive than 6 Ogre Bulls has me worried.

bigcheese76
06-01-2010, 21:59
I doubt the Ogres will see any changes any time soon. And if they do I expect we'll here alot about it from GW as they could do with promoting Ogres a bit as barely anyone seems to play them, I only know about 3 people that do.

chaos0xomega
06-01-2010, 22:22
I doubt it.

I'd think they'd wait until they redo ogres. (in 2014?)

Subtract 4 from that number ;)

I dont think they would recut it, the OK plastics are already some of the best GW has produced, and already loaded with accessories and options. There simply isnt a reason to.

EmperorNorton
06-01-2010, 22:23
There simply isnt a reason to.

Except making people pay more for less minis, which probably is the best of reasons for GW.

EdFireborn
07-01-2010, 01:52
Games Workshop will only do it if they can justify, 3 models for $74 (i.e Raveners) instead of the current 6 for $50.... They'll justify it by giving us a new paint job and maybe a standard.

Thank god I've all ready got enough Ogre Bulls

Avian
07-01-2010, 08:13
Seeing as the minotaurs get 3 models per box, and considering the many rumours we hear about 8th ed, what are the chances that some or all of the ogre sprues will be recut to 3 ogre boxes?
It would be much easier to take a sprue out of the Bull box to make it 4 guys instead of 6 for the same cost and then increase the price of the boxes that contained 4 guys already.

Darnok
07-01-2010, 10:42
I don't hope so. THat doesn't mean I don't think so, but there is hope anyway...

As Ogre Bulls are the basic infantry of an OK army, it would make no sense to make them more expensive (for me). From my experience with GW that would imply: the boxes get more expensive, and the units cost less points ingame. And the other plastic boxes (Ironguts, Leadbelchers) most likely get a price hike too.

What I positively hope for with that step would be a new accessory sprue. There might be a lot of stuff to play with on the current sprues, but there is still only so much you can do, and with a larger army it gets repetitive at some point.