PDA

View Full Version : Need help, 2500pts dwarfs

TonyFlow
06-01-2010, 20:55
Hey all.
This weekend i am going to have a mini mini tournament with two buddies. We will play eachother once during one day (if we can make it).
They play Vampire Counts and Warriors of Chaos.
The VC guy will probably have two units of Black Knights and Grave Guard as the core of his army plus varghulf and skeletons.
The warriors of chaos guy runs a fairly soft list as far as i am aware, with a Deamon Prince and just one unit of knights. The rest will probably be warriors, chosen etc.

So i have made two lists and i need to decide which one to go with... Or a third one if you guys make good suggestions.

The first list is an anvil list. The anvil will bring much needed Dispel Dice and combined with Master Rune of Valaya, it should protect me from the worst VC spam. The plus 2 to dispel might encourage him to cast invocation with two dice rather than one, which would make the raising far more controllable, and against the WoC it should also make me able to contain his magic. I also brought a unit of miners with command. I chose a large unit because it would then be able to break units i run into from behind or from the side. Neither opponent has warmachines, so small units are not very useful here.
But i am worried that the remaining infantry will not be able to take on what survives my limited shooting. Maybe i should switch the miners for normal infantry.
The list:
Characters: 838 points
General Runelord 446 points
Anvil of Doom
Master Rune of Balance
2 x Rune of Spellbreaking
Master Rune of Gromril
Great Weapon

Thane 250 points
Battle Standard
Master Rune of Valaya
Rune of Guarding
Rune of Courage

Thane 142 points
Master Rune of Swiftness
Rune of Cleaving
Rune of Fury
Rune of Stone
Shield

Core: 719 points
20 Warriors 205 points
Shields Full Command

19 Long Beards 253 points
Shields Full Command

10 Thunderers 150 points
Shields
10 Quarrellers 110 points

Special: 679 points
19 Hammerers 307 points
Shields, Full Command, Rune of Courage

12 Miners 157 points
Full Command

Bolt thrower 90 points
Engineer, Rune of Fire, Rune of penetration

Bolt thrower 65 points
Engineer, Rune of Fire
Bolt thrower 60 points
Engineer

Rare: 260 points
Organ Gun 120 points
Gyrocopter 140 points

Total: 2496 points

For the second list i opted for a Lord as my general. This army packs alot more punch in terms of combat units, but i dont have much other than that. Few war machines and shooting units might not hurt the enemy units before they reach combat, and lack of magic defense also worries me.
The list:
Characters: 714 points
General: Dwarf Lord 296 points
Great Weapon
Shieldbearers
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Rune of Fury
Rune of Snorry
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite

Thane 160 points
Battle Standard
Master Rune of Gromril
Rune of Fury
Rune of Cleaving

Runesmith 127 points
Master Rune of Balance
Rune of stone
Shield

Runesmith 131 points
2 x Rune of Spellbreaking
Rune of stone
Great Weapon
Shield

Core: 842 points
20 Warriors 205 points
Shields, Full Command

20 warriors 205 points
Shields, Full Command

10 Thunderers 150 points
Shields

19 Long Beards 282 points
Shields, Full Command, Rune of Courage

Special: 702 points
18 Hammerers 264 points
Shields, Full Command

19 Ironbreakers 283 points
Full Command, Rune of Stoicism

Bolt Thrower 65 points
Engineer, Rune of Burning

Bolt Thrower 90 points
Engineer, Rune of Burning, Rune of Penetration

Rare: 240 points
Organ Gun 120 points
Organ Gun 120 points
Total: 2498 points

Please do comment on the lists. Any and all ideas will be welcomed.

Malorian
06-01-2010, 20:57
Please clean up the list. As it is now it's very hard on the eyes.

Anyway I'd go with the lord list for the simple reason that I have found them to be mroe reliable.

TonyFlow
06-01-2010, 21:14
Sorry about that i saw it even before you replied and cleaned it up abit, i hope it is better now.
I am tempted to go with the lord list as well. The anvil is simply too expensive for what it does. I will just have to rely on my blocks to take care of the swarms of undead that he will undoubtedly raise.

graymer
06-01-2010, 23:17
If you're worried about magic, I'd take the first one. The anvil is great. Take away the MRoBalance and swap in MRoSpellbinding. That coupled with Valaya will give you +3 to Dispel.

Drop the FC from Miners. Give them the stream drill if you want them to be more reliable in showing up.

I would advise against taking an odd number of Bolt Throwers as our book lets us take 2 for 1. If you aren't looking to capitalize on this, I'd look to free up some points to add a Cannon with RoForging, Grudge Thrower with RoAccuracy and RoPenetraing, or even another unit of Miners.

A way to free up some points would also be to use RoDetermination instead of Courage on your units. Often times this is a great way to counter the fact that you need low LD rolls against Fear/Terror causers. However, keep it if you plan on facing several autobreak scenarios.