PDA

View Full Version : WoC 1000 and 1500 points

Candril
07-01-2010, 03:37
Hello there, long time lurker first time poster.

Right basically I have made a 1500 point WoC mixed god army list
for friendly games down at the local workshop,
it looks to me like I'll have a lot of fun playing with it
but most importantly will opponents have fun playing it
or is it too cheesy for friendlys?

Exalted Hero
MoK
juggernaut of khorne
axe of khorne
shield

level 2 sorcerer
MoT
disc
golden eye of tzeentch

level 2 sorcerer
MoN

10 chaos warriors
MoN
full command
Banner of wrath
shields

20 marauders
MoS
shields
full command

20 marauders
MoS
shields
full command

7 chaos warhounds

7 chaos warhounds

7 chaos knights
mark of khorne
full command

Also heres my 1000 points list

level 2 sorceror of tzeentch
disc
halberd
shield

10 marauders
MoS
full command

10 marauders
moS
full command

10 chaos warriors
MoN
Full command
banner or wrat

7 chaos warhounds

7 chaos warhounds

5 chaos knights
MoK
Full command
banner of rage

Again is this an ok list? good for friendlys?

Narcissus
07-01-2010, 04:44
level 2 sorceror of tzeentch
disc
halberd
shield

10 marauders
MoS
full command

10 marauders
moS
full command

Your sorcerer in your 1000 pt list will not work as they cannot be equipped with halberd and shield (as per the army book). The sorcerer can have a magical shield or weapon.

Maybe consider running the marauders in a bigger group. 10 is pretty small as they need static combat resolution to win. Running 1 group of 20 will save you points on the mark and command.

1 sorcerer may get totally shut down at 1000 points as your opponent will have minimum 2 dispel dice.

Candril
07-01-2010, 05:05
Your sorcerer in your 1000 pt list will not work as they cannot be equipped with halberd and shield (as per the army book). The sorcerer can have a magical shield or weapon.

Maybe consider running the marauders in a bigger group. 10 is pretty small as they need static combat resolution to win. Running 1 group of 20 will save you points on the mark and command.

1 sorcerer may get totally shut down at 1000 points as your opponent will have minimum 2 dispel dice.

My bad about the sorc, pretty new to warhammer still :)

Btw on the marauders I meant to put shields on them and I'm thinking of running the two units of ten as nothing more than to protect my warriors flanks, the idea I had (which may be totally wrong as as I said I'm a bit of a newbie) is to advance the 3 blocks of infantry down the middle of the field the knights and warhounds on one extreme flank, using the warhounds as a meat shield / frenzy screen and for tieing up enemy cavalry / shooters early on.
Then once the bulk of the enemy army is engaged with my warriors / marauders the knights can work their way down the enemy flank with the sorcerer warmachine hunting if needed.

Does that make more sense now or is it still a bit rubbish? :)

Dark Fire
07-01-2010, 20:04
Not much point (in the 1000 point list) in having the Knights pay 35 points just to make the frenzy permanent - give them the Mark of Nurgle and then you've got -1 WS and -1 to hit for opponents AND everlasting frenzy.

Also @1000 list:

Don't run the Banner of Wrath on the warriors, especially at 1000. That bound spell is no use when you could be using those points (having removed the illegal halberd and shield) to add both a power familiar and book of secrets (50 vs 45). 6 Power Dice is a bit better at 1k.

Personally if you're looking for a disc character at 1k, I wouldn't bother running a sorcere unless you use the above loadout. With my new all-cav. list I'll be running this guy:

Exalted Hero (BSB): Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Flail, (214) (194)
Golden Eye, (Blood-curdling Roar)

Maybe minus the roar for cheapness. He's a brilliant march blocker, as well as being a great war machine and chariot (and light cav., Terradon, eagle.... Eagle/Pegasus heroes....etc. :D) hunter, with +1 combat res. to help him from getting bogged down if he fluffs those 4 strength 7 attacks on the charge. The Eye gives him a 3+ versus shooting, and the roar is for fun (because I love the item) and helps knock a few off any opposing knights.

Personally I think you could drop the Warhounds to 6 each, and grab Halberds (keep the shields) on the Warrior unit. Lose the Banner of Rage, keep the knights Khorne and boost the Warriors to 12.

Combine the marauder units and use the points saved to chuck a power familiar on the sorc. Seriously though, with the points available you might just be better off grabbing a guy - sorc./exalted, on a barded steed to go with the knights

I'll comment on the 1500 a bit later maybe.