PDA

View Full Version : Shadow in the east minature gallery

Havoc
01-02-2006, 17:57
Just been looking at the GW site and found these, they look good but the only thing I dont like is Khamuls fluff since they are saying he is one of the nine ringwraiths
http://uk.games-workshop.com/ashadowintheeast/miniature-gallery/1/

Pertinax
01-02-2006, 19:04
Lieutenant of Dol Guldur, Khamūl is second amongst the Ringwraiths, a dark terror clad in an impenetrable shroud of cloth and armour. The knowledge of how he came into the service of The Lord of The Rings has long been lost, though a few of the Wise believe that he once ruled a land beyond Mordor's eastern boundaries. This at least must be partially true, for only a king of great influence would have received the tainted gift of a Ring of Power. Other than this, little is known of Khamūl's past, save what he has done since in the service of Mordor. Whatever the deeds of the man that he once was, Khamūl walks now only where Sauron bids him, his will bound solely to that of his dark master.

Looks good to me. He is one of the nine. What's the error?

Baggers
01-02-2006, 22:04
Looks good to me. He is one of the nine. What's the error?

Danoo Can't spot it.

bungeetoad
01-02-2006, 23:32
The new easterlings are really nice looking. before you could not get spearmen rite. or was it bowmen?

Sniper Kelly
02-02-2006, 00:13
It was the bowmen you couldn't get.

I'm really sold on those kataphrakts (if that's how you spell it!), lovely models...

The pestilent 1
02-02-2006, 01:49
Just been looking at the GW site and found these, they look good but the only thing I dont like is Khamuls fluff since they are saying he is one of the nine ringwraiths

He is one of the ringwraiths. :wtf:

The leftenant of The Witch King.

Neknoh
02-02-2006, 05:45
Check the book, the one leading the Shadow Host from Minas Morgul is Khamul, second in power amongst the Ringwraiths

Brandir
02-02-2006, 08:15
Tokien names the Nazgūl who led the host from Minas Morgul as:

at their head was one greater than all the rest: a Rider, all black, save that on his hooded head he had a helm like a crown that flickered with a perilous light. .......... Surely there was the Lord of the Nine Riders returned to earth to lead his ghastly host to battle? Here, yes here indeed was the haggard king whose cold hand had smitten down the Ring-bearer with his deadly knife.
Quote taken from LOTR Book 4 Chapter 8 The Stairs of Cirith Ungol

Havoc
02-02-2006, 09:19
at their head was one greater than all the rest: a Rider, all black, save that on his hooded head he had a helm like a crown that flickered with a perilous light. .......... Surely there was the Lord of the Nine Riders returned to earth to lead his ghastly host to battle? Here, yes here indeed was the haggard king whose cold hand had smitten down the Ring-bearer with his deadly knife.
Thats the witch king of angmar.

And where did tolkein mention khamul is it in the appendices or in ROTK because I cant remember if he did or not

hilltroll
02-02-2006, 11:20
It is mentioned in the Unfinished Tales that Khamul is a Nuzgul, not in any other work.

Enazel
02-02-2006, 12:03
Khamul is the only ringwraith that Tolkien actually names. He was the second in power to the witchking. He was suppose to have been a king of men in the east before he was corrupted by the ring sauron gave him.

bungeetoad
02-02-2006, 21:09
what part of middle earth did he come from, if anyone knows because ive heard of him but never seen anything about him in the novels. but the miniature looks great

my_name_is_tudor
02-02-2006, 21:33
I'd assume that he is from the east, given his name 'Khamul the easterling'

The Judge
02-02-2006, 22:52
I've always associated him with being a Nazgul - and it ain't like they would get something that blatent wrong.

Havoc
06-02-2006, 15:08
and it ain't like they would get something that blatent wrong
I dont know this is GW we are talking about here :p

I havnt read tolkiens unfinished tales so thats proberly why I havnt heard of him, when I first heard they were naming ringwraiths I was like :wtf: :mad:

Baggers
06-02-2006, 17:39
what part of middle earth did he come from, if anyone knows because ive heard of him but never seen anything about him in the novels. but the miniature looks great

Professor Tolkien never actually mentions where Khamul comes from. He is just one of the nine Kings who fell to Sauron power, and is in the unique postion of that he is the only one named. Coz the Witch King is a title not a name.