PDA

View Full Version : 1k Lizardmen to reacquaint myself to WFB

Saulot
07-01-2010, 15:10
Hello again Mighty Warseers!

I'd like to get some feedback on this list I cobbled up. I'm trying to get back into the hobby after nearly two years of absence from it so some choices are more to do with what minis I already have available. Thanks!

125 - Saurus Scar Vet w/ Burning Blade of Chotec, ES, LA
115 - Skink Priest Lvl 2 w/ Plaque of Tepok
115 - Skink Priest Lvl 1 w/ 2xDS
210 - 15 Saurus Warriors w/ Spears and FC
70 - 10 Skink Skirmishers
70 - 10 Skink Skirmishers
135 - 3 Jungle Swarms
160 - 2 Salamander Hunting Packs each w/ extra handler

1000 - TOTAL

C&C most welcome. Thank you!

Bard Harlock
07-01-2010, 16:39
Drop the swarms unless you just really like them. I have to confess, a 1000 point list with a lvl 2 priest on a Stegadon with Engine of the Gods is pretty tough. But, since you are just getting back into it, it is a decent force to build from.

Agnar the Howler
07-01-2010, 20:42
It doesn't look like he's on an engine, he's just on foot.

Personally, i'd drop the lvl 1 priest, give one of his scrolls to the level 2 and also drop the swarms in favour of a small cavalry unit with at least a standard bearer. I'd also try and find the points to give your scar vet a cold one and stick him into the cavalry unit, if not, then drop a saurus warrior and stick your eveteran in the front rank to keep a good 5x3 unit..

I'd drop the champion from the unit of spears if you can't find a CO for your veteran, as he's a bit unnecessary in a unit that doesn't need to challenge protect.

Apart from that I can't see much more that I would do, I can't say how a salamander is, but 2 of them should be problematic for the enemy. Just be careful with how you use your saurus unit, you don't want to waste it.

Bard Harlock
07-01-2010, 20:59
It doesn't look like he's on an engine, he's just on foot.

Right. I was suggesting he buy a Stegadon. I realize I simply stated that the combo is fierce in 1k games, I assumed too much that people would infer that that meant I was suggesting he put the Priest on foot on a Steg instead.

Agnar the Howler
07-01-2010, 22:39
Right. I was suggesting he buy a Stegadon. I realize I simply stated that the combo is fierce in 1k games, I assumed too much that people would infer that that meant I was suggesting he put the Priest on foot on a Steg instead.

Ah, okay. The way you said it just implied that you stating how tough an EotG is at this points level and I thought you were trying to say it was a bit unnecessary for 1k.

If that makes sense :p

hlaine larkin
07-01-2010, 22:41
i always take a champ in saurus units especially with spears- just for people to go
'yeah i killed 4, you get your attacks back'
the look on their faces when i grab a proper handful of dice :D

but yeah, drop the swarms :D

Saulot
08-01-2010, 00:35
lol.. thanks guys! :p

@Bard Harlock: I'll take the EoG when I'm at 2k. This list is just something for me to get back into the groove of painting and getting used to the Lizzies, so, no big investments for me just yet. I can't wait to field an EoG though. :p

@Agnar the Howler: Yeah, dropping the Priest for a CO mount seems doable. I just wanted to play with a more magiky list, initially. BTW, what do you guys suggest for a nice magiky character combo in 1k? Aside from Lvl 2 on EoG..

@hlaine larkin: About Jungle Swarms... I have to admit I want to take them since they were the last things I painted before I got sidetracked... I don't wanna disappoint these guys. lol.. (They're gone in my 2k list though. :D)

Thanks guys! Any more C&C?

:)

EDIT:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jdgual/warhammer/1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jdgual/warhammer/4.jpg

EDIT2:
hmm... why aren't the pictures showing? used http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/XXX/warhammer/1.jpg (minus the spaces). ideas?

Jezzer
08-01-2010, 01:01
i find it strange that noone yet advised the kroxigors ^^ mixed with skinks, i would field at least one unit of 14 skinks with 2 kroxies in them. pretty powerful block for a 1k. stegadon with engine is obvoius, but u might try a lone stegadon instead. hes still prety tough with his impact hits and s6, terrorizing the enemy and such. i would generally not go fo for sauruses. mainly because they are the only ones that doesnt have mv6. just not so mobile as the rest of your army. i play against lizzies since my friend has them, and watch my firends battles, and he just cant get sauruses to work, having 2xSkinks+Krox going into fight a lot earlier. Oh and one more thing - terradons. I personally love them/hate them. Love them when hes not playing agaist me (seeing face of my other friend - a DE commander, loosing his mage to the rocks of those guys is terrific ^^). In CC they cant do much but they are a threat to any mages walking alone, and even if the dont kill anything in the battle the effect of intimidation, flying around the battlefield won some battles for my lizzie friend. if u can fit them and use tham go for it.

Saulot
08-01-2010, 04:24
@Jezzer: yeah noticed that as well... As mentioned, I'll take the big Steggies when I do 2k... Seems too much in 1k... I passed on the Krox and Skink because I want to take a solid fighty unit, just not too convinced they can manage that. Terradons I might include (again) in my 2k list. Feels a little redundant in 1k with Skink Skirmishers around. Thanks for the comment, man! ;)

magicmonkey
09-01-2010, 16:42
drop the lvl1 preist and the swarms for some cav and mount your scar vet on a cold one
i find it works very well in 1k games