PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem theme Army

calebh124
01-02-2006, 21:55
I want to know what 25-30mm models i could you to make part of Eliwoods army. I'll probably use Brettonion Peg. Kinghts from WHFB to make the three pegusas sisters. I'd thought about winged nightmare and rider for Heath and his wyvern, but beyond that I have no ideas. I need your input, so please help me

t-tauri
01-02-2006, 22:46
Is it just me or does this make absolutely no sense at all?

I'm afraid you'll have to explain that more clearly or give us some pictures to work on as I can't work out what your inspiration is.

FearFrost
01-02-2006, 22:57
He is talking about a video game called fire emblem, and he wants to make miniatures to represent the characters.

I would just study the WHFB line, dude. I dont think the fire emblem characters where that particularly individual looking, so I think you could get away with using almost any human models that have the right clothing/armor.

-B

PariahMagnus
02-02-2006, 00:54
He is talking about a video game called fire emblem, and he wants to make miniatures to represent the characters.

I would just study the WHFB line, dude. I dont think the fire emblem characters where that particularly individual looking, so I think you could get away with using almost any human models that have the right clothing/armor.

-B
^

And this section is for posting project logs, not asking for help :wtf:

FearFrost
02-02-2006, 01:01
Maybe he is going to log his progress on these conversion ideas/execution?

I do agree the question could be put in PnT, but its not a big deal.

-B

calebh124
02-02-2006, 01:08
Thanks for the previous input but yeah this is where i plan to log the progress on this army

Negafex
02-02-2006, 01:09
perhaps use a brettonian lord with converting to represent eliwood after hes upgraded with horse. for hector im not sure but just a big axe or something. with some conversion a death cult assassin could be made into lyn. i would recomend the orks and goblins wyvern for heaths wyvern.not sure what to use for jaffar, maybe a fantasy assassin. for the general in his giant armor you might look to the warmachine range of privateer press and check out there warjacks. its been a while since i played the game so post a list of all the characters you would like to include and ill find a good model for em

calebh124
02-02-2006, 01:24
Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Sain, Florina, Heath, Priscilla, Guy, Rath, Pent, Dart, Canas, Harken, Louise, and Oswin, because thats my usual team. I realy like the Bretonian Lord for Eliwood so I'll use that. thank you very much

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
02-02-2006, 01:27
for the general guys that are coated in armor try the warmachine man-o-wars

calebh124
02-02-2006, 01:32
Yeah I think I'm gonna use Man-o-War Kovnik for Hector and an Ironfang Pikeman Captain for Oswin

calebh124
02-02-2006, 02:11
ok the only people that i dont have an idea on
class and brief description of class listed after name
Lyn(Blade Lord, basically the same as a swordmaster no armour)
Priscilla(Valkyrie, healer on a horse)
Guy(Swordmaster, kinda samurai like no armour)
Pent(Sage, nature magic user)
Dart (Berserker, wealds a big axe but no armour)
Canas (Druid, dark magic user)
Harken (Hero, sword and shield)
Louise (Archer, I shouldn't have to explain)
those are the people i still have no ideas on as for the ideas i have they are listed right after the character

Oswin (Khador Ironfang Pikeman)
Eliwood (Bretonnian Lord)
Florina (Bretonnian Pegasus Knight)
Sain (Bretonnian Grail Knight)
Hector (Khador Man-o-War Kovnik)
Rath (Wood Elf Glad Rider)
Heath (Grail Knight converted to ride an Orc wyvern)
Thats what I do have an idea on. They'd all require a small amount of conversion of course. Tell me what you think and suggest model for the unknowns. I may add some of these guys to a Bretonnian force if I ever make one.

Negafex
02-02-2006, 03:02
you may want to check the rackham miniature range as they have rpg-ish models with a very high sculpt quality, personally they are my favorite range for stuff like this

calebh124
02-02-2006, 03:11
Whats the website?

Negafex
02-02-2006, 03:15
here ya go

http://www.rackham-store.com/index_us.htm

calebh124
02-02-2006, 03:19
thanks man

calebh124
02-02-2006, 04:06
I honestly didnt find what i was looking for there. If anyone has anymore ideas I'll gladly accept them. I'm looking for models more like GW and Privateer Press, come to think of it I haven't looked at PP's other set of minis. I'll go do that and keep sending suggestions. Thank you all

calebh124
02-02-2006, 21:24
I'm stumped on what to do with the rest of these guys I think I'll just start with what ive got which really shouldnt be that expensive, except Heath, so I should be back when i get the models i need

calebh124
03-02-2006, 04:55
ok got a few more ideas and added some people but had to take some out. I had to come up with the cheesy idea that this army was a depiction several years after the game ends because some of the units just looks right as older versions of the characters. heres the newest list

2 Ironfang Pikeman (Wallace and Oswin)
3 Bretonnian Pegasus characters (Florina, Farina, and Fiora)
2 Bretonnian Grail Knights (Kent and Sain)
1 Man-O-War Kovnik (Hector)
1 Glade Rider (Rath)
1 Grail Knight converted to ride Orc wyvern (Heath)
1 Eltharion (Harken)
1 Mounted Lahmian Lady with staff (Priscilla)
1 High Elf Mage (Pent)
1 Mounted Yeoman (Lowen)
1 Wood Elf Glade Guard (Wil)
1 Dark Elf Assassin (Jaffar)
1 High Elf Lion of Charne (Dorcas)

This is the best I can od since I'm not really experienced with conversions I wanted to get as close to the guys as I could with as little converting as possible. Tell me what you think. And especially tell me if you have an idea on what to do for another unit.

ROCKY
04-02-2006, 02:27
Lemme guess FE fan? now do you want help with the "hero characters" or all the characters? I know that you could make Nergal using a necromancers body and maybe a empire guy with a beard head. why not use a marauder upper body for dart? get the helmet from a chaos knight. as for lyn how about using a converted wardancer body (or maybe the upper half). Plus y ou should make a character of legault my fav! use dark elf assassin body and any dark elf head(just don't forget the silver hair).

calebh124
04-02-2006, 03:11
I need help with all the charecters. these are just the basic models i was thinking about before converting into the people. thanks for what advice you've already given me and what suggestions you may give me later, and for that i will make legult.

ROCKY
04-02-2006, 16:22
Yes!!! thank you! I cannot wait for legault to be shown to warseer! All fear the hurricane! By the way I have a solution for how to make Guy,Karrel,and Kara: Use waywatcher bodies and the heads of your choice (painted blue for guy and purple for the other 2). you can use any archer for louise's body just use female wardancer or damsel head. lastly, the bishops renault and lucous (is that how you spell it?) use flaglents and paint the feet so it looks like they are wearing shoes and give em staffs! And lastly *drum roll* archsage athos! use Al Ulric's body and the head of a wizard of the grey order!

Kotobuki
04-02-2006, 16:26
Try Reaper Miniatures (http://www.reapermini.com/FantasyFigFinder). They make good models, and inexpensive to boot. Also, they've got a great search feature for thier miniatures, so you can search by class/race/armor/weapons/accessories. Unfortunately, not all thier old miniatures have all thier details entered, but doing a slightly broader search generally yields good results.

Thier Dark Heaven line is abou the same size as GW models, though a bit thinner and more naturally proportioned. The WarLord line (some of best models I've seen) are a bit taller than GW models, but again, more naturally proportioned. I've used thier Marcus Gideon (http://reapermini.com/gallery/crusadersu/14055_G_001) figure from the WarLords line for a Battle Standard Bearer (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kotobuki99/whfb/bsb_wip_02.jpg) in my Brettonian army. I've also got thier fantastic Duke Gerard (http://reapermini.com/gallery/crusadersu/14068_G), which i'll be converting into the Space Marine Primarch Lion El'Johnson

calebh124
04-02-2006, 20:45
thank you. does anyone have any better ideas than a Lahmian Lady for Priscilla, cause i know theres got to be something better

ROCKY
05-02-2006, 03:40
Ummmm, how about a red head bretonian damsel on steed?

calebh124
05-02-2006, 03:54
yeah that could workbut dont all the mounted bret damsels have some weird hat thing? well i could just get rid of that. thanks man. keep up with the ideas. Once i build the army I'll have 22 people plus what ever ideas people give me or i get between now and then so this is cool.

Kotobuki
05-02-2006, 05:01
I don't really know anything about the specific folks you're looking for, but since somebody suggested the current Brettonian damsel, what about the classic sorceress (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=9947020303101&orignav=9) from them?

calebh124
05-02-2006, 05:34
that would work perfetly if i could covert the sword arm to a book

Kotobuki
05-02-2006, 05:52
Maybe? (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=9947010805604&orignav=9) They're both for the right arm, not the left... But a little GS'ing could make it work? Also, I'm not trying specifically to force you down the GW path, just that it so convenient.

calebh124
05-02-2006, 05:54
Thank you. and i was trying to stay more to GW so its cool

calebh124
05-02-2006, 22:11
alright my idea for heath as of now is a grail knight riding a wyvern and i was wondering if anyone had any better (or cheaper) ideas, or any ideas for that matter

calebh124
06-02-2006, 22:31
all right my army has been decided upon. I'll start posting as soon as i get a couple of models bought built and painted

ROCKY
07-02-2006, 23:25
Good luck and may the chaos gods be with you! By the way There is one FE character we forgot to talk about.....Ninian (and nills) use white flaglent bodies plus green haired bretonian damsel head and green haired male head!
Long live the BF (black fang). ps. My favorite non playable character....White Wolf Loyd!

calebh124
08-02-2006, 03:06
okee dokee I've decided the first model I'll put is Heath being the most expensive and probably hardest to paint, get ahold of, and make so I can go ahead and get him out of the way. So does anyone out there have a riderless orc wyvern and a horseless bretonnian grail knight?