PDA

View Full Version : High Elves of Caledor

Eoloran
09-01-2010, 00:42
This is the first High Elves list I have ever made, so I'm not sure how well it works. It's just for friendly games at home, I don't intend to bring it to any tournaments or such.

Lords & Heroes

Prince Eoloran - 239 Points

Barded Elven Steed

Armour of Caledor

Star Lance

Noble - 141 Point

Dragon Armour

Lion Standard

Foe Bane

Dragon Mage of Caledor - 435 Points

Level 2 Wizard

Sigil of Asuryan

Silver Wand

Core

Spearmen * 20 - 205 Points

Full Command

Full Command

Full Command

Special

Dragon Princes of Caledor * 9 - 365 Points

Full Command with Standard of Balance

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100 Points

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100 Points

Any comments? My prince is going with the Dragon Princes and my noble is going with one of the Spearmen units. Should I add or remove anything?

LKHERO
09-01-2010, 02:41
Lords & Heroes
Prince Eoloran - 239 Points
Barded Elven Steed
Armour of Caledor

Complete waste. Full Dragon Armor + Shield on barded horse gives you a 2+ save. Give him a Enchanted Shield + Vambraces of Defense + Star Lance for a 1+ re-rollable with 4+ Ward.

For your BSB, give him Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix and a Great Weapon for a 2+/5+.

Drop 2 Spear Regiments for 20x White Lions or Phoenix Guard. Find points for 2x Great Eagles to go with your RBTs for march blocking, misdirecting and WM hunting.

Blueskies
09-01-2010, 03:27
He is trying to build a caledor army so I think he is avoiding things like white lions, and guards.

I would drop the dragon mage as it will be shot at with everything they got. For magic defence, just take a lvl 1 mage scroll caddy on barded steed, if you want to take lore of fire every time that is flavourfull enough.

To save some points, 15 spears + command is sufficient.

Don't rank up your princes, you lack units, with the points saved from your spears, dragonmage , you can mount up your bsb, and probably field 3 sets of 6 princes with standards and magic banners in each.

Also see LKhero's post about how to equip the general and bsb, but take a lance of course once you mount the bsb. and really do try to fit the eagles, charge redirect is usefull.

LKHERO
09-01-2010, 05:21
^ His BSB isn't mounted.. that's why he's given AoC/GP. If he was mounted, give him Helm of Fortune and Guardian Phoenix (for a 1+ re-rollable and a 5+ ward). Or else you can just keep him mounted but give him the Battle Banner.