PDA

View Full Version : Worst Character Item combinations Competition

Nicha11
09-01-2010, 05:40
For a bit of fun I've been thinking about all the cr*ptacular combinations that warhammer fantasy has to offer.

I thought it would be interesting to see some of the very worst.
Please post your character and his equipment and tell us why your combination is the very worst.

Here's Mine

High Elf Archmage, lv4 , Null Stone

A 360pt Wizard who will never ever cast a spell.

Can any combination beat or equal that (even if it can't please post your worst possible combinations).

Condottiere
09-01-2010, 05:48
Can't think of anything that's that self-defeating, though there are any number of items that are way too expensive for their effects or useless against certain opponents.

Dispel Scroll against Dwarves.

kaubin
09-01-2010, 05:56
A level 4 Dark elf Sorceress with Ring of Hotek and 3 Power Stones. She might cast spells but she's more likely to commit suicide by miscast.

Stumpy
09-01-2010, 06:43
Oldblood with the staff of the lost sun (saurus are BS0).
A lizardmen army with the dragonfly of quicksilver. Even if it has chameleons.
That skaven banner that makes them hate dwarves, on clanrats.
Empire wizard lord with laurels of vicory.
A master engineer with... heh, anything.

Nicha11
09-01-2010, 06:53
Oldblood with the staff of the lost sun (saurus are BS0).

:D Now thats one of the worst combinations out there.

ooglatjama
09-01-2010, 06:53
MRo Gromril
Ro Stone
Ro Stone

lord on shieldbearers with shield

Condottiere
09-01-2010, 07:59
I thought you couldn't improve on the AS; if that were the case, would you still be permitted to add them on?

LKHERO
09-01-2010, 08:27
I thought you couldn't improve on the AS; if that were the case, would you still be permitted to add them on?

That's why it's Uber fail.

WLBjork
09-01-2010, 08:31
Taking MR of Swiftness when you know you're up against High Elves.

danny-d-b
09-01-2010, 08:39
takeing the speculam on a templar grandmaster

takeing the mace of helstorm on a templar grand master

Lord of Skulls
09-01-2010, 08:59
Dark elf sorceress with the Sacrificial Dagger, mounted on a Dragon...

Tae
09-01-2010, 09:40
A level 4 Dark elf Sorceress with Ring of Hotek and 3 Power Stones. She might cast spells but she's more likely to commit suicide by miscast.

Nah, even better, give her a Black Staff and the Ring instead.

So she can make even more dice that if she uses she'll blow up.

brawnyman1989
09-01-2010, 18:18
A Brettonian caster with the item that doubles power dice, but doesn't allow you to cast....

Leogun_91
09-01-2010, 18:24
Oldblood with the staff of the lost sun (saurus are BS0).Maybe someone casts blinding light on them, then they become BS1.

Taking MR of Swiftness when you know you're up against High Elves.
Combine it with two runes of speed on a Deamonslayer and it is actually quite fun.

The dragonhide banner for ogres in a unit that isn't filled with characters.

Wolfmother
09-01-2010, 18:42
any 100point magic weapon as charecters rareley have any save whatsover

Kayosiv
09-01-2010, 18:49
A Death Hag BSB with the standard of Slaughter... with a cauldron of blood.

Dark elf cold ones carrying the Dread Banner or Lizardmen cold ones carrying the totem of prophecy.

A Vampire with the Dreadlance... on foot.

The sacred stegadon helm on a skink chief... for any reason. You could get a naked scar-veteran who would be significantly better in every way or at least equal for less points. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT ITEM? Perhaps just a themed skink only list, I guess.

O&G'sRule
09-01-2010, 18:50
ogre battle standard with dragonhide. For all those pesky ice magic spells you come up against

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
09-01-2010, 19:00
Star Lance...on a Mage. On foot.

An Oldblood with Carnosaur Pendant...mounted on a Carnosaur.

Griefbringer
09-01-2010, 19:09
A Brettonian caster with the item that doubles power dice, but doesn't allow you to cast....

Sacrament of the Lady.

For further fun, one could try giving the prophetess also a Holy Icon (Magic Resistance 3), when the model already comes with Magic Resistance 2 by default.

Galatan
09-01-2010, 19:15
An Oldblood with Carnosaur Pendant...mounted on a Carnosaur.
Funny thing is....I've seen people actually take that combination.

Virtue of Duty on your bret lord.

R-Love
09-01-2010, 20:31
Blade of Realities and Carnosaur Pendant on a Slann (He lost the No Armour or weapons rule :))

For ***** and giggles, put him in the second rank of a unit of Temple Guard (You never know, that one attack might get lucky)

Aratus
09-01-2010, 21:08
Ogre BSB with any of the magic banners

Stumpy
09-01-2010, 22:03
There isn't too much wrong with the carnosaur pendant on oldblood on carnosaur. The carnosaur and he become frenzied, they both gain an attack. Yay.

Nicha11
09-01-2010, 22:05
There isn't too much wrong with the carnosaur pendant on oldblood on carnosaur. The carnosaur and he become frenzied, they both gain an attack. Yay.

Except the Carnosaur does exaclty the same thing naturally.

These are some great combinations guys, but there must be worse out there!

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
09-01-2010, 22:23
Any Mage wielding any magic item (unless said Mage is in a Daemon, WoC or Ogre army).

High Elf Prince w. Folariath's Robes (actually are they an arcane item?) An awesome fighty character who can't actually fight in close combat. I can see it being useful for a BSB, though.

theunwantedbeing
09-01-2010, 22:46
Necromancer on foot, Helm of Commandment.

For when you really really need your troops to be ws3.
Especially pointless in an army not containing any skeletons or zombies.

For Empire,
Empire general on a Griffon, carrying the orb of thunder weilding the sword of fate, being sure to pick something he has no intention of fighting.

Arnizipal
09-01-2010, 22:55
A Vampire with the Dreadlance... on foot.

Both not legal I think. You can't take a lance unless mounted.

Any Mage wielding any magic item (unless said Mage is in a Daemon, WoC or Ogre army).
Arcane items are magical items ;)

BossBadBad
09-01-2010, 22:55
Any OK Hero/Lord using the Spangleshard.
Probably the only item that actually DOESN'T help against what it was designed to. (High strength attacks.)

theunwantedbeing
09-01-2010, 23:02
Any OK Hero/Lord using the Spangleshard.
Probably the only item that actually DOESN'T help against what it was designed to. (High strength attacks.)

Depends what they roll to be honest.
It's worse vs low strength attacks than high strength ones.

Although using it with the +1 toughness big name, and then giving him +1 toughness from a spell somewhat defeats the usefulness of the item.

Ward.
09-01-2010, 23:05

Wins on the awesome scale though.

Most of the skaven magic items are pretty pants, so any character + items from the book :p:shifty::cries:

Mr. Gobbo
09-01-2010, 23:05
Savage Orc character with Talisman of Protection and Guzzla's Battle Brew

Night Goblin Great Shaman with Staff of Sneaky Stealin', The Collar of Zorga, and The Pipes of Doom against a Dwarf army

Slann Mage-Priest with Disciple "Focus of Mystery", Plaque of Topek, and Glyph Necklace

Leogun_91
09-01-2010, 23:18
Right got one, a necromancer on corpsecart, with balefire spike (allright since it's that cheap it's allright but it's still a useless item for him).

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
09-01-2010, 23:24
Arcane items are magical items ;)

Typo. I meant magic weapon.

Gaargod
09-01-2010, 23:40
The new beastmen 100pts magic weapon. Your S = their unmodded LD. Great. Except it doesn't work for armour modifiers, and costs 100pts, so no other gear. Its basically 'wound on 2s versus most things in the game', but without the other bonuses. For more.

Necromancer with zombie shaking stick (Scepte de Noirot) who didn't buy raise dead spell.

Virtue of Empathy. Just... in general. Virtue of Penitent is fairly rubbish too. Ruby goblet versus daemons too :D

Hydras' Teeth, Overpriced. Or pearl of infinite blackness, on a black guard champion.

Jagosaja
10-01-2010, 01:54
Vampire BSB with Standard of Hellish Vigour / Icon of Vengeance... in unit of Blood Knights... on foot.

Even better, if the BSB is truly in Blood Knights, make it a Wight King, not a Vampire.

Enigmatik1
10-01-2010, 02:12
Liche Priest with the Serpent Staff

Icon Bearer with the Blade of Mourning

Stronginthearm
10-01-2010, 04:42
Dwarven Master Engineer(who already epic fails at life) in a unit of warriors

Edit: Dwarven MasterRun of Kragg the Grim, with normal weapon, in a unit of warriors (happy?)

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
10-01-2010, 04:56
Dwarven Master Engineer(who already epic fails at life) in a unit of warriors

Thats not an item combination.

Empire Engineer w. Armour of Meteoric Iron. While he's sitting at the back of a field, minding some artillery piece.

inq.serge
10-01-2010, 12:07
Acid-blood and daemon-sword is quite bad, since when you wound yourself with it, you are hit with an additional st4 attack.

The man who lives by his daemonsword dies by his daemonsword.

Commodus Leitdorf
10-01-2010, 13:48
I'll put this up, though many will simply say "Who plays CD"s anyway?" but I think its worth mentioning...

Chaos Dwarf Sorceror Lord
Level 4
On a Lammasu
With the Talisman of Obsidian

525pts for a sorceror lord that cant cast magic (due to the talisman) on a Large target mount that has no save of any kind and cant fight its way out of a paper bag with its measily 2 attacks.

Man I hope the rumors are true and we get something new soon...

TheMav80
10-01-2010, 16:10
Except the Carnosaur does exaclty the same thing naturally.

These are some great combinations guys, but there must be worse out there!

Right, but this way your Oldblood attacks first, does a wound, and becomes frenzied. Then, because the Oldblood is frenzied, the Carn becomes frenzied, giving him +1 attack right away instead of waiting for him to do a wound.

Havock
10-01-2010, 16:28

Empire Engineer w. Armour of Meteoric Iron. While he's sitting at the back of a field, minding some artillery piece.

Simply means you must model him in a bomb disposal suit. :p

boogle
10-01-2010, 16:36
Engineers can't have magic items anymore, can they?

Lijacote
10-01-2010, 16:38
A Staff of Change on a Herald of Tzeentch. Oh gods, the uselessness

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
10-01-2010, 16:45
Any model on foot, standing in a ranked unit, with the Loremaster's Cloak.

Any character bringing the Cloak of Beards or Pendant of Vengeance against an opponent that isn't Dwarves.

Any Hero-level character using the Healing Potion, period.

Awilla the Hun
10-01-2010, 17:27
Bretonnian Duke with Virtue of Empathy. What a waste of points!

I use that, of course.

danny-d-b
10-01-2010, 17:30
Bretonnian Duke with Virtue of Empathy. What a waste of points!

I use that, of course.us

not realy, I once saw an army win a lot like that, in the day berfore berbos, a bret lord with lots of people casting bears anger at him!

Razakel
10-01-2010, 17:44
Although it isn't awful - Dwarf Lord with the Master Rune of Skalf Blackhammer and Rune of Might. Always wounding on a 2+ and double strength against T5 targets or higher. If your going to always be wounding on a 2+ the Rune of Might becomes kind of... pointless.

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
10-01-2010, 18:27
Not necessarily. Wounding on 2+ isnt the same as strength 10 when it comes to negating armour saves.

Razakel
10-01-2010, 18:31
You would be strength 8 not 10. And if you were wounding on a 2+ for the purposes of armour negation than anything of toughness 5 will be at strength 7. Which is -4, enough in my opinion.

Laughingmonk
11-01-2010, 02:41

Illegal. Empire Engineers cannot take magic items. Yet another reason why they suck horribly.

The Chaos Dwarf sorccerer is pretty bad. The Lammasu is kind of :wtf:

Godgolden
11-01-2010, 02:53
WC - daemonprince.

ChaosVC
11-01-2010, 03:47
How can anyone forget the WOC super combo inferno puppet with the "Tongue of miscast" (forgotten the name). It may not be the worst combi but suprise your oponent with it! Make your own failed cast into miscast and infernal puppet yourself to Boom!

Maoriboy007
11-01-2010, 18:51
TK Icon bearer with...anything really, the character is a fail on an epic scale.
Heirophant Liche priest with serpent staff.
"Sorry you want to give your toughness 3, 2 wound ,kills-your-army-when-he-dies, a single re-rollable poisoned attack?"
*Smacks back of head*

N810
11-01-2010, 19:03
Skink Priest with a horned one on a stegadon...
(a silly but legial combination)

Gunless Ganger
11-01-2010, 19:14
Skink Priest with a horned one on a stegadon...
(a silly but legial combination)

Dinos, riding Dinos, on Dinosaurs!

haha - if this is legal you just made my day - and I'm totally using it in my next game!

wingedserpant
11-01-2010, 20:45
Ogre BSB with the Frost banner....

xragg
11-01-2010, 21:17
Treeman Ancient with Blight of Terror and Respendence of Luminescents (gives terror // gives bearer and unit magical attacks -- both the treeman has already)

Wood Elf spellcaster with Bow of Loren (can shot as many times as you have attacks on your profile, which is still 1 for a caster)

Wood Elf level 4 caster (choosing beasts or life lore) with Calaingor's stave (only works on treesinging with they wouldnt have)

tmarichards
11-01-2010, 23:06
DE level 4 wth the Sacrificial Dagger and Ring of Hotek, in a unit of Black Guard.

theunwantedbeing
11-01-2010, 23:13
DE level 4 wth the Sacrificial Dagger and Ring of Hotek, in a unit of Black Guard.

It's more fun in a unit populated mostly by other characters :P
ie. the pendant regen lord, a BsB, malekith, shadowblade, darkblade, lokhir and a heap of assasins

GodSlayer
12-01-2010, 02:07
Got one:
Dwarf Slayer with only one of the two: the Rune of Kragg or Rune of Fury.
20/25 points to forgo the advantage of having slayer's axes (and choosing one or the other)

ScalySkin
12-01-2010, 03:18
Old Blood on foot with Horn of Kygor in an army without any cold ones.

This item would use up his 100pt magic item limit for no benefit other than enemy cavalry fearing him.

The horned one/steg combination is not legal as a cold one is a requirement for this item. (see faq to confirm this) It would be cool to have another dino on top of a steg, imagine having a terradon sitting on the howdah, ready to fly off and terrorize everyone.

Bard Harlock
12-01-2010, 03:45
It would be cool to have another dino on top of a steg, imagine having a terradon sitting on the howdah, ready to fly off and terrorize everyone.

Oh my heck! That is like the most brilliant idea ever! I so want an aircraft carrier for my Lizardmen Army now. How many terradons do you think we could fit on a Thunder Lizard's back?

N810
12-01-2010, 13:30
Old Blood on foot with Horn of Kygor in an army without any cold ones.

This item would use up his 100pt magic item limit for no benefit other than enemy cavalry fearing him.

The horned one/steg combination is not legal as a cold one is a requirement for this item. (see faq to confirm this) It would be cool to have another dino on top of a steg, imagine having a terradon sitting on the howdah, ready to fly off and terrorize everyone.

oops I forgot that it got FAQed...

I think the horn/old blood on foot is a good candiate, that or the Ogre with the anti-ice magic banner.

Enigmatik1
12-01-2010, 13:36
TK Icon bearer with...anything really, the character is a fail on an epic scale.

This goes without saying, I chose the Blade of Mourning because...well, I don't see the point of the item in the list. So we're doubling up on :wtf: choices. :)

Heirophant Liche priest with serpent staff.
"Sorry you want to give your toughness 3, 2 wound ,kills-your-army-when-he-dies, a single re-rollable poisoned attack?"
*Smacks back of head*

Good one. The only thing worse than a generic Liche Priest with the Serpent Staff is the Hierophant using it. :p

Havock
12-01-2010, 17:58
Ok, not a character but: Chosen unit champion with pendant of Slaanesh.

Lordsaradain
12-01-2010, 18:32
Ok, not a character but: Chosen unit champion with pendant of Slaanesh.

Yeah thats pretty damn useless. :P

Stronginthearm
12-01-2010, 23:56
Wight King BSB with banner of Mousilon, yes kids we sacrifice a 210(bare minimum) unit to do 1d6 s4 hits and they can stop that any time by putting the banner down and being satisfied that you just threw away 200+ points to deny them a 100 point banner

Anaris
13-01-2010, 11:59
Wood Elf Wild Rider Noble/Highborn w/Fumblewinter Shard.

As for the very 1st response in the thread. HE Archmage with a Null Stone. He can cast spells, it's only magic items and runes that don't work.

Shazarn
13-01-2010, 13:27

I was going to say Executioner's Axe but then realized that with WS 4, something might actually die, horribly.

Havock
14-01-2010, 01:15
Yeah thats pretty damn useless. :P

"You'll kill me now, but I am so going to kick your ass in the afterlife!"

kieulinh
14-01-2010, 01:29
good guy !!!

Havock
14-01-2010, 01:40
I was going to say Executioner's Axe but then realized that with WS 4, something might actually die, horribly.

Don't forget hatred! :')

Shazarn
14-01-2010, 02:50
Don't forget hatred! :')

Oh my god I did

So... said sorceress could take out a High Elf Prince on a Dragon not too badly, except for the whole 1 attack thing... hehe

Foegnasher
14-01-2010, 03:23
grey seer with the fellblade.