PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol

Forgotmytea
01-02-2006, 22:03
Yeah, this is probably the stupidest thread you'll read today, but anyway :rolleyes: here goes. I haven't bought WD for ages by the way (before someone says, "check WD!").

Is there any update on Border Patrol overriding the rule stating that, "You must include at least one infantry unit of 10+ models"? Because I'm halfway through a themed Wolf Rider raiding force for Border patrol, and I really don't want 20 clophopping Goblins wandering round like they've just got off a bus - nothing wrong with blocks of gobbos, I like them, but it would rather ruin the theme a bit... :(

-Forgotmytea

EvC
01-02-2006, 23:20
GW apparently abandoned the entire concept of border patrol a couple of months ago with their appalling "buy our battalions!" 500 point article in White Dwarf. Not that it really makes a difference, the last few times (months ago) I went to a GW store for a quick game a 500 point match-up generally meant facing three characters with one or two units to fill up the requirements.

Major Defense
02-02-2006, 01:51
'Border Patrol' is still outlined on the UK site. Also look for 'Skirmish' and 'Warbands' rules on the US and UK sites. Small battles are fun and quick!

Forgotmytea
02-02-2006, 15:27
Thanks guys! My WD subscription ran out months ago, and I haven't had the time/money to resubscribe/look elsewhere for this info.

Thanks again! :)

-Forgotmytea