PDA

View Full Version : The Emperors Champion

Lu Bu
01-02-2006, 22:39
Is it just me or should the emperors champion sword be master crafted. I mean read th fluff. Also look at his attacks. 2 that means he only had 1 attack before he got honers. He should definitely get pwered up.

blitz589
01-02-2006, 22:42
I think hes good enough, for 140pts your entire army hits on a 3+, and you get a IC thats toting around a S6 PW.

Lyonator
01-02-2006, 22:43
The choice between one and two handed more than makes up for a lack of mastercrafting.
<er, excuse me if Im getting him mixed up, been a while since I've had to play one>

blitz589
01-02-2006, 22:46
The choice between one and two handed more than makes up for a lack of mastercrafting.
<er, excuse me if Im getting him mixed up, been a while since I've had to play one>
I think you are thinking of the old codex, now its a PW that adds +2 to his strength. He also now buys his vows, but I think he is cheaper then before.

ffclubhero
02-02-2006, 01:01
I would say Master Crafted, but I haven't seen the new stats, just the 3ed. Maybe for game balance they left that alone?

On the other hand, uber ICs should be armed to the teeth with all kinds of cool kit so who knows.

Icewalker
02-02-2006, 01:28
Not having seen it myself, it seems like a nasty character as is. Don't think he needs much else, do you? He's pretty strong as is.

skyfyre
02-02-2006, 02:16
The main thing about EC that I think is lame is that he can't join a squad and he can't benefit from RZ from nearby squads. He tends to fall behind fairly fast trying to keep up with footsloggers. At least the vows he allows you to take are pretty decent values.

Lastie
02-02-2006, 09:27
The main thing about EC that I think is lame is that he can't join a squad and he can't benefit from RZ from nearby squads.

He can join a squad, just not a Command Squad (odd I know ...).

As for his strengths - he's a Space Marine with higher WS than than most commanders, carries a S6 Power Weapon, Artificer Armour and a Rosarius-like Invulnerable Save (only in combat though, which sucks slightly). And he can single-out any IC in the combat he's in. And he gives awesome abilities to the entire army. I don't think he needs any more powering up.