PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a bit premature, but...

Caligula
10-01-2010, 02:12
Hey there everyone. As some of you may know, I'm currently a Skaven player(and always will be, first and foremost), and have a pretty large collection of them fully painted at the moment(likely around 4000 points, all told). I love playing my Skaven, and I'll likely be adding to them for some time to come. Can't get enough of them...

That said, the new Beastmen have caught my eye, big time. Despite some of the negative responses I've seen in regards to much of the new releases for them, I actually really, really like them. So much so, that I'm pretty set on starting an army of them as my second force, just for some variety(not that Skaven don't provide enough variety as it is! Yet again, another reason to love them...) and for the fact that I'm in love with the models and the possibilities they offer for conversions and such.

Now, I've read through the rumour roundup, rumour summaries, and just about any information I could get on the upcoming Beastmen release, and I'm happy to see a lot of the information this time around is pretty out in the open. That said, it leaves me wondering where to begin. This is where you all come in.

I'm looking for basic ideas on where a brand new Beastmen player should begin their army at. Usually I tend to begin with a 2000 point force, and go from there. So, for starters, I'm looking for a 2000 point army, plain and simple. What I'm looking for is a basic outline for what you think would make for a decent and characterful 2000 point Beastmen force using the upcoming list. Obviously you're suggestions don't need to be entirely specific, as many people have yet to even see the book, but merely a general guideline. It would be very helpful in getting things planned for myself, so I can begin right away as soon as the new models are released. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to what you might have to say.

narrativium
10-01-2010, 09:36
It would be premature to post lists here, since the army book isn't out until February.