PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Skaven - First Warhammer Army Ever :)

lordsigmund
11-01-2010, 01:03
My first warhammer army ever, going for a sort-of pestilens-themed force. Will be playing against a couple friends who don't run with particularly shooty armies (will swap in the storm banner if I play a shooty army)

Plague Priest Level 2, Flail, Scrying Stone, Shadow Magnet Trinket, Plague Furnace 334 points

30 Plague Monks Full Command, Banner of the Under-Empire 260 points

Chieftain Battle Standard Bearer, Tail Weapon, Poisoned Attacks, Shield, Shroud of Dripping Death 125 points (with Clanrats)

39 Clanrats Full Command, Shields 199.5 points
Warpfire Thrower 70 points

20 Skavenslaves 40 points

20 Skavenslaves Musician 42 points

7 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster 29 points

6 Plague Censer Bearers 96 points

6 Plague Censer Bearers 96 points

Doomwheel 150 points

1499.5 points

Comments/advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first shot at an army list. I tried combine things I read other people using and what i can make from boxed sets of miniatures.

lordsigmund
11-01-2010, 14:56
Bump for advice please

PeG
11-01-2010, 19:22
I havent played skaven with the new book so someone else will have to check that you actually followed requirements for number of core, special, rare etc and magical items while I can only offer more general advice.

It is a rather hard list with furnace+ doomwheel at 1500 points. If this is a good thing or not depends on your playing environment ie if your opponents have something to deal with it.

However what is possibly missing is the stormbanner which means that your opponents will most likely get a couple of turns of shooting before you will be in combat. This probably means that for example the plague censer bearers will have some problems with staying alive unless properly screened (if possible depending on terrain). On the other hand leaving out the stormbanner makes your list a more fun opponent for many armies without making it weak.

Why a musician on the slaves? if the only reason is that you had 2 points to spare its ok but they are not going to win combat anyway and since they explode they dont need one to rally.

lordsigmund
11-01-2010, 19:55
However what is possibly missing is the stormbanner which means that your opponents will most likely get a couple of turns of shooting before you will be in combat. This probably means that for example the plague censer bearers will have some problems with staying alive unless properly screened (if possible depending on terrain). On the other hand leaving out the stormbanner makes your list a more fun opponent for many armies without making it weak.

Why a musician on the slaves? if the only reason is that you had 2 points to spare its ok but they are not going to win combat anyway and since they explode they dont need one to rally.

About the stormbanner, I did put that in my post :)

And I had some spare points for the musician yeah

evisor
12-01-2010, 01:18
It's your first warhammer list ever ?

Well. Level some. Play as many games as you can. There is no need in optimizing this list further for a first timer. It's good enough and should provide you with a good platform.

PeG
12-01-2010, 13:26
About the stormbanner, I did put that in my post :)

swapping equipment or units depending on what army you face is often not considered to be good sportmanship since it is very easy to optimize some armies against certain opponents.