PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pt Tourny Mono-Nurgle Daemon army

titos334
11-01-2010, 00:07
I am looking for input on the list, I want to see if this is a competitive list for 2000 pt tournaments using this Mono-Nurgle list. I can include units from other gods such ass Hounds or Flamers if i need them to be able to compete at a higher level

Lord: Great Unclean One, Lvl 1, trappings of nurgle, noxious vapors

Hero: Herald of Nurgle, lvl 1, noxious vapors, BSB Standard of Sundering

Herald of Nurgle, lvl 1, noxious vapors

Core: Plaugebearers(19) full command

Plaugebearers(19) full command

Plaugebearers(10)

Special: Nurglings(3)

Nurglings(3)

Rare: Beasts of Nurgle(2)

Total Pts: 2,001

Im just looking for any comments or advice to make the list better or any thoughts on it at all

Jind_Singh
11-01-2010, 05:06
trouble with the GUO is that while he's a fine looking centre piece, he takes up so many points!
Id rather flood the field with nurglings and a really cool converted fury unit - add some much need speed and mayham with all those scouts and fliers.
I'd go for 1 large block like yours and keep the 2nd one smaller - the 3rd one pure basic like you did.
That wya you'd provide more headaches to the enemy - nurlgings can be a royal pain in the ass when used properly!

titos334
11-01-2010, 05:27
trouble with the GUO is that while he's a fine looking centre piece, he takes up so many points!
Id rather flood the field with nurglings and a really cool converted fury unit - add some much need speed and mayham with all those scouts and fliers.
I'd go for 1 large block like yours and keep the 2nd one smaller - the 3rd one pure basic like you did.
That wya you'd provide more headaches to the enemy - nurlgings can be a royal pain in the ass when used properly!

Hrmmm yeah I was thinking of using a flying daemon prince which would free up points and possibly dropping the Beasts for Hounds which id convert and paint to show that Nurgle had infected them. Furies could work as well. Maybe increase the size of the nurgling units. I definitely dont want to use slanesh or tzeentch I hate the models and am opposed to those gods. I am definitely a fan of Nurgle, and wouldnt mind using Khorne but Furies and Hounds is as far as I'd go.

titos334
11-01-2010, 20:23
Updated list:

Lord: Daemon Prince, Nurgle Lvl 1, trappings of nurgle, winged horror

Hero: Herald of Nurgle, lvl 1, noxious vapors, BSB Standard of Sundering

Herald of Nurgle, lvl 1, noxious vapors

Core: Plaugebearers(19) full command

Plaugebearers(19) full command

Plaugebearers(10)

Furies(5)

Special: Nurglings(4)

Nurglings(3)

Flesh Hounds(5)

Total Pts: 2,001

Would you consider this a competitive list? What changes could be made to make it better, I'm not completely sure about dropping the great unclean one but I think the Hounds would be better than having the 2 Beasts of Nurgle and the larger nurglings unit would be better at tying up a unit. Furies and a unit of Nurglings can go after the war machines or missile troops.