PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Tyranids

velkore1134
11-01-2010, 06:16
So I've been out of the game for a few months, noticed a new edition codex is out. My questions are

1) did any of the preexisting models get a makeover?

2) is the new codex for the better or did it make us worse, summed up, what are the biggest changes

Nicha11
11-01-2010, 06:29
Gargolyes and Raveners got a makeover in the model department.
They also added a host of new creatures (only a few have models).

The opinion on the new codex is still somewhat split.

1 half are screaming: "OMgZ! teh codex is ruined damn you GW I'll never ever ever ever buy a model again".

The 2nd half are generally saying: "They may have changed everything but it's all better:shifty: really:shifty: it's all good:shifty:."

Phenski
11-01-2010, 06:31
1. Gaunts were re-cut into boxes of hormagaunts and termagants. Plastic Gargoyles and Ravenors. This is on GWs website. Otherwise there are only new creatures.

2. There are alot of changes, some good some bad. Depends on how YOU play and the GROUP of people you play with. There are many, many threads on the supposed strengths and weaknesses of the new dex. Use Warseers search function in the future, else you will get flamed on your own thread! Not good! :)

Cluveru
11-01-2010, 06:44
Use Warseers search function in the future, else you will get flamed on your own thread! Not good! :)

Don't worry, no tyranid players will flame you. Not after they've read the stats/point cost for the new pyrovore.

If you've been away a while you should check up on the GW website. The new models are awesome IMHO. They (and the codex btw) will not be out in stores untill next saturday though.

Also notice that the battleforce have been changed, now with more gaunts and one less carnifex.

Vineas
11-01-2010, 06:53
I'm of the good codex side. IME and IMO the current (as the 16th is still 6 days away) has more crap units than the new codex. Lictors currently suck, stealers are overpriced, zoanthropes suck, warriors suck, current VC sucks, 113pt dakkafexes are OP and broken and the only reason they are taken.

New codex: HT is better, Lictors are way better, DL is in the rules and so boss, stealers are a lot cheaper and a lot better, dakkafex is out (good), my screamer killers are going to be better under the new even if they are twice the points (and with all the stuff I gave mine they actually are around the same cost even if they did lose some survivability), new units like Venomthropes being good; zoans get a lot better vs tanks, new plastic gargoyles who IMO have better rules and are cheaper; Trygon/Mawloc to work in concert with my Screamer killers; warriors are better even with loss of EW.

So much good in the new codex. If I was you I'd hit up your nearest GW store and look at the preview codex (most stores have it already) or if you search hard enough you could find it as a torrent.

Phenski
12-01-2010, 01:13
dakkafex is out (good)

Not quite true, used the leaked codex a few times now... Dakkafexes are very much alive and well! They now have 12 TL shots(!!!), S6, extra bs and attacks and battering ram if you need it. But theyre now 190pts ea (just carni + 2 Devs), no living ammo, no ap.
So theyre still pretty awesome, you now just pay the points for em! ;)

Thrax
12-01-2010, 01:33
Current VC sucks? Then the new one REALLY sucks.

player21
12-01-2010, 03:14
Codex looks good from what I have saw, but there is some stuff in there that may never get played. All the old units are better, except maybe the fexs but that up for debate.