PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer rulebook in German

smallgreenguy
11-01-2010, 08:08
Hi there. I was wondering, does anyone know where I can find a warhammer fantasy rulebook in German? Possibly online in PDF format or some such thing. I haven't had any luck at all trying to find one. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer!

The Red Scourge
11-01-2010, 08:21
You could go into GWs german site and buy one.

Stealing copyrighted material would be a crime :)

Bloodknight
11-01-2010, 08:25
Why do you need it in German?

Try ebay for a BfSP mini-rulebook, they come up quite often.

Condottiere
11-01-2010, 08:37
Two reasons, the poster is going to play against some Teutonic opposition or the text might allow some interpretation more favourable to his play style.

Ultimate Life Form
11-01-2010, 09:18
Ah, you're the one who'll be going to Stuttgart, right? :)

Well, we can't just let you steal copyrighted material here I'm afraid...

Also I doubt GW will send you a German BRB because they also refused to sell me English Army Books... :confused:

Well, GW, the big player who are the source of it all are unable to provide me with English material but thankfully my lowly LGS does. So I suggest you just ask in a non-GW shop. They may be able to get what you want. Or try online shopping.

Be prepared to face the wrath of the fierce Teutonic opposition! :evilgrin:

Bloodknight
11-01-2010, 13:15
Also I doubt GW will send you a German BRB because they also refused to sell me English Army Books.

Happened to me, too, so I buy mine via Amazon or UK online retailers. Sometimes GW are idiots, that margin could have been theirs ^^.

I still wonder why exactly the OP needs a German book, though. The German books are more and more falling out of favour with the veteran players because of the often weak translation and errors, and since most of us speak English in some way or other, it's not needed anyway. There'll always be at least one guy in the store who can translate if you really run into somebody who doesn't speak English at all.

smallgreenguy
11-01-2010, 14:37
Thanks for the responses. I want the book more for comparative German language study rather than actually needing the rules. Something that I'm interested in like warhammer or clearing up rules is far more appealing than the terrible selection at our library, that's all. It was a longshot and I suppose if the English version is more widely used anyways I'll just stick with a different text, especially if updated I'll probably find it just as hard to find one again. Thanks for that information though.

Grimstonefire
11-01-2010, 18:57
Genius. No wonder I suck at foreign languages, I should have been studying warhammer instead of reading dry old boring GCSE books!

Griefbringer
11-01-2010, 19:30
The German translation of Warhammer might not really be a case of the most idiomatic German literature you might be able to find...

Unuhexium
11-01-2010, 20:28
Genius. No wonder I suck at foreign languages, I should have been studying warhammer instead of reading dry old boring GCSE books!

Authentic material usually beats the garbage course material makers try to pass off as schoolbooks today. I learned most of my English by studying Warhammer and Magic the Gathering rules.

Ultimate Life Form
11-01-2010, 20:36
I learned most of my English by studying Magic the Gathering rules.

True. So true. :rolleyes:

(Though it can't be denied a healthy dose of Video Games helped me a lot, too. So much for them not having any pedagogic value.)

Also the BRB is relatively sound in its translation; it's some of the (especially newer) Army Books that crap out (like in VC where they try to pass off an incantation as an incarnation - E.P.I.C F.A.I.L!)

Stonewyrm
11-01-2010, 21:37
Here in Switzerland I can order Warhammer books in any language I want or better said any that GW make. I live in the German speaking part but being born in Canada I get all my books in English. Switzerland is a multilingual country so it is easier to get things in different languages but I am suprised that you can't buy German rulebooks wherever you are. Or that someone in Germany can't buy an English Armybook/BSB. We don't have an official GW shop here but we do have a "Premium Dealer" that can get everything.

If you can't find any other options on the net (and you must be able too somehow) try www.tacticagames.ch but the site is only in german, it WILL be more expensive and im not sure how far they ship. It might work for those of you in Germany looking for English books. The store is in Zürich by the way.

I know what it's like to search for books in the "right" language so I hope you guys find some way to get what you need.

Stonewyrm