PDA

View Full Version : First Blood Angel Dex as Iron Hands Thread

Arbedark
11-01-2010, 15:11
So the rumours from the Blood Angels Rumour thread indicate that they can have more dreads than any other Space Marine army (7+ then).

So:

1. Iron Hands like Dreads
2. New Blood Angel Dex can have more dreads than any other
3. Iron Hands players use new powerful Blood Angel Dex for counts as Iron Hands
4. Profit!?

/Tongue-in-cheek thread

totgeboren
11-01-2010, 15:20
I'm sure many SW/DA/SM/CSM players will feel that the new BA codex fits their fluff much better than the latest power armour codex did.

But yeah, I immediately though about Iron Hands when I saw the comment about lots of dreadnoughts.

I have a hard time seeing how the BA codex would fit Iron Hands better than the SM codex though. They have no Death Company equivalent, and are not at all known for assaulting like Khorne Berzerkers either. Hopefully the BA pay for their focus on cc by having less specialized shooty options, and the IH feel very shooty. I dunno if this is the fluff for them, or if its just my IH playing friend who always plays shooty?

So I don't think we will see many IH players using the BA codex, since it makes little sense. Night Lords count-as BA on the other hand will probably be very common, with their heavy use of jump packs and being loonies.

Mannimarco
11-01-2010, 15:35
^ this

blood angels and iron hands are different, we cant just start latching on to a new dex and use it to represent our army because SOME of it is kinnda like what we have, doenst matter if the rest of it isnt, just as long as some of it is

so in this example yes the BA have lots of dreadnoughts and so to the IH, sounds fair so far but what about the death company? what about the preference for close assaults? neither of these particularly scream IH

ok so yeah this is a tongue in cheek thread and kudos to the OP for starting the trend

taking all bets folks, im offering 3 to 1 on the next "army x using codex y" being either necrons or tau wanting to use the BA dex "not for the rules, for the theme cuz im a fun player and this fits the theme"

and besides arnt the IH players using codex space wolves "cus it fits the theme better innit" what with the dreadnought hq and the mighty heroes and sagas

dingareth
11-01-2010, 18:35
For the last time people, Iron Hands do not have more Dreads than everyone else. In fact, some of their fluff states that they have LESS Dreads than other Chapters. However, they simply place a higher importance on being entombed in one than other Chapters, allowing the to lead Clan-Companies, where most other Chapter don't. The older (and less human) and Iron Hand is, the wiser and more capable leader they are. So no, Blood Angles wouldn't be a good idea, stick to Space Wolves with Bjorn.

WinglessVT2
11-01-2010, 19:38
Well, my dark iron blood wolf angels of the templar crusade are infinitely better represented by this book.

Tae
11-01-2010, 19:46
So no, Blood Angles wouldn't be a good idea, stick to Space Wolves with Bjorn.

This. Along with Terminator's leading 'tacticl' squads make puppies fit a lot better than BAs.

Side note: I play Iron Hands :)

Johnnyfrej
11-01-2010, 19:48
For the last time people, Iron Hands do not have more Dreads than everyone else. In fact, some of their fluff states that they have LESS Dreads than other Chapters. However, they simply place a higher importance on being entombed in one than other Chapters, allowing the to lead Clan-Companies, where most other Chapter don't. The older (and less human) and Iron Hand is, the wiser and more capable leader they are. So no, Blood Angles wouldn't be a good idea, stick to Space Wolves with Bjorn.

At least I'm not the only person to ever read the background, kudos.

To the OP, you win the internet contest for originality, kudos to you to (tongue-in-cheek).

Deetwo
11-01-2010, 19:52
What?!
Are you mad? Using Marines as Marines?

What happened to "Making a Dark Eldar army using the Blood Angels codex"?

Wicksy
11-01-2010, 20:03
how long until orks as blood angels is suggested? ;)

Lord Malorne
11-01-2010, 20:12
Chaos female orks as blood angels AND Space Wolves :p.

Lord Malorne

Johnnyfrej
11-01-2010, 20:14
Chaos female orks as blood angels AND Space Wolves :p.

Lord Malorne

Just as long as they are not female Space Marines, that would just be wrong :eek:

Lord Malorne
11-01-2010, 20:18
Sure sure :), being chaos explains it all!

Lord Malorne

Arbedark
11-01-2010, 20:20
At least I'm not the only person to ever read the background, kudos.

To the OP, you win the internet contest for originality, kudos to you to (tongue-in-cheek).

Yes, they have less, they have 8 for the entire chapter AFAIK.

Originality's over-rated, and non-existant.

@ dingbat whats his face:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek

DeadlySquirrel
11-01-2010, 20:27
Im thinking that Chaos-Tau would be better represented by the new BA codex =D

Or (dare i say it???) Sq**ts =D

Szafraniec
11-01-2010, 20:34
Chaos Necrons. Represented by the Tyranid Codex.

Mannimarco
11-01-2010, 21:26
arbedark: we are all familiar with the term tongue in cheek, this is warseer

female space marines led by one of the missing primarchs who are currently on a crusade with an imperial guard army heavily themed as an SS battalion spreading peace love and tolerance for all

using codex nids of course :D

DeadlySquirrel
11-01-2010, 21:33
this thread is hilarious =]

gotta love proxying </sarcasm>

nagash66
11-01-2010, 21:38
I just cant wait for the BA dex finally i will be able to say, see i HAVE dex, i just belive my BA are better represented with this eldar codex, unless i feel spitfu...i mean extra fluffy and play 2 deamon prince obli spam BA list...cause of the fluff you know

Shadowfax
11-01-2010, 21:51
I'm planning on using the Blood Angels codex to represent my Tyranids, and the Tyranids codex to represent my Dark Angels. Meanwhile, my Dark Angels codex will represent a bad decision.

DeadlySquirrel
11-01-2010, 22:02
Shadowfax, can i sig that? thats HILARIOUS, i actually lol'd

jay court
11-01-2010, 22:49
Well, my dark iron blood wolf angels of the templar crusade are infinitely better represented by this book.

Genius!!!!!!!!

spaint2k
12-01-2010, 03:07
What I wanna know is who's going to be proxying their Space Wolves using the Blood Angel codex?

player21
12-01-2010, 03:20
I am shocked no one want to proxy their army with the new nid dex.

Mannimarco
12-01-2010, 03:34
I for one consider it a good thing that nobody want to do the "army x using codex y" with the nids, it shows they havnt made a sickengly overpowered book whose sole purpose is "hey you buy this! its so freaking broken and if you dont buy it you wont win!"

dont be shocked, pretty much every other thread on here is basically "whaa they took the nerf hammer to my nidzilla and beat my carnifex like they were its daddy"

the whining has now officially reached chaos levels "whaa my freaking legion doesnt exist anymore! we went from being the biggest threat to the imperium to a bunch of slightly annoyed pirates with daddy issues, I dont want 3.5 back I just want most of its options back"

spaint2k: I think its safe to assume a large percentage of the blue salamanders (AKA vulkan led ultras) will be jumping on the bandwagon, I may even pop over to the new dex myself and see if it fits a night lords army......just for the theme you understand I dont care if the new rules are broken honest

Cognitave
12-01-2010, 05:28
I face-palmed so hard, I fractured my skull.