PDA

View Full Version : My boy's first empire list

Foegnasher
12-01-2010, 01:36
this is what we have, with what he thinks he wants in the list. please be gentle
please double check my points, math and other stuff
1300 points.

General:
Captain, barded warhorse, full plate, shield, doomfire ring, sword of might (119)
Hero:
Battle Wizard, lvl2, wizard's staff, white cloak (145)
Hero:
Master engineer, light armor, silver horn, hochland, pigeon bombs (147)

Core:
10 handgunners, mu, vet, hochland (110)
20 swordsmen, fc (145)
special
5 inner circle knights, fc, banner of the daemonslayer (220)
5 pistoliers, mu, vet, repeater handgun (114)
rare
steamtank (300)

1300 points (on the nose)
4 pd, + 2 bound
3 dispel dice
44 models
6 drops.

now this is (mostly) an 9 year olds list, coupled with "what we have" we could put in a warrior priest on foot or mounted, or add a knight or two.
what are your thoughts for this thing?

Ormo
12-01-2010, 08:57
Good starting point.
Drop the engineer and scurry up some points to buy a WP. Stick him on a horse with the knights and you have a good hammer unit.
At this points size, play around and see what works, especially as your boy is a young fella. And let him win some games ;-)

BigbyWolf
12-01-2010, 12:01
I second the dropping of the Engineer, when I played Empire they rarely did anything (and just FYO, they can't take magic items...).

A WP adds a little more hitting power and a magic bonus, and can be put in the knights or with the infantry, depending on where he would be better suited.

FLUEVOG
12-01-2010, 12:14
This is a solid little list!

The Steam Tank is a bit much at this point level, but I'm sure he thinks its cool so let him keep it.

I would change the Wizard's kit to a Rod of Power / Ring of Volans.

Drop the Daemonhunter Banner as you still have to pass a Fear test before charging any Fear-causing enemy. The Steel Standard may be more forgiving when he tries to guess a charge and the Warbanner always helps a knightly order - both are much cheaper too.

Drop the command + hochland from the Handgunners as well as the Engineer.

That should leave about 197 pts to play with. More State Troops!

FLUEVOG
12-01-2010, 12:16
This is a solid little list!

The Steam Tank is a bit much at this point level, but I'm sure he thinks its cool so let him keep it.

I would change the Wizard's kit to a Rod of Power / Ring of Volans.

Drop the Daemonhunter Banner as you still have to pass a Fear test before charging any Fear-causing enemy. The Steel Standard may be more forgiving when he tries to guess a charge and the Warbanner always helps a knightly order - both are much cheaper too.

Drop the command + hochland from the Handgunners as well as the Engineer.

That should leave about 197 pts to play with. More State Troops!