PDA

View Full Version : Help in Cleveland, OH

j78
12-01-2010, 11:04
Hey gamers, if anyone is in Cleveland OH, I need some help. I'll be traveling to cleveland this weekend, and I want to try to get my hands on the bug codex on release day. the GW site says they have no GW shops in the area. I tried to contact some of the independents but no one is responding to my emails. anyone know any shops in the area?

Sildani
12-01-2010, 12:35
There are two that I know of. The first is called Warzone/Matrix, out in Rocky River. Another, Recess Games, is in North Olmstead.

Hope that helps.

j78
12-01-2010, 13:31
that's great, thanks alot, both seem to be about 30 minutes. have you been to both? any preference as to who needs more business?

Egor
12-01-2010, 13:37
There's another Recess Games in Southpark Mall in Strongsville. Where at in CTown will you be?

j78
12-01-2010, 13:49
lyndhurst. recess games has nice website, but emailing in a question seems to be an issue. we'll see who gets back to me first

Egor
12-01-2010, 13:55
http://warzonematrix.com/

This is the store in rocky river. It's like 1 minute from the airport, just off 480. Try their forum and you'll probably get a quick response. I live in FL now but I grew up in Berea. Warzone reminds me of what I wish my grandpas basement should have looked like if he were a gamer.

BrotherCaptainS
12-01-2010, 14:00
I lived in cleveland for 5 years go to recess games in north olmstead. They are the better store between them and warzone. Very nice guys ask for jim or marcus. If you manage to talk to one of them tell them john from findlay sent you. You might be able to get a discount. Great store great staff.

BrotherCaptainS
12-01-2010, 14:18
Oh and just from a business stand point recess is way better. I gamed at both stores and you'll find that recess just is better. They are also much easier to find. From dow town cleveland its 20 mins just jump on 480. Warzone is a little closer but the neighborhood is not as nice and its a little trickier to find and park. Chris is nice enough but he doesn't clean and the last time I went I ended up having a reaction to all the dust and my eye swelled shut. It was crazy. I'm not putting warzone down just giving you the inside info.

j78
12-01-2010, 14:34
thanks for the heads up. recess appears to be in the lead, but something is either wrong on my end or their forum site to send an email. i'll be working on getting that fixed. looks like there is somewhere called underhills games that's listed as a mile away on one site, but that location may be closed. recess seems to be the place, i just want to confirm they'll have the book before i drive a out there.

thanks for all the tips and responses

Egor
12-01-2010, 14:39
Recess & Warzone are 5-10 minutes from eachother as well. So if one doesn't have it the other should.

j78
12-01-2010, 15:02
yeah, i was thinking that as well.

wow- it's not until you try to find a store in another state that you can appreciate what it must be like for others out there. i mean, i live 10 minutes from US headquarters. when they offered bits, i could get them in 30 minutes.

incarna
12-01-2010, 15:21
Iíve been involved in one aspect or another of modeling and wargaming for the better part of 20 years and I have NEVER seen an inventory that even comes CLOSE to that of Warzone. You could spend all day in that store.

Could use some organization though.

BrotherCaptainS
12-01-2010, 15:39
Iíve been involved in one aspect or another of modeling and wargaming for the better part of 20 years and I have NEVER seen an inventory that even comes CLOSE to that of Warzone. You could spend all day in that store.

Could use some organization though..

Actually the game room in toledo, ohio has just as much as warzone and its organized. Like I said they never clean at warzone and the bits are just thrown across tables in piles. Lots of stuff for sure they just need to clean and get organized. That why for what the op wants recess is by far the better choice.

Triszin The Wrath God
12-01-2010, 15:46
well if you can't make it to those places there is a hobbytown usa in mentor that carries 40k stuff. and they usually have all of the new releases.

and im surprised that this many people from ohio are on this forum!

GO BROWNS!

p.s.
as everyone else has said warzone has stock but it is highly unorganized, last time i went in there, there were boxes arching over the main doorway. and then dug around and found some old 13th company boxes :D

j78
12-01-2010, 16:04
good to know about the hobbytown, that place is closest. i saw they were listed on the GW site but their website didn't seem 40k friendly.

but i think i'll have some time so i might have to check out the other two stores. just from the description I want to check out this warzone.