PDA

View Full Version : Odd feeling

L6FR_BH_FKR
20-05-2005, 09:01
Well since the beginning of the school year I've been feeling Good/Bad in a periodic cycle. Anyways, it's not because of my grades (I came third of all the 12th grades this trimester). However there is this guy that I met at the start of the year. We are really great friends and odly enough Whenever I'm not with him in class or I didn't see him that day, or even over a weekend my 'bad' phases come along. This isn't sexual or anything, nor is it anything like love. It's just this natural feeling of confidence and content when I'm with him in class, like we've been friends ever since we were kids.

I find it very strange. I have other friends that i've known for 2-5 years and with them I don't have this feeling of trust at all. With him I know I can tell him stuff about me and not be judged, not have my opinions flaunted. He too also confides in me.
I wonder what this feeling is, and why I have never had it before.

Beefstick
20-05-2005, 09:33
Hmmmm... I'm not really sure what's up with this, as I'm not psychologist or anything. It's pretty normal to be happy or content or whatever when with friends. I know whenever I'm hanging out with my friends and we're all going on about stupid crap, I've got a smile on my face. I've also got a friend to whom I'm very close, and know that anything I share with him is safe. That is a really great thing to have, and I feel really important to be able to do. The opportunity to be able to speak openly with someone about your more personal thoughts or whatever without fear of judgement or persecution is a rare and wonderful thing.

What concerns me about your situation is the 'bad phases'. Perhaps you are relying too heavily on this friend of yours for entertainment/ affirmation/ companionship. If you have other friends around, don't forget them. It may be that you are ignoring your older firends a bit and so you more keenly feel lonliness when your friend isn't around because you've drifted farther away from the people whom you have known for longer. Also, be careful of expecting too much out of your friendship. It is possible that your buddy doesn't view your relationship the same way. If you depend on this person too much, and they flake out on you later, it could be really devastating.

But like I said, take my advice with a grain of salt, cuz I'm not a professional, just a dude who has friends too. ;)

x-esiv-4c
20-05-2005, 14:41
I concur with beefstick. Perhaps you have a slight necessity to always be in the company of someone else close. Are you comfortable by yourself? Can you lie in a dark room without any sound and just be?
And like Beefstick said I'm no psychologist either.

Frodo34x
21-05-2005, 11:52
Well since the beginning of the school year I've been feeling Good/Bad in a periodic cycle. Anyways, it's not because of my grades (I came third of all the 12th grades this trimester). However there is this guy that I met at the start of the year. We are really great friends and odly enough Whenever I'm not with him in class or I didn't see him that day, or even over a weekend my 'bad' phases come along. This isn't sexual or anything, nor is it anything like love. It's just this natural feeling of confidence and content when I'm with him in class, like we've been friends ever since we were kids.

I find it very strange. I have other friends that i've known for 2-5 years and with them I don't have this feeling of trust at all. With him I know I can tell him stuff about me and not be judged, not have my opinions flaunted. He too also confides in me.
I wonder what this feeling is, and why I have never had it before.
I've had this feeling... I think.